SIZING: Rome Agent Rocker 151 - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-09-2011, 09:13 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default SIZING: Rome Agent Rocker 151

Found one for a decent price but im 5'9, 165-170, Size 9 boots. Will this work? What will I be sacrificing if I go with this small of a size?
eug3fo is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-10-2011, 11:42 AM   #2 (permalink)
Veteran Member

you could ride it but probally just for park, no big jumps, im 155lbs and went with a 153
LTshredTN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2011, 11:56 AM   #3 (permalink)

If you're looking for a park/jib board that would be right down your alley. I'm 5"8 185lbs and i ride a 150cm 2011 Gnu Park Pickle. It all comes down to personal preference and riding style. By going shorter you will lose the ability to ride in deep powder and it'll be a tad bit sketchy on big landings, i find if u land tail heavy on a smaller board its very unforgiving and tends to wash out, especially with a softer and shorter board. With the bigger jumps i use a 153 Nitro T1, litte stiffer, still on the smaller side but i find it doesn't wash out on me on the landings like the pickle does, keep in mind i have a 2* bevel on the base and side edges. I say go for it, you'll never know how it rides till u try it. I had bought a 153 pickle this year and realized i wanted shorter after thrashing on it for a bit so i sold it and picked up the 150 and definitely dont regret it.
park_rat_allan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2011, 03:19 PM   #4 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by park_rat_allan View Post
If you're looking for a park/jib board that would be right down your alley. I'm 5"8 185lbs and i ride a 150cm 2011 Gnu Park Pickle. It all comes down to personal preference and riding style. By going shorter you will lose the ability to ride in deep powder and it'll be a tad bit sketchy on big landings, i find if u land tail heavy on a smaller board its very unforgiving and tends to wash out, especially with a softer and shorter board. With the bigger jumps i use a 153 Nitro T1, litte stiffer, still on the smaller side but i find it doesn't wash out on me on the landings like the pickle does, keep in mind i have a 2* bevel on the base and side edges. I say go for it, you'll never know how it rides till u try it. I had bought a 153 pickle this year and realized i wanted shorter after thrashing on it for a bit so i sold it and picked up the 150 and definitely dont regret it.
I currently ride a K2 WWW 152 and was wondering if a ROME AGENT Rocker 151 will be about the same ride considering the ROME AGENT is a hybrid camber and the K2 WWW a regular rocker shape?? I like my 152 alot and I CAN get through lower-knee high powder fairly well so im just trying to figure out if the Rome Agent will ride the same if not better than the Weapon.
Old 01-11-2011, 04:19 PM   #5 (permalink)

The recommended weight range for the 151 is 110-165, which means you are at the very end or over the limit. I'm no expert but that doesn't sound like a good fit, no matter what the price.
enayes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2011, 06:57 PM   #6 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by enayes View Post
The recommended weight range for the 151 is 110-165, which means you are at the very end or over the limit. I'm no expert but that doesn't sound like a good fit, no matter what the price.
I can lose the weight to fit the board...seriously.
Old 01-11-2011, 07:11 PM   #7 (permalink)

Im on the far end/passed the weight on my pickle but i still ride it and it suits my riding style so dont let that be the limiting factor here. As far as the feel of rocker boards in powder and all around riding, i personally find the ride much smoother in transitions between edges as well as buttering is a dream on a soft flexy rocker board. I say go for it and shred the hell out of it!
park_rat_allan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2011, 08:25 PM   #8 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by eug3fo View Post
I can lose the weight to fit the board...seriously.
Not sure if you're joking, but at 5'9 you wanna be in the 160 range. That's a healthy weight. Don't go hurting yourself.
enayes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2011, 12:53 AM   #9 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by enayes View Post
Not sure if you're joking, but at 5'9 you wanna be in the 160 range. That's a healthy weight. Don't go hurting yourself.
I guess I was joking. Does the fact that the 151 is a hybrid camber instead of regular rocker camber make and difference in the way the board will perform?