Another clueless noob in need of a bit of guidance... - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-11-2011, 01:22 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default Another clueless noob in need of a bit of guidance...

Hey All,
I just recently fond this website and am really enjoying it and you all, alot of good info here! And I'm hoping to be able to tap into some more.

I've gone the rental route once at a local lodge a couple seasons ago, and it kicked my butt. Regardless of being sore I could see how it would be a blast to switch to a board if you had more time to give it than once or twice a year. I've finally reached that point.

I've done alot of looking, reading, and searching for info, but feel more confused than a carrier pigeon in a tornado.
I'm between 6'0" and 6'1" with a size 10 boot and normally weigh in around 200-210. Right now I'm over that with having my foot non-weight bearing in a boot from a mountain biking injury and it's due to come off soon. From previous experiences with in-line skating, I've always been partial to K2. I'm not familiar with the other brands and not opposed to them.

I'm looking for a beginner setup to use for a couple seasons use until upgrading. Using all the guides on line, I'm looking for a 163+/- board. With my shoe size, going wide isn't a necessity. Packages online that I have found are for a Ride Yukon($449), Aperture($299), LTD($299), or Lamar($299) complete setups. Are those boards worth a darned or would I be best served biting the bullet and going with something along the lines of a K2 Brigade, Burton Ruler boots, and some appropriate bindings? Or somewhere in between?

I know you all get this alot, but greatly appreciate your alls input.

R
ryninger is offline   Reply With Quote