What board would you recommand? - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-11-2011, 03:51 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default What board would you recommand?

It's been 3 years I've been snowboarding, before, all I really wanted was to be able to go down a mountain on a snowboard, that's all I ever wanted so I let the guy at Sports Expert choose everything for me. I've got Salomon boots(Idk which model), Burton Freestyle Binders(from 2007~) and a K2 Viper(the blue one from 2007). I'm 16 years old now, and I feel that even though I've grown much taller than before, this board is still too big from me. Now, I'm really looking into getting those big airs. I mean it looks crazy fun to do a big ass back flip . Also looking to get into a bit of jibbing, maybe I'll like it. I don't care about the speed going down the mountains because I'll be with my friends and they tend to go slow. . Where I live, there's a bit of ice, but I can manage them so it shouldn't be an influence on my board pick. (Quebec, Montreal)

Oh, I'm about 150LB and 5'7 without my boots.
Lifprasir is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-11-2011, 04:29 PM   #2 (permalink)

What size is your Viper?

Sounds like you're in the market for an all mountain/freestyle/do it all type of board. At your weight I'd say you should be looking at boards in the 150-55 range. Closer to 150 the more freestyle/jibbing you want.

I'm in the market for a similar board and have been looking at the Never Summer SL/Evo, Rome Agent Rocker and Bataleon Evil twin. There are MANY awesome boards out there, so try not to become too obsessed in finding THE board for you (like I am)

Everyone seems to love Never Summer, the SL for all mountain and Evo for more freestyle. Rome is a great company that has been making quality boards for a long time. I have become very interested in Bataleon the last week or so, check out the videos on their TBT (triple base technology), sounds awesome. Good Luck.
enayes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2011, 04:36 PM   #3 (permalink)

Yeah, I'm REALLY digging the Never Summer Evo, quite expensive, but then again, all snowboards seem to be expensive. My Viper is 155, quite big lol.. I bought this when I Was 5'5, I still can't imagine how I dealt with it :P
Old 01-11-2011, 04:44 PM   #4 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lifprasir View Post
Yeah, I'm REALLY digging the Never Summer Evo, quite expensive, but then again, all snowboards seem to be expensive. My Viper is 155, quite big lol.. I bought this when I Was 5'5, I still can't imagine how I dealt with it :P
The right size snowboard depends more on your weight than your height. A snowboard can't tell how tall you are, but it can feel how much you weigh.

I don't have any experience riding the boards I mentioned before, so I would recommend doing a search for freestyle or all mountain boards. I'm sure there will be a ton of suggestions. Or just search for the evo. Also check out the for sale ads here as well as eBay, evo's from last year have been popping up.
Old 01-11-2011, 05:24 PM   #5 (permalink)

Rly? I'm actually looking for last year's evo, I can't find them on ebay. :P. The worst is I'll wait for spring and buy the evo by then. Should be on sales.
Old 01-11-2011, 05:28 PM   #6 (permalink)

I've seen a couple, at least one here on the forum. I've had some other posters tell me that it will be difficult to find a Never Summer board on sale because they are usually sold out by then. I believe the white evo is already sold out on some sites, keep checking eBay and the classifieds here.
Old 01-11-2011, 07:50 PM   #7 (permalink)

Okay, but they will be in production till the season ends, no?
Old 01-11-2011, 08:06 PM   #8 (permalink)
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lifprasir View Post
Okay, but they will be in production till the season ends, no?
Nope.
NeverSummer keeps a pretty tight control on production, primarily so you don't get the "Burton Effect" (i.e. half priced around Christmas time already). They don't make all that many compared to some manufacturers so that's why you tend to find them sold out and in great demand.
Snowfox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2011, 08:18 PM   #9 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snowfox View Post
Nope.
NeverSummer keeps a pretty tight control on production, primarily so you don't get the "Burton Effect" (i.e. half priced around Christmas time already). They don't make all that many compared to some manufacturers so that's why you tend to find them sold out and in great demand.
...............shit. I was actually hoping that the 148 would go back in stock.. damm. the color i want is all sold out then! :'(

Okay, then as far as I can see, I've got two choices.

1) Save up money for an Evo next year, which I honestly don't mind, just so long that the viper actually has some decent jumping abilities.
2) Buy another board, similar to the Evo. :P

Last edited by Lifprasir; 01-11-2011 at 08:44 PM.
Old 01-11-2011, 10:18 PM   #10 (permalink)

I picked up a 2010 evo 155 2009/2010 for $300 last week from this site. Should be here tomorrow stoked to get on it. I think you should keep eyes open for the same sort of deal. Sierra stunts on eBay all the time can be had for about $200 and they might be a great inexpensive entry level board. See Snowboard, Snowboards, Burton Snowboards, Burton Bindings, Burton Boots, and snowboard reviews - Free Shipping - US Orders Over $50 for reviews.
Principal is offline   Reply With Quote