How much should I sell my board for? - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-13-2011, 01:35 AM   #1 (permalink)

Default How much should I sell my board for?

My '08 Rome Anthem is dead. MSRP $500. Ain't poppin' like it used to, not that it had a ton of pop to begin with, after maybe 100 days of riding. In fact I thought my riding skills were regressing and for some reason my sessions have been fatiguing the hell outta me this season. I thought it was me getting old. I guess it was my board.

How do I appraise it? It's pretty well worn but the base is in good condition, no core shots, holds wax well, and the metal edges are in good condition. Now the top sheet ain't pretty. usual scuffs and chips along the edges from myself and inconsiderate bastards. Plus, imprints from my bindings, and a thousand marks from my back foot ratchets pecking the hell outta my board.

Last edited by SilverK20A3; 01-13-2011 at 01:46 AM.
SilverK20A3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-13-2011, 01:38 AM   #2 (permalink)
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverK20A3 View Post
My '08 Rome Anthem is dead. Ain't poppin' like it used to, not that it had a ton of pop to begin with, after maybe 100 days of riding. In fact I thought my riding skills were regressing and for some reason my sessions have been fatiguing the hell outta me this season. I thought it was me getting old. I guess it was my board.

How do I appraise it? It's pretty well worn but the base is in good condition, no core shots, holds wax well, and the metal edges are in good condition. Now the top sheet ain't pretty. usual scuffs and chips along the edges and top sheet from myself and inconsiderate bastards. Plus, imprints from my bindings, and a thousand marks from my back foot ratchets pecking the hell outta my board.
GearTrade

Check out some of the dings the snowboards on that site have. That'll give you a rough starting point. Not promising it'll sell, but its something.
Nefarious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2011, 11:43 AM   #3 (permalink)

$125 seems fair.
enayes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2011, 12:26 PM   #4 (permalink)

Thanks guys. Just curious, do I need to disclose how many days are on it and the board doesn't pop? Or is that the buyers responsibility to find out? I've never sold anything so worn out before.
SilverK20A3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2011, 12:45 PM   #5 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverK20A3 View Post
Thanks guys. Just curious, do I need to disclose how many days are on it and the board doesn't pop? Or is that the buyers responsibility to find out? I've never sold anything so worn out before.
You can always pick a rock bottm price you will accept and then put it on ebay, you may get more than you think. As for condition I would just say it has been used for 2 seasons, top sheet has usualy wear and tear, base in good condition and show pictures.
Hurricane is offline   Reply With Quote