Lib Tech Attack Banana - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-13-2011, 09:50 AM   #1 (permalink)

Default Lib Tech Attack Banana

Question:

Just bought the 156 Lib Tech Attack Banana and it is a SICK board. Perfect stiffness (can manual down the whole mountain), carves amazing, very responsive. I bought the board after not riding for 2 years, and my first 2 times down the mountain I wiped out 2 times when stopping, and naturally, I complained thinking that I had too much heel overhang. Then the rest of the times I went down I had not problem. Do you think that was me just breaking in the board, catching too much edge when trying to stop and the board slipping because it was Icy? Or do you think that I should have bought a wider board?

I have size US11.5 ThirtyTwo Boots (they run small and 11.5 is more towards the 11 or 10.5 range), with Burton Mission Bindings (They have a thicker base, boots are higher off the ground)The board width is 25.3cm, and I use a duck stance.

My question is, do you think I should have bought a wider board, or do you think I am just being anal? I only had like 2 bad runs, (until I got used to the board) then I was fine, getting 10+ feet of air off the jumps.

What do you guys think? Anal or legitimate concern?
bbplyr is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-13-2011, 12:31 PM   #2 (permalink)

Any Ideas?
Old 01-13-2011, 12:36 PM   #3 (permalink)

Well.....how much overhang do you have?
basso4735 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2011, 12:40 PM   #4 (permalink)

about 1.4 inches on the heel (if measuring correctly). Doesn't seem to be affecting anything. But I would like to know because these guys pushed the board on me and I had raised my concern of getting a wider board. They said that It would be fine. The heels don't touch the ground until a heelside angle of 75degrees is reached (when stopping)
Old 01-13-2011, 01:20 PM   #5 (permalink)

You do not need a wide board with a 11.5 boot.

You haven't boarded in 2 years, plus it's a brand new setup. It's not the setup, it's you being out of practice and you made a mistake. Plus it really depends on the terrain, you might have hit a bumpy spot, ect.
Roundabout136 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2011, 01:30 PM   #6 (permalink)

Yeah I agree, it was groomers, but they were icy and bumpy and being my first time and not being perfect pissed me off haha shit happens when you party naked!
Old 01-13-2011, 01:50 PM   #7 (permalink)

I think you just hit some death cookies or a decent patch of ice. I would however make sure that your boots are centered on the board so you have equal over hang.

I just centered my bindings last night. I had about .5" overhang on the heel and 1.5" on the toes, pretty excited to try it out now, but it is just a suggestion.

Also I have a friend who rides with size 14 boots and uses a board with a 24.9 girth. He absolutely rips down the mountain and never catches on his boots.

Also, how wide is your stance? I had mine too wide and it made me feel awful the beginning of the day, but at lunch I took them in closer and it felt amazing!
Old 01-25-2011, 06:18 PM   #8 (permalink)

how much do you weigh? i'm looking at the attack banana and am not sure what size to get.
Mlouis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2011, 06:47 PM   #9 (permalink)

The problem could be the shape of the board. Reverse camber boards do not hold edge near as well. I noticed myself washing out a lot the first few days when I switched from my Rome Graft to my Capita Ultra Fear last year.
cncsd is offline   Reply With Quote