Ready to Buy! - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-13-2011, 05:27 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default Ready to Buy!

So i've been saving up my money for the past few months and have enough to finally buy a board. Only problem is i dont know which one to get. Ive been using an 11 year old board this season. Didn't figure a new board would ride oh so much better for me to have to buy one. Man was i wrong. I rode a friends board the other day and i was doing shit i didnt even know i knew how to do. Buttering with ease something i had never even so much as tried on the plank i call a board. The only dilema is i dont know what board to get.

i ride mostly slopes with "easy street" (begnner park) and sometimes even the terrain park thrown in. Im 6'2" and weight about 135lbs. yeah i know skinny. haha. I've decide i probably need around a 155 or 156 maybe 157. I ride a 159 or 160 right now. Its fine but i want something a little more park oriented. Something i could butter with easy and do rails and some jumps but can also handle some speed because i like to haul ass. Although this is one thing the board im on now is good at if i have a speedy day i'll use my current board. Anyways probably want something around a 4.5 or 5 in flex.

Like i said i have the money just need a decision. Right now im looking at
K2 WWW
Forum youngblood (not chillydog)

Other than that im not really sure. There are so many to choose from and idk what to get. If theres anything else i should let someone know go ahead and pm me or something. Also whats a good website to buy from? I like the house but they dont always carry my sizes.

Thanks for all the help.
tdg1x07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-13-2011, 06:17 PM   #2 (permalink)

park is under 155 for you for sure lol... It's about the weight, not the height.
Lifprasir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2011, 06:33 PM   #3 (permalink)

Just check out some all mountain/freestly boards. Rome agent, never summer sl/evo, ride machete, bataleon evil twin/riot all get positive reviews. At your weight I'd say you wanna stay around 155, you are tall for your weight but you don't want something too small. You may have trouble controlling a 157+ board at your weight.
enayes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2011, 07:33 PM   #4 (permalink)

I concur with enayes.
Principal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2011, 08:16 AM   #5 (permalink)
Leo
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lifprasir View Post
park is under 155 for you for sure lol... It's about the weight, not the height.
This is true for most situations. There are rare occasions where height matters. In this guy's case, it does indeed matter.

He's really tall for his weight. This means two things:

1) A small board in his weight range might not accommodate his stance which is most certainly wider than other riders in his weight class

2) He will have considerable leverage over boards in his weight range causing them to flex a lot softer. However, unlike being too heavy for a board, the board will only flex softer when he manually flexes it. For people who are too heavy for a board, it will ride softer as well as flex softer. For tdg, the board will still ride within the stated flex

I recommend this board if money isn't a huge deal:

Lib Tech Skate Banana BTX Snowboard 2011

It's mid-flex with Lib's excellent BTX tech. Magnetraction sidecut that will crush it in icey conditions and a Banana rocker that is awesome for powder and park.
Old 01-14-2011, 03:35 PM   #6 (permalink)

Thanks guys yea, i figure a 155 should be just fine. I do have a sort of widened stance but really not as much as you would think considering how long my legs are. Also the board i ride now is long and very heavy compared to modern boards. Id say a 155 should be alright, also i think if they still have it I'll get a WWW if not I'll save up a little longer and by the Lib.
Thanks for all the help
Old 01-14-2011, 03:45 PM   #7 (permalink)

I would go for a last years model of the roman artifact. I have one and love it so much Rome Artifact Snowboard - Men's Reviews & Sale | trusnow.com
alecdude88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2011, 04:08 PM   #8 (permalink)

I think I would size up in your case. I am 6'2" 230. I have a Kink 159W I ride when I want to just mess around, the stance is maxed out and it still feels a little tight. If you get the WWW in a 157 I highly doubt you'd have any trouble pressing or buttering it.
conwayeast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2011, 01:13 PM   #9 (permalink)

If you get a rocker board you can ride a smaller board. I would definatly suggest rocker as its good for both jibbing and powder. Personally I would get a 153-154 Lib Skate Banana, 154 K2 WWW rocker is also a sweet board, GNU Riders Choice BTX is good for all around riding. Rome Artifact Rocker is a sick park board but I dont know how well it would handle in the park or at high speeds.. its pretty damn flexy.
SkylineGTR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2011, 02:02 PM   #10 (permalink)

haha got my board yesterday, 156 W K2 WWW camber version. Got it for $260 on the house with a 5% off coupon. Haven't ridden it yet. Cant wait