NS SL Question - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-13-2011, 08:40 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default NS SL Question

Ive done some research on here and sorta got my answer but not 100% sure. Im in the market of getting a 2011 NS SL and i wanted to make sure the board was for me. None of my local shops carry NS boards so i wont be able to know anything about it accpect the reviews i hear on it. First id like to know how is the flex on it?? Im currently riding a 2009 Rome Artifact (PeepShow) which i think has alot of flex to it. Which board has more?? Im a 70% rider and 30% park (Jumps and Rails). Is the SL or Evo better for what my riding needs are?? Also i like to play on the ground (butter, ect) is this board soft enough for that?? Id most likely be riding with my 09 cartels on it until i save enough to pick up a pair of flux sf45 or ds45.

Any advice will help!!!

Thanks
Joey C
JoEY C is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-14-2011, 09:47 AM   #2 (permalink)

by the sounds of it the sl would better suit your riding style the the evo, the sl is great in the park and only gets chattery when really hard charging...but some people will say they don't.... I've never ridden either an evo or sl. But if you were doing more Park riding maybe the evo but I would say the SL would better suit your style, there are a lot of people on here who would swear by there sl's..... Flex compared to the artifcat, I would think that the sl would be a bit stiffer because as far as i know the artifact is rome's freestyle board....?

hope this helped and if I'm wrong somebody say something! haha
notter123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2011, 09:57 AM   #3 (permalink)
Veteran Member

How much do you weigh? That has a lot to do with flex. I'm 185lbs and find the SL pretty flexible, but I don't ride park hardly at all (other than hitting some jumps on a lap or two here and there). It's definitely too flexible for my liking on hard charging, big dropping lines. It does chatter a bit at high speed, but it's not terrible.
DrnknZag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2011, 10:34 AM   #4 (permalink)
Veteran Member

I'd go Evo. It's softer than the SL, and I take mine all over the mountain without a problem.
snowvols is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2011, 05:48 PM   #5 (permalink)

Long Island huh? I wouldn't take advice from someone from Utah, they actually have snow up there

I ride the SL on the east coast and really like it, it's not the easiest for buttering but I've had no problems charging hard and hitting park jumps, although I haven't hit any rails yet. I weigh 160 and ride a 155 and it's hard for me to get my nose up more than a few inches off the ground but I like the stiffness for carving.
doron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2011, 06:28 PM   #6 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrnknZag View Post
How much do you weigh? That has a lot to do with flex. I'm 185lbs and find the SL pretty flexible, but I don't ride park hardly at all (other than hitting some jumps on a lap or two here and there). It's definitely too flexible for my liking on hard charging, big dropping lines. It does chatter a bit at high speed, but it's not terrible.
Im 190

Quote:
Originally Posted by doron View Post
Long Island huh? I wouldn't take advice from someone from Utah, they actually have snow up there

I ride the SL on the east coast and really like it, it's not the easiest for buttering but I've had no problems charging hard and hitting park jumps, although I haven't hit any rails yet. I weigh 160 and ride a 155 and it's hard for me to get my nose up more than a few inches off the ground but I like the stiffness for carving.
Yes, theres alil bit of a difference between UT and NY lol.

Thanks for the help guys. Ive also gave a Skate Banana a thought alot. Hows your thoughts on that??
JoEY C is offline   Reply With Quote