Burton Dom vs Forum Manual - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-01-2008, 06:34 PM   #1 (permalink)
TeamDime1011

Default Burton Dom vs Forum Manual

sorry if this has been posted a million times.

I'm getting the burton dom slick in the mail in a couple days and am very excited about it, but i just saw the forum manual for the exact same price i got the Dom for. Now, i know forum was bought out by burton, but i still love forum and all their products. i ride two of their boards and have a bunch of hoodies and all that stuff. so my question is, for those who know, do the two differ THAT much? is the Dom really the cats meow like everyone says it is? or can i return the dom and support my company and get the manual and experience the exact same things that the dom riders are. since i'm gettin the slick that has virtually no edges, whats the manual's edges like? thanks for the help, hope you guys are enjoyin the snow as much as myself over here in norcal!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-01-2008, 07:30 PM   #2 (permalink)
mike1two

I don't think that you will see a big difference between the two. Its really up to you.
Old 02-01-2008, 08:36 PM   #3 (permalink)
TeamDime1011

thanks man, any other peoples opinions or experiences? if anyone is lookin for a dom slick 150 brand new, let me know!
Old 02-02-2008, 11:24 PM   #4 (permalink)
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Well, the dom slick has the ressed edges. The Manual does not. That will make a pretty significant difference. If your looking to do mostlly job stuff, then get the Dom. If you want some semblence of holding an edge, get the Forum.

"Up, up, my people, let smoke and flame be our sign!"
-The White Rose Society

sedition is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2008, 02:01 PM   #5 (permalink)
PapaWood

The Dom Slick is prety much 100 percent jib. The "slick" edges are soft and wont hold up too well for giving you much of an edgehold. So if you are doing all jib stuff, this board is prety much the best. If you are going to be doing all around park stuff though, the Forum will get er done quite nice. My roomate has the Dominant slick for some fun urban shit and it works great.
Old 02-03-2008, 10:33 PM   #6 (permalink)
TeamDime1011

thanks again you guys. does anyone who actually rides the manual have anything to chime in with?
Old 03-24-2008, 10:44 AM   #7 (permalink)
thelowerclass

I know I'm probably a little late but I do ride the manual. The one I bought was a little bit longer then I should have gotten (156) which makes the flex a little harder to tap into but even at it's length and my low weight (130ish) I can still push out tail blocks , it handles great edge wise, still works for park jumps, slays rails, and works good on the streets too. I highly recomend it.