NS SL/Legacy vs. Skate Banana - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-14-2011, 06:30 AM   #1 (permalink)

Default NS SL/Legacy vs. Skate Banana

Hiya,

Another vs. thread with well-known boards, I know.

Here's my background:

I live in Europe so it's quite hard to get my hands on a reasonably prices Nerver Summer board, Skate banana not so hard.
I started snowboarding in 2009, have 2 season of experience and I'm able to ride greens & blue's comfortably on my current board, an APO Selekta.

Lately I've been reading about rocker boards up to the point that I really, really want one.
I'm not a park rat, I just like to cruize, do tree runs, get some pow in the future and jump some kickers. Speed is also not important.
In another thread I got some advice from other members that I'm keeping in the back of my head while creating this thread so don't worry, not ignoring your advice .

So here are my own pro's and con's for both boards:

NS SL / NS Legacy:
+ R.C. combo tech (Does it turns as fast and easely as the Skate Banana and what is the butter/pow capability compared to the Banana?)
+ Full metal wrapped edges
+ Variogrip (how does this compare to magne-traction?)
+ Able to get the 2011-2012 version
- Very hard to get here so it's going to cost me about 870$ if I buy it in Europe(And while US shop Evo.com said that 150$ will cover shipping and ALL tax duties, I'm still sceptical about customs tax in my own country, wich is usualy half of the product's price and will eventually cost me more than 870$ if they're wrong)

Lib-Tech Skate Banana:
+ Pure rocker (Great in pow, buttering, turning)
+ Magne-traction
+ Easy to get
+ Only 670$
- No metal edge wrapping (read about some problems with this)
- Twichy? (No idea what that translates to on-piste)

Please help me, I really need a clear view on this.

Last edited by Glitchdj; 01-14-2011 at 07:49 AM.
Glitchdj is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-14-2011, 08:12 AM   #2 (permalink)
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glitchdj View Post
Hiya,

Another vs. thread with well-known boards, I know.

Here's my background:

I live in Europe so it's quite hard to get my hands on a reasonably prices Nerver Summer board, Skate banana not so hard.
I started snowboarding in 2009, have 2 season of experience and I'm able to ride greens & blue's comfortably on my current board, an APO Selekta.

Lately I've been reading about rocker boards up to the point that I really, really want one.
I'm not a park rat, I just like to cruize, do tree runs, get some pow in the future and jump some kickers. Speed is also not important.
In another thread I got some advice from other members that I'm keeping in the back of my head while creating this thread so don't worry, not ignoring your advice .

So here are my own pro's and con's for both boards:

NS SL / NS Legacy:
+ R.C. combo tech (Does it turns as fast and easely as the Skate Banana and what is the butter/pow capability compared to the Banana?)
+ Full metal wrapped edges
+ Variogrip (how does this compare to magne-traction?)
+ Able to get the 2011-2012 version
- Very hard to get here so it's going to cost me about 870$ if I buy it in Europe(And while US shop Evo.com said that 150$ will cover shipping and ALL tax duties, I'm still sceptical about customs tax in my own country, wich is usualy half of the product's price and will eventually cost me more than 870$ if they're wrong)

Lib-Tech Skate Banana:
+ Pure rocker (Great in pow, buttering, turning)
+ Magne-traction
+ Easy to get
+ Only 670$
- No metal edge wrapping (read about some problems with this)
- Twichy? (No idea what that translates to on-piste)

Please help me, I really need a clear view on this.

First of all, according to your pro list, you're going to be happy with either board. At the end of the day, it's hard to say that Never Summer isn't worth the money. I do believe in their products and hand made is always a plus. In this instance though, don't pay the extra. You'll be just as happy with the banana, and rocker + magne-trac will be enough to entertain you for a few years.

The one piece of information that you didn't give us were your normal snow conditions? How is it at the main places you go? If you're dealing with more icepack/snowpack than powder, then definitely go for the banana. The serrated edges on the banana will grip like nobodys business.

Hope I helped. I'm up and commenting way earlier than I'm used to. Not sure any of it was intelligible.
Nefarious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2011, 12:40 PM   #3 (permalink)
ss0

I love my SL, but I don't think I'd pay $870 for it. As the poster above said, it sounds like you'd have fun on either board and if the Banana is that much cheaper and easier to obtain I'd probably go with that.
ss0 is offline   Reply With Quote