QUESTION: is this a deal? suggestions? - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-02-2008, 02:29 PM   #1 (permalink)
sl33pyriceboi

Question QUESTION: is this a deal? suggestions?

hey everyone, i started snowboarding bout a month ago. and i TOTALLY fell in love.

i am currently riding on a Salomon 157 daniel franck. and im totally comfortable to it.

my status, i am new, but i can carve down a steep mountain pretty well with decent S's.i (im not trying to sound cocky) but i guess snowboarding and i have really clicked.

ANYWAYS HERE IS MY QUESTION:

ive been doing my research and i am looking at the BURTON CUSTOM X. (ive ridden it, and i REALLY love it)

its new (STILL IN PLASTIC), and its the 2007 158 board. he's selling for 400 picked up. is that a decent deal?
is that too much? or should i wait untill next year?

but 400 for a new customX sounds good?

QUESTION 2:
i am also looking at a pair of used (just a few runs) Burton iDiom Bindings 2007 Medium bindings.

he wants 175. but i offered 150.

is this a decent price? (@175? or 150)

QUESTION 3: these bindings will fit my size 8 burton freestyle boots? (stupid question i know, but im a noobie)

NOTE: im planning to buy season passes next season, and go atleast twice a week, so thats why i wanna invest in a good board.

any other suggestions (such as wait for next year to buy ur stuff) or anything else to help a noobie out?

thx guys. i appreciate it.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-02-2008, 02:59 PM   #2 (permalink)

Here is my advice...I am new as well. First year, but I get to ride quite a bit...I have over 20 days here in Colorado thus far. I have pretty good equipment and wanted to upgrade...Natural part of progression is wanting all the "good" stuff. Any how after numerous purchases I am back riding my original very good set up, as comfort is 90% of the battle. If you stuff fits you good and you can ride it...I would ride it until you needed new stuff. A better board doesn't improve you riding, as I have met quite a few of the locals and my friends here can really ride and they all have equipment that is pretty well used. One of them just upgrade to a new board and ended up getting the same salomon strobe I ride as it is a good board and you can get good deals on the 07's...Not sure if this helps at all, but was my experience thus far...Ben
BRsnow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2008, 03:09 PM   #3 (permalink)
sl33pyriceboi

Quote:
Originally Posted by BRsnow View Post
Here is my advice...I am new as well. First year, but I get to ride quite a bit...I have over 20 days here in Colorado thus far. I have pretty good equipment and wanted to upgrade...Natural part of progression is wanting all the "good" stuff. Any how after numerous purchases I am back riding my original very good set up, as comfort is 90% of the battle. If you stuff fits you good and you can ride it...I would ride it until you needed new stuff. A better board doesn't improve you riding, as I have met quite a few of the locals and my friends here can really ride and they all have equipment that is pretty well used. One of them just upgrade to a new board and ended up getting the same salomon strobe I ride as it is a good board and you can get good deals on the 07's...Not sure if this helps at all, but was my experience thus far...Ben
most deff, but see, the SALOMON board im riding is my friend's. and its beginning to be a real pain asking him every other week or soemtimes twice a week to borrow it. (more like im being a pain to him)

and he goes twice a week, so sometimes i wanna go with him so he can teach me and end up spending ilke 60+ dollars in renting.

the only thing i own are:
my cloths
gloves
googles
boots
Old 02-02-2008, 03:24 PM   #4 (permalink)

Gotcha...I am not too familiar with Burton, but clearly they make good boards and that is top of line. I would think if you wanted to spend less you could find equally as good of boards in the 200-300 range if you want new 07's at this point...I highly suggest taking your boots with you to buy bindings and make sure they fit each other. The size should be fine, but it is nice to actually see how your boot fits in it. I am sure quite a few guys will suggest some other brands for you as everyone has their own opinion...but get what you like and ride the hell out of it....Ben
BRsnow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2008, 11:20 PM   #5 (permalink)
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Question (1) and (2): Goto the Burton web site. Look at the suggested retail price of those items. Compare with selling the price. Do some math. If the selling price is higher than the suggested retail price, then no, it is not a deal. If is subtantialy lower, then yes, it is deal.

Question (3): Goto the Burton web site. Look at the binding sections. There, it will list what size boot goes with what size bindings. Determine the binding size (S,M,L) that goes with a size 8 boot. Ask seller if the bindigs are S,M, or L. If he says they are the size that you need, then they will fit.

"Up, up, my people, let smoke and flame be our sign!"
-The White Rose Society

sedition is offline   Reply With Quote