Just another "help me pick my equipment" thread - Page 2 - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-03-2008, 07:06 PM   #11 (permalink)
ndiggity

Quote:
Originally Posted by zumiezrep24 View Post
imma have to say go with the 390 bindings, a rome agent because this years is more stiff than last years get a 158-160 depending on how much flex you really want 158 for more but your still not gonna get all too much like i said this years is more stiff than lasts. lib-techs are known for their insane park boards with tons of flex and pop this year so id say between the rome and gnu... im not too knowledgable on gnu's but ive heard good things.

and bootwise. depending on how much you wanna spend the dc superparks are phoneminal. but if you dont wanna spend that much 32's or dc's. the burton boa (if you were looking into boa) isnt as strong as the dc and 32's boa wiring.
Burton doesn't have any boots with boa that I know of?

Last edited by ndiggity; 02-03-2008 at 07:09 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-04-2008, 12:28 PM   #12 (permalink)
bmies

Thanks everyone, I've already got a couple pair of boots though.
Old 02-04-2008, 06:37 PM   #13 (permalink)
zumiezrep24

Quote:
Originally Posted by ndiggity View Post
Burton doesn't have any boots with boa that I know of?
my friends at an overnight ski trip just this friday had a pair of burtons with what looked to be like boa but his pants covered up the upper half and the whatever kinda line he had on it snapped on one and had it on the other. and i just kinda sat there and laughed.

i call any speedlacing boa. i really dont care for the termonoligy.
Old 02-04-2008, 09:05 PM   #14 (permalink)
ndiggity

Quote:
Originally Posted by zumiezrep24 View Post
my friends at an overnight ski trip just this friday had a pair of burtons with what looked to be like boa but his pants covered up the upper half and the whatever kinda line he had on it snapped on one and had it on the other. and i just kinda sat there and laughed.

i call any speedlacing boa. i really dont care for the termonoligy.
Oh ok, you were referring to the speed zone thing.
Old 02-08-2008, 11:07 AM   #15 (permalink)
bmies

Just ordered the Rome 390s. Still trying to decide on my board.

From experience, by jumping down in size 6 to 7 cm, am I going to be on my ass for a day learning how to manipulate a smaller board if the 167 is all I've ever ridden. Granted, just to keep myself busy on the slow days at the mountain, I try varying widths and set backs. So, I'm comfortable riding the current board at nearly any configuration.
Old 02-08-2008, 11:53 AM   #16 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmies View Post
Just ordered the Rome 390s. Still trying to decide on my board.

From experience, by jumping down in size 6 to 7 cm, am I going to be on my ass for a day learning how to manipulate a smaller board if the 167 is all I've ever ridden. Granted, just to keep myself busy on the slow days at the mountain, I try varying widths and set backs. So, I'm comfortable riding the current board at nearly any configuration.
Go to a 163 or so then.
I have a friend that rode a 168 santa cruz, and switched to a 163 this season. He doesn't seem to have any problems. Quite the contrary, the new stiffer board is better in every way he finds.
romesaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2008, 08:35 PM   #17 (permalink)
bmies

So, I got my Rome 390s and love them. Currently they are on a 167 Burton Baron and I've only tried the toe strap over the tip of the boot, instead of the top. Much more comfortable I found. Also, these seem to be more responsive than my Drake Podiums.

I was under the impression that the Podiums are a stiff binding with fast response to rider input. Maybe mine are worn out? They are old and well used.

Board. I still need to choose. I've decided on getting a Rome, I do know that. But, I just cant commit to what board. I've been to the local shop 3 times. This last time, I was ready to buy an Agent. But, I got a new salesman and he suggested the 154 or 157 Machine, while cheaper I'm a bit worried about going that much smaller. I'm 5'10", 11 boot, and a very dense (top heavy) 205 pounds. I dont do rails/ jibs. I like launching off anything natural. I like trees. I like powder. I live on the ice coast. This will be more of a fun all mountain board (that can be ridden switch with little difficulty) than my Baron, which I'll be keeping as a go fast, carve hard board.

What would you buy....from the Rome lineup. Design, Agent, Slash, Graft, Machine
Old 02-25-2008, 08:16 PM   #18 (permalink)
bmies

I did it. I got a 158cm Rome Slash. My nearly brand new Rome 390s (white/rust) bindings are on it. Not that I planned it, but its a damn good looking combo. I'll update after my knee gets a bit better with my experience riding it, i'm pumped.

Everything i've learned, i've learned on a board 9cm longer and much stiffer. I'm interested to see how I do downsizing that and capitalizing on the benefits of this more freestyle oriented board. YAY!!!

One other note....

I couldnt be happier with the shop I've been dealing with here in Worcester. Almost every time I went in, I dealt with someone different while trying to make a decision. The never fed me any BS and seemed genuinelly enthused in helping. I got a good deal and would recommend them to anyone. I'd originally thought I'd buy it online, but I couldnt beat the service from this place.
Old 02-25-2008, 08:29 PM   #19 (permalink)
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmies View Post
I did it. I got a 158cm Rome Slash. My nearly brand new Rome 390s (white/rust) bindings are on it. Not that I planned it, but its a damn good looking combo. I'll update after my knee gets a bit better with my experience riding it, i'm pumped.

Everything i've learned, i've learned on a board 9cm longer and much stiffer. I'm interested to see how I do downsizing that and capitalizing on the benefits of this more freestyle oriented board. YAY!!!

One other note....

I couldnt be happier with the shop I've been dealing with here in Worcester. Almost every time I went in, I dealt with someone different while trying to make a decision. The never fed me any BS and seemed genuinelly enthused in helping. I got a good deal and would recommend them to anyone. I'd originally thought I'd buy it online, but I couldnt beat the service from this place.
(1) Congrats

(2) What shop? (EB?)

(3) All the more reason to meet at me Wawa tomorrow

"Up, up, my people, let smoke and flame be our sign!"
-The White Rose Society

sedition is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2008, 08:57 PM   #20 (permalink)
bmies

Thanks, I'm happy with the purchase. Its strange, I have an easier time buying a car than a snowboard, haha. Yep, Eastern Boarder. I'll gladly do buiseness with them again. Great guys. Even got into some intelligent discussions of how boards and bindings worked on an engineering level, i'm a PhD student in Mechanical Engineering. I was impressed.

Haha, I wish I could. My knee is pretty destroyed at the moment, it'll take at least a few more days till I'm able to ride again unfortunately. I've also got meetings / class from around 10am to 9pm. While I have pulled off an 8:45 to 9:30 trip to Wawa before, and gone to class in my gear, haha, the knee is going to stop me this time. Another time, for sure. Thanks.