another noob wanting to buy a board - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-03-2008, 04:44 PM   #1 (permalink)
wmutuner

Default another noob wanting to buy a board

hey everyone i know you've been asked probably 1000 times but im not sure what to get so im getting as much info as possible before i by a board. I'm 6'1" 195lbs size 12 shoe. As far as riding goes i kind of want a good all around board maybe slightly more towards freestyle/park riding. Not sure which boards are good for what im looking at doing. i was looking at forums, ride's, and not sure what other ones are a good buy. im looking for a good deal, but if its going to fall apart after 1 season its kind of pointless. i've been looking at the never summer "coors" board and i know never summer's are usually one of the best. here is a link with info and a link to the board. anyones opinion is greatly apreciated.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-05-2008, 12:22 AM   #2 (permalink)
wmutuner

no love???
Old 02-05-2008, 01:14 AM   #3 (permalink)
Veteran Member

neversummer and santa cruz both have 3 year warranties i think. the neversummer legacy and the santa cruz perfect 11 are both twin tips that can be ridden everywhere. the legacy will be a little stiffer just cause thats how neversummers go. the 11 has a deeper sidecut on the heelside. they do that on their twins because human anatomy makes it harder to make good heelside turns. you wont here this barely ever, but honestly because both the boards are super sick and such good quality, if you want to, you can choose by graphic, your lucky, that is a rare opportunity. for the 11 I'd say get either the 154 or the 157 and for the legacy the 156. the longer ones will be better for all mountain

That thing I do to escape the world and have fun with my friend

Also, buy my things?
http://www.snowboardingforum.com/buy...ml#post1737634
Nivek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2008, 05:38 AM   #4 (permalink)
dtbikerider9

So now im looking for a new board. I have no preference on brand, but im 5'7, 150 pounds and Im intermediate/advanced rider. I can carve sharply and easily, along with doing some small jumps and boxes at my local ski hill.

My price limit is 350$ O and im a size 11 shoe. in all what bindings, boots and board do you think I should get?
Last edited by dtbikerider9 : Yesterday at 09:41 PM.
Old 02-15-2008, 03:36 PM   #5 (permalink)
wmutuner

thanks for the input.. i ended up picking up a ride dh for a good price
Old 02-15-2008, 04:33 PM   #6 (permalink)
Veteran Member

I don't want to burst your bubble, but with size 12 boots, you probably want a wide board with at least a 260mm waist. The DH only has 252 so you might experience some heel or toe drag.

It may not be bad based on your boot and stance. Hope the DH works out for you.
schmitty34 is offline   Reply With Quote