Suggest a womens board - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-22-2011, 11:14 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default Suggest a womens board

She lives in NY so need something for our icey groomers. She is fairly new but can carve. She needs something stable and will be easy to turn and carve. She is interested in the GNU B Pro C2BTX or something similar but less expensive. She is boot size 10 5'6 or 5'7 and is 170lbs. Also suggest a size board
Thanks
CrossStealth is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-23-2011, 04:34 AM   #2 (permalink)

I'm looking for a board for my friend too. She's about 5'10, 135 lbs. Pretty much a beginner still learning how to carve. I was thinking 149 or 150 might be a good size for her. Should she consider a rockered board or something with a regular camber? Maybe a Never Summer Pandora?

Last edited by clankfu; 01-23-2011 at 04:38 AM.
clankfu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2011, 07:55 AM   #3 (permalink)

I just got (well ordered) my wife the B-Pro...it was the one woman's board that came in a 155 and was wide enough for her big feet. I would think at 170 you would want to look at the 152 if not the 155.

How long do you have to make this purchase? If you can wait a couple weeks the end of season closeout sales will start and you can save some money. I was trying to wait but I couldn't find the 155 at any place other than REI and I didn't want them to sell out so I paid full price.
Grasschopper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2011, 08:56 AM   #4 (permalink)

I think she is mainly shopping around as of now doing research and gonna buy it when shes ready. When do you think prices will drop? As of now she rides a 154 so 152/155 sounds about right to me. Any other boards you guys would suggest for her? Doesnt have to be GNU it can be any brand/price/model. Really just shopping around as of now
Old 01-23-2011, 12:47 PM   #5 (permalink)

Bump this thread
Old 01-23-2011, 12:48 PM   #6 (permalink)
Veteran Member

Are these ladies actually carving or are they linking turns. Carving is a special kind of intermediate-advanced turn that a lot of people confuse with just linking turns.

The B-Pro is an excellent board, but I wouldn't consider it an easy-to-turn board. It's pretty stiff and Gnu's most aggressive female model.

For out east, I definitely recommend a board with magnetraction or vario grip (Never Summer's equivalent) for those ice and hardpack kind of days.

For Gnu, I would recommend the B-Nice. It's geared toward progressing riders, but it's not a totally soft board.

Roxy also makes some killer boards with tech similar to Gnu (magnetraction and C2BTX). Check out the Eminence (the 2010-2011 model) and the Ollie Pop.

I would also recommend the Never Summer Pandora or the Infinity. I love the Pandora because it's a softer freestyle board, but it has the vario grip and dampening, which makes it stable in choppy conditions. The Pandora is the softest of the boards mentioned here. The Infinity is another excellent board - it will go all over the mountain and last your ladies a long time.

Boards go on sale in late February and early March. If you need longer sizes (high 140's and up) you'll probably have a lot of good decks to choose from, but you should buy as soon as they go on sale or you'll miss out.

Other solid boards for beginners without magentraction: Capita Space Metal Fantasy, Rome Vinyl, K2 Luna or Lunatique, Ride Compact.
lilfoot1598 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2011, 09:27 PM   #7 (permalink)

By that definition, she's barely learning to link turns - not close to carving yet.
Old 01-23-2011, 09:33 PM   #8 (permalink)
Veteran Member

Roxy Ollie Pop or Gnu B-Nice.

My choice would be the 2011 Ollie Pop - the C2BTX will be less squirrely than the banana camber of the B-Nice.

Both are excellent boards, easy enough to learn on, and will progress with her.

Review of the Ollie Pop: Snowboard Review: 10-11 Roxy Ollie Pop C2 BTX – Shayboarder.com
Old 01-23-2011, 09:54 PM   #9 (permalink)

For the Ollie Pop, should she go for the 148 or 151 at 135 lbs?
Old 01-23-2011, 10:08 PM   #10 (permalink)
Veteran Member

Either size would work, but I'd put her on the 148. Especially since she's pretty new to the sport.