Another "help me pick a board" thread :) - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-04-2008, 03:13 PM   #1 (permalink)
robb95

Default Another "help me pick a board" thread :)

Hi guys,

I'm currently shopping for a new snowboard and am looking for some opionions. I'm strongly considering a 159 0r 161 Never Summer Premier with Targa bindings.

Currently ride a 160 Option Signiture. I'm 5'11'', 175 lbs and a fairly advanced riding (7 yrs exp.) I spend most of my time in the trees and backcountryish black runs and I loving hitting kickers that I find along the way. I never hit the park.

I'm heard that the NS Premier is a awesome board except for being rather heavy. My concern is that a heavier board will be a pain when it comes to making tight turns in the trees. I'm also looking for something with a bit more flex (the signiture has a flex rating of 7 compared to 6 for the Premier), would this change in flex rating actually be noticable. And lastly, what would be better a 159 or a 161 board or would it make pretty much no different.

Thanks for the help!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-04-2008, 03:41 PM   #2 (permalink)
Eric @ WA

The NS Premier is an excellent all mountain board. You will not have problems with the trees as well. Weight shouldn't have an effect on your turning radius of the board (your sidecut will dictate that). The complaints for weight deal with spinning the board and the feel on your leg when on the lift. Even NS claims in their description that the Premier allows you to duck in and out of trees.

You'll also notice many people love the ROME boards here. I would definitely look into the Anthem. It's a versatile board that decent stiffness yet is light. You can do anything with that board.

BTW I have, among other boards, a ROME Anthem, NS Premier, and NS SL. For versatility I think the Anthem edges out the Premier (especially since it's lighter). However I would be equally as happy if I only had the NS Premier in my arsenal. You'll never go wrong with a Never Summer board. However I would take a look at the Anthem from Rome as well.

Good luck.