2007 Burton Missions - Page 2 - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-06-2008, 10:17 AM   #11 (permalink)

I have the even lower model, Burton Customs. They are very comfortable(after the first few days) and have great adjustments. If they start breaking on me I'll sell them and buy a different brand with a toe cap.
Local Boarder is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-06-2008, 11:53 AM   #12 (permalink)

Consider the Rome Arsenals(??). They are highly recommended here, and shouldn't break the bank. In terms of use, I think it can be compared to the Missions.
romesaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2008, 07:19 PM   #13 (permalink)
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by romesaz View Post
Consider the Rome Arsenals(??). They are highly recommended here, and shouldn't break the bank. In terms of use, I think it can be compared to the Missions.
Question about Rome bindings....Can the toe strap be used like a cap strap? I have only seen the Rome bindings online, but it looks like the toe strap can be used either way. One of the main reasons I am looking at Burton bindings is because I really think I'll like the cap.

I have been considering the Arsenals and 390s as well, but the cap keeps making me come back to the missions or cartels.
schmitty34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2008, 07:22 PM   #14 (permalink)
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by squishydonut View Post
when did you get them from dicks'?
Receipt says $119.97 - 24 for a sale, and then anotehr 10 off for the coupon I had bringing it to 85.97. I puchased them on 1/28/08, my brother got Large and I got mediums...after we finished, there was one left that was still there a few days ago when I went back in there.
Minger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2008, 08:43 PM   #15 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by schmitty34 View Post
Question about Rome bindings....Can the toe strap be used like a cap strap? I have only seen the Rome bindings online, but it looks like the toe strap can be used either way. One of the main reasons I am looking at Burton bindings is because I really think I'll like the cap.

I have been considering the Arsenals and 390s as well, but the cap keeps making me come back to the missions or cartels.
A lot of people say yes.
To be honest, to me it looks just like a toe strap, rather than a cap, at least when I saw them in person. I'm not sure how well it works as a cap, but apparently you can convert it.
romesaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2008, 01:29 PM   #16 (permalink)
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by romesaz View Post
A lot of people say yes.
To be honest, to me it looks just like a toe strap, rather than a cap, at least when I saw them in person. I'm not sure how well it works as a cap, but apparently you can convert it.
Hmmm...anyone on here used them as a cap? If Rome bindings have a good cap strap I may lean that direction.
Old 02-11-2008, 12:07 AM   #17 (permalink)
dingozlife

I have both the 07 burton missions and rome targas. I really like the targas over the missions when i tried them both on with boots and board.

the targas highback seems better in build and quality. missions the highbacks are kinda flemsy.

Targas has padding on the bottom, giving a shock absorption/flush seal bet bindings and board. i didnt realize how much this would make a difference until i tried it but it made the response/control noticeably better. The snowboard is easier to bend and do pops.

Mission toe-cap looks nicer but targas has a conforming toe strap that is again more flush against the boots. wears just like a toe-cap but like an octopus sucking action.

but then again this is a comparison bet average product line from burton and the high end product line from rome.. havent tried p1 or cartels to say which brand is better. hope this unbiased report helps.
ps i dont work for any company im just a snowboard enthusiast
Old 02-11-2008, 12:28 PM   #18 (permalink)
Veteran Member

Are the 2007 Missions still pretty good for the $ though. I would hope the Targas are better because the cost more. I might get a real good deal on 2007 missions ($80 brand new) but want to make sure I am still getting a good product along with the good deal. I haven't found a deal on the Targas for better than $160 or the 390s for $115.

I'm rocking some really on Soloman bindings right now so I'm sure anything is a big upgrade.
Old 02-11-2008, 02:27 PM   #19 (permalink)
dingozlife

well for $80 its a good deal for product id say
Old 02-11-2008, 04:32 PM   #20 (permalink)

I have nothing against burton and hate it whenever people senselessly bash burton for no good reason... however my friend has brand new 08 missions and yesterday we were riding and his highback just loosened up out of the blue. Im sure this was just a loose screw issue or something but i must say that i think my lower-end ride bindings feel much sturdier. Im not sure if this problem was a fluke or something but i would look into it before you buy. Also, definetly look into ride bindings, because i love mine to death.
snowsam17 is offline   Reply With Quote