Bataleon? Never heard of them. - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-24-2011, 08:24 AM   #1 (permalink)

Default Bataleon? Never heard of them.

Hey guys I just noticed the Evil Twin and the Airobic boards by Bataleon. I've never heard anything about this company and was wondering your opinion on them. I want to learn more in the park, jumps and jibs, but also like to cruise it down the mountain every now and then. How do you think these boards would compare?

Thanks guys.
quadcrazy is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-24-2011, 08:38 AM   #2 (permalink)

Hey,

I'm from Europa and just as Never Summer is not so well known here, Bataleon might be not as known in the United States as it is here. Here it's a very well-known company which makes great boards. They are famous about their Triple-Base Technology, you can find a lot about that at their website. Many people think it works great...

The Airobic vs the Evil Twin:

Airobic is more flexible than the ET, but they're both really suitable for jibbing around. The ET is just a bit stiffer for more all-mountain riding, but both are real freestyleboards.

And the ET is a bit more expensive, so it has more technical features and a better base material etc...

I think for you the ET is the best choice because it's better to ride at the mountain too!

Ps. I just saw Bataleon is from Holland, so that might be the reason that I'm that well known with the company. But I can tell you many people have positive experience with the boards!

Last edited by LvdT; 01-24-2011 at 12:45 PM.
LvdT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2011, 09:05 AM   #3 (permalink)

I vouch for Bataleon, and i think Trip8Sol does as well I know TBT is not for everyone, but i love it. I personally own a Goliath and it rides very well.
yimingration is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2011, 10:15 AM   #4 (permalink)

Bataleon is actually Norwegian, the boards are made in Austria.

I also have the Bataleon Goliath '11 model and I love it.

If you have a friend's board you could borrow, or locate a shop where you could demo a board, go for it! But bear in mind, it is quite different than your normal board, so it will feel weird at first. Give it 3-4 runs and see if you like it.

There is a small writeup on the TBT technology here: The Angry Snowboarder Blog Archive Base Technologies Explained
Biornus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2011, 10:32 AM   #5 (permalink)
MSH

Bataleon rocks
MSH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2011, 10:36 AM   #6 (permalink)
Veteran Member

bataleons are cool sauce. airobic is a complete noodle though, not practical for many uses outside of the park imo.
Burton [ak] 2l Cyclic Jacket
Holden Northfield 3L pants
jmacphee9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2011, 10:42 AM   #7 (permalink)

I have the new ET and it's the most fun I've ever had on a board so far. I prefer it to my NS SL.
Boosted7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2011, 10:49 AM   #8 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boosted7 View Post
I have the new ET and it's the most fun I've ever had on a board so far. I prefer it to my NS SL.
Really? The NS SL is actually one of the boards I am looking at as well. How do you spend most of your time? Do you do any jumps and jibs? I'm really curious as to how well these boards hold up not only on jumps but jibs as well.
Old 01-24-2011, 10:54 AM   #9 (permalink)

I have the ET in a 154 and it's my freestyle-messing-around-the-mountain board. I usually take it out when I want to cruise around and do flatland tricks, etc. It's still got the stability to bomb down the mountain when need be. I don't really spend my time in the park, but it can handle jumps no problem.

The SL's a 158, so it's more of my all mountain board. It's more stable than the ET and has a lot more damping.

Honestly, either choice would be good. I prefer the TBT that's all.
Boosted7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2011, 12:31 PM   #10 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boosted7 View Post
I have the ET in a 154 and it's my freestyle-messing-around-the-mountain board. I usually take it out when I want to cruise around and do flatland tricks, etc. It's still got the stability to bomb down the mountain when need be. I don't really spend my time in the park, but it can handle jumps no problem.

The SL's a 158, so it's more of my all mountain board. It's more stable than the ET and has a lot more damping.

Honestly, either choice would be good. I prefer the TBT that's all.
Would you say the ET is more flexible than the SL?