Board/Boot/Binding Recommendation! PLZ! - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-04-2008, 08:28 PM   #1 (permalink)
dtbikerider9

Default Board/Boot/Binding Recommendation! PLZ!

K so I bought my first board, bindings and boats. It was a 2003 (I think 2002-2004) Burton Punch also with burton mission bindings and some other boots that I dont know the name of. I got that setup about 4 years ago when I was 10. That setup was more than enough for me starting snowboarding. As you can imagine I've grown since I was 10. Im now 5'7 and about 150 pounds, when before I was 5'0 and 110.

So now my burton is a little below my neck and Im pretty sure thats too short, my boats dont fit me anymore and my bindings dont fit the boots that I have to rent to fit my feet. So now im looking for a new board. I have no preference on brand, but im 5'7, 150 pounds and Im intermediate/advanced rider. I can carve sharply and easily, along with doing some small jumps and boxes at my local ski hill.

My price limit is 350$ O and im a size 11 shoe. in all (board,binding and boots) So what board do you think I should get? size? brand? anything is appreciated!

Last edited by dtbikerider9; 02-04-2008 at 08:41 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-05-2008, 10:53 AM   #2 (permalink)
SapphireForever

check out my setup in my signature and you should go for 158.

Board: 2007 Palmer Honeycircle II 161
Binding: 2007 Forum Platform V2 2
Boots: Burton - Shaun White
Outer wear: Spyder Alta
Stands +15/-9
Old 02-05-2008, 11:43 AM   #3 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SapphireForever View Post

I'd say midwide board, since your foot may still grow a bit, and the 158 would be a lil long for you, but gives you room to grow into. (weight determines length, not height)
I'm 180 and feel comfortable on a 159. Since you're already intermediate, the 158 won't be a problem for you freeriding. Will be long in the park though. But as I said, you're still growing, so in another 2 years it'll be fine.
romesaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2008, 02:36 PM   #4 (permalink)
dtbikerider9

Quote:
Originally Posted by romesaz View Post
I'd say midwide board, since your foot may still grow a bit, and the 158 would be a lil long for you, but gives you room to grow into. (weight determines length, not height)
I'm 180 and feel comfortable on a 159. Since you're already intermediate, the 158 won't be a problem for you freeriding. Will be long in the park though. But as I said, you're still growing, so in another 2 years it'll be fine.
so u think saphire's setup would work for me? also do you know of any retailers that carry the setup? and any links to them?

Last edited by dtbikerider9; 02-05-2008 at 02:48 PM.
Old 02-05-2008, 08:47 PM   #5 (permalink)
jibbah686

Quote:
Originally Posted by SapphireForever View Post

Board: 2007 Palmer Honeycircle II 161
Binding: 2007 Forum Platform V2 2
Boots: Burton - Shaun White
Outer wear: Spyder Alta
Stands +15/-9
well first of all were all gonna need to know what kinda riding your going to do mostly. park? id go with a 154 or a 152. freeriding and park id go with a 154 to a 157. bindings? id have to say ride, rome, or burton customs. you can get a really quality binding for cheap with ride remember that. for boots dc or 32's those are the cheapest that are comftorble and will hold up the longest. its gonna be hard to get a whole new setup with some good stuff for 350 but its possible. board brands: forum, ride, rome, lib-tech, technine, stepchild, some burtons, and gnu.
bindings: ride to be honest. thats where your going to save your money
boots: 32's or dc's

check dogfunk.com and actionvillage.com theyve got some of the best prices. but tell me what kinda riding your going to do most of and ill try to narrow it down to a board binding boot make and model ok?
Old 02-05-2008, 11:27 PM   #6 (permalink)
Veteran Member

if you are planning to get everything for $350 then ebay or craigs list will be where you'll have to shop. for a board, if you are still growing, then i'd say get around a 156 since it sounds like you ride everything. for a board, i'd recommend the k2 darkstar. if you want something cheaper then the salomon drift is a good bet. another notable is the burton se7en. for bindings, your best value might come with union. but if you're ok with burton, the cartels are the best bindings ive owned. for boots, try on everything, EVERYTHING. i tell people all the time buying their first gear that you do not want to skimp on boots, its really the only thing that if you buy the top of the line boots for your first pair, its not overkill. good places to start are 32, burton, and salomon.

That thing I do to escape the world and have fun with my friend
Nivek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2008, 05:31 AM   #7 (permalink)
dtbikerider9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nivek View Post
if you are planning to get everything for $350 then ebay or craigs list will be where you'll have to shop. for a board, if you are still growing, then i'd say get around a 156 since it sounds like you ride everything. for a board, i'd recommend the k2 darkstar. if you want something cheaper then the salomon drift is a good bet. another notable is the burton se7en. for bindings, your best value might come with union. but if you're ok with burton, the cartels are the best bindings ive owned. for boots, try on everything, EVERYTHING. i tell people all the time buying their first gear that you do not want to skimp on boots, its really the only thing that if you buy the top of the line boots for your first pair, its not overkill. good places to start are 32, burton, and salomon.
thanks for the info. and im going to a winter sport buisness thats going out of business and has everything snowboarding related 50% off and they have a lot in stock still so im going sometime in the next couple days.....

o and i cheked the website of the buisness and they have the K2 Darkstar for 280$. I also talked to my parents and they uped the budget to 400$ so do u think I can get decent bindings and boots with the remainder of the budger (120$).

Last edited by dtbikerider9; 02-06-2008 at 05:33 AM.
Old 02-06-2008, 05:40 AM   #8 (permalink)
dtbikerider9

Quote:
Originally Posted by jibbah686 View Post
well first of all were all gonna need to know what kinda riding your going to do mostly. park? id go with a 154 or a 152. freeriding and park id go with a 154 to a 157. bindings? id have to say ride, rome, or burton customs. you can get a really quality binding for cheap with ride remember that. for boots dc or 32's those are the cheapest that are comftorble and will hold up the longest. its gonna be hard to get a whole new setup with some good stuff for 350 but its possible. board brands: forum, ride, rome, lib-tech, technine, stepchild, some burtons, and gnu.
bindings: ride to be honest. thats where your going to save your money
boots: 32's or dc's

check dogfunk.com and actionvillage.com theyve got some of the best prices. but tell me what kinda riding your going to do most of and ill try to narrow it down to a board binding boot make and model ok?
im doing mostly park with some just riding down slopes.....