Suggestions for a New Park Board (Never Summer?) - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-25-2011, 12:07 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default Suggestions for a New Park Board (Never Summer?)

Hey everyone so i am trying to pick up a twin park board this season but i am a bit overwhelmed with how many new companies/boards there are now. The last board i purchased (which i bought without doing any sort of research) was a Burton Raven in 2005 and being that it is not really a park board i was pretty limited to jumps and some jibs. There was no pressing that thing but it had sick pop on jumps!

I am looking for a board to learn some bigger spins/jibs and basically have a great time with in the park. So far from searching around I have been hearing a ton of good stuff about those Never Summer boards??, specifically the Evo and i have also been looking at those good wood award boards like the K2 Parkstar and Forum Destroyer Chillydog but i have heard that those awards are sometimes a bit skewed and may not be the best way to shop for a board.

Anyways, im open to any suggestions/advice for a new park board of any brand and if anyone could give me some feedback on the Never Summer boards (ive never heard of them before)that would be awesome.

Thanks,
JP
JPDynamics is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-25-2011, 05:36 PM   #2 (permalink)

Lib Tech Skate Banana is a good board.
Old 01-25-2011, 06:00 PM   #3 (permalink)

I just got a Stairmaster and I love it. Before I got it I checked out the WWW, Parkstar, and the Artifact. They were all good.
NYHC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2011, 06:48 PM   #4 (permalink)
Veteran Member

Evo would be good, though I can get you something cheaper.

Signal Omni, Flow Era, Forum Destroyer Chili, Drift Rocker, Omatic Celebrity, Arbor Westmark.

That thing I do to escape the world and have fun with my friend

Also, buy my things?
http://www.snowboardingforum.com/buy...ml#post1737634
Nivek is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2011, 07:57 PM   #5 (permalink)

Nevr summer are solid, but very expensive! I'm also looking for a board like yours..

My top rated (no personal experience) are Bataleon Evil Twin, Never summer EVO and Omatic Extr or Celebrity.

Anyone here have opinions on Omatic boards? I'm really interested in how the BS Tech affects riding..

Another good choice for all round/park is the GNU Street series or Park Pickle. Basically you should decide if you want a camber, rocker, rocker/camber or another different tech like TBT, BS Tech or something.. I guess if you go for the rocker/camber profile, get a board with a good size for you, a flex that fits your style, see if you like any magnatracion or another kind of tech and you can't go wrong with most of the major brands boards..
pedrodla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2011, 08:30 PM   #6 (permalink)
Veteran Member

I've ridden the Extr-emo/Txtr and Celebrity with the BS tech. The boards are really smooth edge to edge with good edge hold. They ride well, they're springy, and of course with BS they slide well on jibs. The Txtr is a little bit more performance park oriented, it's stiffer with more pop. The Celebrity is a little softer and more torsionally forgiving making it a really good all park board for the average rider.

Also, buy my things?
Old 01-25-2011, 08:48 PM   #7 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nivek View Post
I've ridden the Extr-emo/Txtr and Celebrity with the BS tech. The boards are really smooth edge to edge with good edge hold. They ride well, they're springy, and of course with BS they slide well on jibs. The Txtr is a little bit more performance park oriented, it's stiffer with more pop. The Celebrity is a little softer and more torsionally forgiving making it a really good all park board for the average rider.
How is the the edge hold of the BS Tech boards? I mean, I'm concerned about it in icy condictions, as it has a rocker between feet while TBT got camber.

How different they ride compared to the other rocker/camber profiles? As they are rocker/camber, have a BS base and no extra gripping technolgy I'm afraid they might be much harder to control..

BS Tech looks awesome, might be even better than TBT in my opinion, the price of the Omatic boards are also attractive. But I'm afraid they are too much loose (specially in icy) and not too good for landing spins.. What do you think?

Another doubt I have is about the Extr setback, does it make much difference for switch riding?

cheers!
Old 01-25-2011, 09:27 PM   #8 (permalink)
Veteran Member

As far as I know BS is zero cam with a dished base. It held an edge like any other zero cam board. The only thing I immediately felt with the BS was that it was smoother transitioning edge to edge. It didn't feel any looser bombing it or jumping it. You'll only feel it when you almost catch an edge, but don't. Switch felt fine on the Txtr. To be honest I didn't even know it was setback, so its really not an issue.

Also, buy my things?
Old 01-25-2011, 09:31 PM   #9 (permalink)

Hey thanks everyone for the info and board recommendations, i am gonna check out them all out online. Too bad over where i live on the East coast there arent many demo days at the local mountain.
JPDynamics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2011, 01:53 AM   #10 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nivek View Post
As far as I know BS is zero cam with a dished base. It held an edge like any other zero cam board. The only thing I immediately felt with the BS was that it was smoother transitioning edge to edge. It didn't feel any looser bombing it or jumping it. You'll only feel it when you almost catch an edge, but don't. Switch felt fine on the Txtr. To be honest I didn't even know it was setback, so its really not an issue.
Thought they were rockered.. Anyway, what do you think it's better for landing spins and jibbing around? TBT os BS ? Also, which one is more stable for multi conditions? like the best grip on icy, most dampening for choppy etc.. Any opinion?