Rome Binding Size - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-04-2008, 10:25 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default Rome Binding Size

I have size 9 feet and according to Rome I can fit a sm/med or a lg/Xlg. Which is better for a size 9 boot? I'm looking at getting the 390 or the Targa Binding.
Grimdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-04-2008, 10:31 PM   #2 (permalink)
PapaWood

I would go bigger.
Old 02-04-2008, 10:36 PM   #3 (permalink)
carne_asada

How old are you b/c if you are still growing, I'd go for the L/XL! My old bindings were M/L when I bought them in high school since my boot size was a 10. My latest bindings are 390's- L/XL which fit my sz 12 boot.
Old 02-04-2008, 11:01 PM   #4 (permalink)
PapaWood

I always go to the bigger size if my size is right at the end for this reason... In my experience, if your size is on the edge of being barely small enough for the binding, you run a big chance of the binding not fitting if you ever switch boots, or if you are wearing a brand of boot that is not the same brand as the binding. My second reason is that in my experience, it is an absolute pain in the ass to get the binding to fit if your foot size is right on the edge of being to small. You have to widen out all of the straps and get it configured just right for what may still be to tight of a fit. The bigger binding is going to give you room to grow (if applicable), versatility when it comes to boots, and a probably a better out of box fit to your foot size.
Old 02-04-2008, 11:59 PM   #5 (permalink)

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by carne_asada View Post
How old are you b/c if you are still growing, I'd go for the L/XL! My old bindings were M/L when I bought them in high school since my boot size was a 10. My latest bindings are 390's- L/XL which fit my sz 12 boot.
Lets just say that I started snowboarding in 1988 so my problem will not be growing but shrinking.
Old 02-05-2008, 12:27 AM   #6 (permalink)

I would actually take your boot and try both. I was in a similar situation and went with the large and experienced quite a bit of pain and pressure points due to having to over tighten the straps to keep the boot solid. it was a great heel and toe fit, but the binding was wider and that caused the issue. After all was said and done, I found shopped around and found a medium that fits my boots and what a huge difference it made...
BRsnow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2008, 06:39 AM   #7 (permalink)

Make and model of the boot? If it's something like 32, go larger, if it's something like Salomon, you should be fine in the M/L
boarderaholic is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2008, 09:30 AM   #8 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by boarderaholic View Post
Make and model of the boot? If it's something like 32, go larger, if it's something like Salomon, you should be fine in the M/L
My boots are Salomon Synaspe Regular width, Not the wide.
Old 02-05-2008, 12:42 PM   #9 (permalink)
shoang

this is was the perfect thread i needed to see. i just bought some rome targas size L/XL which is 9+ and I wear a size 9. hopefully i can adjust it to the smallest setting so it won't hurt. Does anyone know what boots are consider bigger than their projected size? I have Solomon boots and am planning to to get new ones some time next season
Old 02-05-2008, 01:31 PM   #10 (permalink)
Eric @ WA

Quote:
Originally Posted by shoang View Post
this is was the perfect thread i needed to see. i just bought some rome targas size L/XL which is 9+ and I wear a size 9. hopefully i can adjust it to the smallest setting so it won't hurt. Does anyone know what boots are consider bigger than their projected size? I have Solomon boots and am planning to to get new ones some time next season
I run Targas in the L/XL size and wear size 9 DC boots. You can adjust the size of the bindings to accommodate from 9 and up. Keep in mind that not all boots are the same size. You can be a size 9 in one boot and a 9.5 in another. I would err in the side of getting a larger binding rather than a smaller one (if you're in the cusp). Again speaking from 1st hand experience my DC size 9's have no problems with my L/XL targa bindings. The targa bindings have so much adjustability that you shouldn't run into any problems. Now if someone was regularly an 8.5 then I wouldn't go with the larger binding.