help with choosing ladies board - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-25-2011, 02:40 PM   #1 (permalink)

Thumbs down help with choosing ladies board

Hi everyone. I'm new to the site and have been researching which board would be best for me. I'm basically a beginner that can get down the mountain but is having trouble linking my turns. I'm 5'4" and weigh 140lbs. I'm currently riding a palmer 152 that's about 7 yrs old that an ex bf bought me. I can't even tell u what the name of the board is. Im just having a hard time learning on it and its been suggested to me that I need an easier ride to learn on. I live in az and probably only get in an avg of 3-4 days of boarding in a season and primarily head up to Colorado. I've been looking around at all the different types of boards out there and have narrowed it down to a few I like. I will most likely never be hitting the park and would just enjoy cruising down groomed runs. Speed is not necessarily what I'm looking for, would rather have better control I guess. Since I only go a few times a year I want a board I can enjoy now. But on the other hand something I can grow into would be nice too. I'm back and forth over rocker/camber/hybrids as to what would be best for me. Im pretty sure I do not want a straight up rocker board from what I've read about stability. Here's a few of the boards I was looking. Any input would be greatly appreciated.

arbor Eden
k2 fling
ride Omg
Rome jett
Rome vinyl
foxy Ollie pop

I understand some of these boards may be too advanced for me. Any other suggestions wouldbe great as well. Thank you!
azride74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-25-2011, 02:53 PM   #2 (permalink)

http://www.snowboardingforum.com/boa...ens-board.html
clankfu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2011, 02:56 PM   #3 (permalink)

I haven't personally tried any of those boards but when I was reaserching for myself I found that out of that list the Roxy Ollie Pop had the best reviews and the most reccomendations.

I ended up buying an Endeavor Diamond which is a fantastic All-Mountain board however it's canadian made and might be difficult to find in the states.

Other boards you should look at that always seem to come up on this forum for what you're looking for are the Never Summer Infinity and Never Summer Pandora.

I;m sure you'll get more info from more experienced people on the forum soon.
DoubleT77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2011, 07:26 PM   #4 (permalink)
Veteran Member

Arbor Eden: A good board for stability. It is a straight camber board, with a lot of pop for jumps. It'll be a stable all-mountain ride. It's also a beautiful deck. This was my first board, but I actually had a pretty hard time learning on it, probably because I have small feet.

k2 fling - I've heard great things about the Fling. A fun board, lots of pop, pretty easy to turn.

Ride OMG - This is a new deck from Ride and there has been a lot of excitement over it. Again, an all-mountain board with a lot of pop and stability.

Rome Jett - this is a true beginner's board that you'll probably grow out of pretty quickly. I think there are better options for you.

Rome vinyl - A very popular board for progressing riders. I should be easy to ride, but it should also grow with you.

Roxy Ollie pop - Also a great deck. Very forgiving board, but still a ton of fun on the mountain. I believe it now has C2BTX, which makes it more stable than straight banana camber. It also has magnetraction, which is great for edge control on ice and hard pack.

Others to consider: Gnu B-Nice, Never Summer Pandora, Arbor K2 Luna or Lunatique, Arbor Cadence

It depends on how soft you think you need to go...If you've been trying to link turns for a while, you'll want to go softer. Otherwise, some of the more all-mountain boards would last you longer.
lilfoot1598 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2011, 09:37 PM   #5 (permalink)

Thanks everyone for your quick replies! Lilfoot I've read a lot of your previous post and seem to know what tout talking about. I looked over the boards again I'm leaning towards the arbor or Omg. It's so hard to find reviews about the Omg. Is there a reason for that? Doesn't seem like ride ladies boards are discussed very much on here. When I go into shops that's all they like to push. I realize everyone works for someone so I take their suggestions lightly. Would anyone suggest the arbor Eden or ride Omg over the other for a beginner like me? Thanks again.
Old 01-25-2011, 09:47 PM   #6 (permalink)
Veteran Member

I do my best to provide good information, since there aren't a lot of ladies represented on this forum.

Both boards are middle of the road in terms of stiffness, so as long as you have your turns down and aren't too timid, you'd be just fine on either. Do you want camber or rocker? That'll probably be the deciding factor. In the end, you'd need to demo to know for sure which board suits you best.

Here is an excellent review of the Eden: Snowboard Review: 10-11 Arbor Eden – Shayboarder.com

And a good comparison of the NS Infinity and the Ride OMG:

Today I took a few runs on both a 2011 Never Summer Infinity 145 and a 2011 Ride OMG 144. Hereís the low-down:

2011 NS Infinity 145
Nothing much has changed on this board since the 2010-2011 model. Pretty nice pop, but not as poppy as the Ride OMG was later on. A little slow edge-to-edge. Good at holding an edge. Can handle switch pretty well, but felt slight grabby. Iím a big fan of the rocker-camber: stability with butterability.

2011 Ride OMG 144 - NEW!
Extremely poppy, even ďOMGĒ-worthy. A little stiff for buttering - the Infinity won here. Consider this a great board for jumps and all-mountain freestyle. Itís essentially the Ride Feverís replacement. Held an edge pretty well, too. Felt better riding switch than the NS Infinity. This board has ProRize rocker, meaning that itís flat between the feet for stability and slight rocker at the tip and tail so the contact points are raised out of the snow. You can definitely feel the stability as youíre riding - none of that loose-feeling that rocker boards can produce.
lilfoot1598 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2011, 10:23 PM   #7 (permalink)

Thank you so much for the great input! I think I just fell in love with the arbor board