NS EVO vs Bataleon ET - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-26-2011, 08:15 AM   #1 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 49
Default NS EVO vs Bataleon ET

Hey guys I'm wondering how these boards handle on ice with their specific technologies. I live on the east coast so I will be riding on ice a lot. But I will also be taking vacations to the west coast so I'm also wondering how they handle on powder

Thx guys.
quadcrazy is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 01-26-2011, 08:29 AM   #2 (permalink)
Member
 
Digger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Madison, Wisconsin
Posts: 98
Default

I'm from the Midwest and I have an Evo. Love it great board! I also went out west in December and had one 8-10 powder day and it did great! I'm about 190# and have a 158cm so it was a little bit of work but not to bad. I don't no anything about the evil twin but I can guarantee u would happy withthe Evo!
Digger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2011, 10:31 AM   #3 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 49
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Digger View Post
I'm from the Midwest and I have an Evo. Love it great board! I also went out west in December and had one 8-10 powder day and it did great! I'm about 190# and have a 158cm so it was a little bit of work but not to bad. I don't no anything about the evil twin but I can guarantee u would happy withthe Evo!
sweet appreciate it man
quadcrazy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2011, 01:02 PM   #4 (permalink)
Veteran Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: CNY
Posts: 685
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by quadcrazy View Post
Hey guys I'm wondering how these boards handle on ice with their specific technologies. I live on the east coast so I will be riding on ice a lot. But I will also be taking vacations to the west coast so I'm also wondering how they handle on powder

Thx guys.
I have owned both boards. I'm currently riding the Bataleon ET. If we're talking ice, the ET has a slight advantage over the NS as the rocker in the center is going to make it feel more skatey on the ice but vario power grip should make up for that. That's just a matter of preference though. Honestly both boards are pretty slick. I couldn't give you an honest recommendation either way. They're very evenly matched IMO. I'm riding my ET and I love it. The EVO felt stiffer to me however. Pick the board you think you'd be more stoked on, and I bet that's what the outcome will be.

Jumps: Same (Both catch free)
Stability: ET (Slight adv.)
Buttering: EVO (It's got rocker, duh)
Jibbing: Same (Neither are noodley)
Carving: ET (It's basically traditional camber)
Switch: Same (twin ftw!)
Pow: EVO (Once again, rocker!)

That's my take.
phile00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2011, 01:49 PM   #5 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 49
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by phile00 View Post
That's my take.
Thanks man that is very helpful.

So I'm assuming you like the TBT on the ET board?

And how is the buttering on the ET? I know you said the EVO is better but the ET can't be bad right?
quadcrazy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2011, 02:41 PM   #6 (permalink)
Veteran Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: CNY
Posts: 685
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by quadcrazy View Post
Thanks man that is very helpful.

So I'm assuming you like the TBT on the ET board?

And how is the buttering on the ET? I know you said the EVO is better but the ET can't be bad right?
I love TBT. It's camber with less catch, which means it's pretty versatile, carves well, and is poppy. I have a 147 and I'm smack dab in the center of the board. I wouldn't say the ET is ideal for bombing, but I've gone pretty damn fast and kept up on harder blue squares and diamonds. Being so small and centered, it really surprised me, but definitely not ideal and definitely don't use an ET on diamonds if you're a beginner. For more all mountain, the Goliath is definitely where it's at though. I use the Goliath for diamonds and double diamonds even though it's a mid stiff board. The Jam would probably be better for that, but I don't own a jam

Buttering is pretty good. Better than a typical regular cambered board undoubtedly because of the TBT lift.

I love Bataleon. But as I said before, you're not going to go wrong on a NS board. Hands down it's the best Rocker with camber under foot board brand imo because it's got the playful rocker and has the vario power grip to give you that bite when your'e carving. Not many other brands aside from Lib can match that bite. I can't comment on flat or camber with rocker at tips though. Haven't ridden any of those boards.
phile00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2011, 03:16 PM   #7 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 49
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by phile00 View Post
I wouldn't say the ET is ideal for bombing, but I've gone pretty damn fast and kept up on harder blue squares and diamonds.
I mainly will be riding the east coast so the blacks aren't that bad. I mean I want to learn park more but I still love to go fast, as long as the board I get can handle it every now and then its fine. Nothing too crazy though.

So I'm a newbie but what exactly does "bombing" mean. I'm assuming just flying down the mountain? And when your trying to just stop and you turn the board sideways does the TBT make you loose friction that you'd normally get on another board? Not sure the best way to explain that, but do you loose control a bit with the TBT?
quadcrazy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2011, 03:57 PM   #8 (permalink)
Veteran Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: CNY
Posts: 685
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by quadcrazy View Post
I mainly will be riding the east coast so the blacks aren't that bad. I mean I want to learn park more but I still love to go fast, as long as the board I get can handle it every now and then its fine. Nothing too crazy though.

So I'm a newbie but what exactly does "bombing" mean. I'm assuming just flying down the mountain? And when your trying to just stop and you turn the board sideways does the TBT make you loose friction that you'd normally get on another board? Not sure the best way to explain that, but do you loose control a bit with the TBT?
Nope, you lose zero control with tbt. Bombing is just flying down, sometimes in more technical terrain. If you want to learn park more but aren't going to stay in the park, don't get an ET or EVO. I have more than one snowboard. The ET is my park board. Goliath is my all mountain board.
phile00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2011, 04:08 PM   #9 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 49
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by phile00 View Post
Nope, you lose zero control with tbt. Bombing is just flying down, sometimes in more technical terrain. If you want to learn park more but aren't going to stay in the park, don't get an ET or EVO. I have more than one snowboard. The ET is my park board. Goliath is my all mountain board.
Are there any boards you'd recommend for doing jumps, jibs, and cruising down the mountain? Maybe the goliath? NS SL? I just don't have the money for more than one, nor do I get the chance to snowboard enough to own more than one.

And thanks for your help, it is very appreciated.
quadcrazy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2011, 04:55 PM   #10 (permalink)
Veteran Member
 
Triple8Sol's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Seattle
Posts: 4,056
Blog Entries: 2
Default

They're pretty evenly matched boards in most respects. My story is: I've owned 1 Evo and half a dozen ET's so...
__________________
15 NS Ripsaw . 14 NS Proto HD . 14 NS Cobra . 13 Gnu Space Case EC2 . 2013 Salomon Pow Snake
14 Now Drive . 13 Now IPO
14 Flow Hylite
Triple8Sol is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:03 AM.



Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0 PL2
VerticalSports
Baseball Forum Golf Forum Boxing Forum Snowmobile Forum
Basketball Forum Soccer Forum MMA Forum PWC Forum
Football Forum Cricket Forum Wrestling Forum ATV Forum
Hockey Forum Volleyball Forum Paintball Forum Snowboarding Forum
Tennis Forum Rugby Forums Lacrosse Forum Skiing Forums