Beginner question - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-26-2011, 12:06 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default Beginner question

Hi

I just got in the sport two months ago and i'm loving it. I think my skill level right now is somewhere in the intermediate area for I just did my first black runs yesterday in the mountains. I enjoy riding fast carving with little jumps and doing switch riding. The board the I learned on from the first day until now is the 2009 K2 Anagram.

Im not sure if my technique is wrong because when I try to do fast carving on my toe side, it seems so much harder to hold an edge and I seem to lose control. My friend told me maybe my boots or bindings may be too soft. How can I tell that my boots or bindings are of the soft type? Also, how can I tell if a snowboard has an extruded or sintered just by looking or feeling it? I have a snowboard that I got used and I am wondering if I should wax it. I read that extruded boards are not worth waxing so I do not want to waste money.

Thanks.
carlo2k is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-26-2011, 12:59 PM   #2 (permalink)

I'm a beginner also but you can google your board and get the base information you are looking for.

2000 Extruded Base is what came up when I checked google.

They have some stickied threads at the top that talk about board maintenance. Those might have some info you are looking for as well.
Newlaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2011, 03:21 PM   #3 (permalink)
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by carlo2k View Post
Hi

I just got in the sport two months ago and i'm loving it. I think my skill level right now is somewhere in the intermediate area for I just did my first black runs yesterday in the mountains. I enjoy riding fast carving with little jumps and doing switch riding. The board the I learned on from the first day until now is the 2009 K2 Anagram.

Im not sure if my technique is wrong because when I try to do fast carving on my toe side, it seems so much harder to hold an edge and I seem to lose control. My friend told me maybe my boots or bindings may be too soft. How can I tell that my boots or bindings are of the soft type? Also, how can I tell if a snowboard has an extruded or sintered just by looking or feeling it? I have a snowboard that I got used and I am wondering if I should wax it. I read that extruded boards are not worth waxing so I do not want to waste money.

Thanks.
More then likely it is probably how you are aligned and the movements you are making that are causing the instability on your toeside. Remember that lessons aren't just for beginners.

AS far as the gear questions. Boots that you can easily fold over where the toes and cuff can touch are probably too soft. There should be some resistance when trying to "fold" the boot. Most likely your bindings aren't the problem. Without know the type of binding you have it is hard to say if the binding is to flexy. Just like the previous poster stated, look it up.

It is always worth it to wax your board. It should be done depending on how much you ride about every 5-10 times out or when snow temps greatly differ and you want the added performance of matching your wax up against the snow.
gjsnowboarder is offline   Reply With Quote