Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums

Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums (http://www.snowboardingforum.com/forum.php)
-   Boards (http://www.snowboardingforum.com/boards/)
-   -   is my board too long (http://www.snowboardingforum.com/boards/36534-my-board-too-long.html)

iloveboardign 01-26-2011 03:28 PM

is my board too long

i started snowboarding in 2009. and when i rented i usually got around a 140cm. when i bought a snowboard this year the guy said i should have a 148cm. ive now used my 148 twice and am falling way more than i used too.

im 5' 135lbs. size 7 or 8 boot. and i dont go in the terrain park.

is 148cm too long for my height/weight?

ps i bought a GNU B-Nice series board.

iloveboardign 01-26-2011 04:10 PM

btw im a girl.

jgsqueak 01-26-2011 04:43 PM

You are in the right size range for your weight but probably towards the lower half of the range. That would make the board feel slightly stiffer for you (as apposed to softer if you were at the top of the weight range). Plus I am sure whatever you rented in the past was not a BTX board so you may have a slight learning curve with getting used to rocker.

Are you falling because it is sliding out on a turn? Or are you falling entering a turn? Or turning at slow speeds?

unsunken 01-26-2011 04:53 PM

Nah, if anything I might say it's a tad short. You probably just have to get used to it. 148cm is significantly longer than 140cm and like jgsqueak said, it's probably different from what you've ridden in the past. Back when I was 120lbs I was happily riding my 150cm board. I'm sure you'll be fine on it once you get used to it; length isn't the issue.

iloveboardign 01-26-2011 05:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jgsqueak (Post 365380)
You are in the right size range for your weight but probably towards the lower half of the range. That would make the board feel slightly stiffer for you (as apposed to softer if you were at the top of the weight range). Plus I am sure whatever you rented in the past was not a BTX board so you may have a slight learning curve with getting used to rocker.

Are you falling because it is sliding out on a turn? Or are you falling entering a turn? Or turning at slow speeds?

im falling as i go to my toe side. and cause my board catches on snow...

Hodgepodge 01-26-2011 06:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by iloveboardign (Post 365420)
im falling as i go to my toe side. and cause my board catches on snow...

that's the magnetraction initiating the turn faster than you are used to. you'll get accustomed to it it just takes a little while

lilfoot1598 01-26-2011 06:57 PM

That is fine for your size and the B-Nice is a fairly forgiving board. If you're having a hard time, consider getting a lesson - a trained eye could really help you clean up your turns.

iloveboardign 01-27-2011 05:31 PM

Thanks for all your help. I'm gonna take it out again on Friday and see how it goes :)