Toe Lifts... Where Can I BUY Them??? - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-05-2008, 12:09 PM   #1 (permalink)
lv2drft

Question Toe Lifts... Where Can I BUY Them???

I've looked all over the web, google, ebay, etc, even snowboard equipment websites... I can't find toe lifts / risers anywhere. Now I'm not looking for cants or plates that go UNDER your bindings. I'm just talking about the basic ones that you literally peel off some paper to expose the adhesive backside and stick them on the surface of your binding or board to go under your boot and lift it up. They are made of usually some kind of dense foam and they're not complicated, very basic regular old foam wedge. I've seen them on a few snowboarders when I'm riding but don't ever get the chance to ask them where the heck they bought them. Typically halfpipe / terrain park kids that are more experienced riders will have them.

I need them because I have big old boots (14) that even hang over an X-wide snowboard! ... yes, I promise I've tried everything else under the sun, binding angles, toe-heel position, etc, but have determined that I need these toe lifts.

Can anybody help me out??
I would appreciate web link/ name of store that sells them
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-05-2008, 12:20 PM   #2 (permalink)
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

I know u mentioned that you've tried everything; have you tried binding spacer plates?

They're basically just a set of plates that gu under your bindings to lift them off the board by about 10mm... they also come with longer mounting screws. Burton and Dakine I believe makes them, not sure of any other companies.

Kris
Toronto Prelude Club
kri$han is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2008, 08:05 PM   #3 (permalink)
lv2drft

Well I forgot to mention that I'm trying to save money. I have a VERY limited budget...

By the way, I'm just imagining a plate that goes under your bindings and lifts the whole thing up.. wouldnt that make them unstable? I'm a heavy rider (exceed the weight limit of my board by 60 lbs) and have already broken my old 1/2 plastic lamar bindings. I am using 100% aluminum baseplate and cup Morrow Challengers right now, I got them specifically so they would stay in place and wont break under heavy stress.. and I'm concerned that my setup may start to come loose if I put plates under my bindings.

Unless anyone knows if they make lifter plates that are all aluminum?

Or still an answer to the original question would help me out.. I have everything set up so heel drag is minimal and toe drag can be fixed by simply elevating my boot toe by 1-2 inches with a foam wedge or what I was talking about earlier.
Old 02-05-2008, 11:13 PM   #4 (permalink)
Veteran Member

make um. i'm also a longboarder so if i ever need something like this and can't find it. i'll just make it, something we longboarders do all the time. after market home additions are so commonplace in longboarding. gorilla glue is you best friend right now.

That thing I do to escape the world and have fun with my friend

Also, buy my things?
http://www.snowboardingforum.com/buy...ml#post1737634
Nivek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2008, 12:16 PM   #5 (permalink)
snowblind

Quote:
Originally Posted by kri$han View Post
I know u mentioned that you've tried everything; have you tried binding spacer plates?

They're basically just a set of plates that gu under your bindings to lift them off the board by about 10mm... they also come with longer mounting screws. Burton and Dakine I believe makes them, not sure of any other companies.
thats a riser and he already said he's not asking for those
Old 02-08-2008, 12:27 PM   #6 (permalink)

Are your bindings centered width-wise on the board?
If you're saying you don't get heel drag, but need to raise your toes by 1-2 inches, that, to me, seems like your toes are hanging WAY over, thus saying the bindings seem to be biased towards one side of the board (not centered).

What board do you ride? and whats the width of it at the waist? What angles do you ride at?

Risers that Krishan mentioned, generally won't lift your binding more than 10mm, but thats enough to make a difference usually.
romesaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2008, 08:02 AM   #7 (permalink)
lv2drft

Quote:
Originally Posted by romesaz View Post
Are your bindings centered width-wise on the board?
If you're saying you don't get heel drag, but need to raise your toes by 1-2 inches, that, to me, seems like your toes are hanging WAY over, thus saying the bindings seem to be biased towards one side of the board (not centered).

What board do you ride? and whats the width of it at the waist? What angles do you ride at?

Risers that Krishan mentioned, generally won't lift your binding more than 10mm, but thats enough to make a difference usually.
I have my angles at 15 degrees out front foot and 8 degrees out back foot. I've already tried more extreme angles to make my feet fit better but I am not comfortable riding like that. Also about the heel toe centering. I have tried to even that out and when I have even heel and toe hangover I noticed my heels catch drag a LOT quicker than toes, and I have much nastier falls easier this way. That is why I set it up to where my heels hang over just a little bit to minimize the falls and the toes do most of the hanging over. I have a M3 convoy 163 Wide. As far as what I've seen, its as wide as any other xwide board comes.

Quote:
gorilla glue is you best friend right now.
Thats not a bad idea right there. I wonder where I could buy a hard rubber / foam wedge that will withstand heavy forces
Old 02-12-2008, 12:22 PM   #8 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by lv2drft View Post
I have my angles at 15 degrees out front foot and 8 degrees out back foot. I've already tried more extreme angles to make my feet fit better but I am not comfortable riding like that. Also about the heel toe centering. I have tried to even that out and when I have even heel and toe hangover I noticed my heels catch drag a LOT quicker than toes, and I have much nastier falls easier this way. That is why I set it up to where my heels hang over just a little bit to minimize the falls and the toes do most of the hanging over. I have a M3 convoy 163 Wide. As far as what I've seen, its as wide as any other xwide board comes.

Thats not a bad idea right there. I wonder where I could buy a hard rubber / foam wedge that will withstand heavy forces
Have you tried centering with risers? The problem with having more toe or heel bias, is different control and tension of/on the board. It's usually recommended to have the bindings centered.
I retract my statement about risers being usually only 10mm, as I've seen 12mm recently.
Palmer makes risers, as does Burton. That'd be my recommendation. Neither is particularly expensive I would assume.
romesaz is offline   Reply With Quote