Best board company - Page 10 - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-10-2011, 05:01 PM   #91 (permalink)
Leo
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeR View Post
Huh? No Pontiacs have been made since 2009. All Pontiac dealer franchises were terminated as of Oct. 2010. You can still get service from GM, but it's a dead brand. Mercury production also has completely ceased. When the existing inventory goes, the dealerships will close unless they also handle Lincoln or another brand. I will show you the sad letter Ford sent me if I can find it.
Ah, I see. They just very recently phased out though. Your post putting them next to the Eagle brand made it seem like they have been gone for a while like Eagle. My mistake.
Advertisement

Old 02-10-2011, 05:15 PM   #92 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo View Post
Ah, I see. They just very recently phased out though. Your post putting them next to the Eagle brand made it seem like they have been gone for a while like Eagle. My mistake.
I may be an auto Jonah, but even I can't drive three brands out of business simultaneously. First I have to own one -- then they go down the tubes.
JoeR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2011, 07:02 PM   #93 (permalink)

LAMAR all day bitches!
ClevelandSB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2011, 08:18 PM   #94 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phenom View Post
How many e-mails do you think Burton gets per day? How many e-mails do you think Smokin gets per day?

If you created the most popular and successful company (in ANY industry), would you be working a customer service position?

Thank you for making my point for me.

You can shop at Wal-Mart, I'm taking my business to Joe Main St.
sepdxsnwbrdr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2011, 08:36 PM   #95 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by sepdxsnwbrdr View Post
Thank you for making my point for me.

You can shop at Wal-Mart, I'm taking my business to Joe Main St.
Don't kid yourself, Joe Main St would be Joe Tycoon if he could figure out how.
"its ppl like you, that I would "impact damage" your face if i ever saw you
keep your mouth shut. one more time, please and thank you." -user: chingy_
Phenom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2011, 12:33 AM   #96 (permalink)
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by charlie_hustle7 View Post
Im going to throw in my two cents as everyone else.

Arbor i believe will have to get the title as the most environmentally friendly/geared company.

Burton should get respect from everyone that snowboards for their innovations and contributions to snowboarding. If it wasn't for them there surely would not be half of these companies out there making money because people would not be aware, care, or be involved in snowboarding because they created and still to this day help sustain snowboarding as a whole with their advertising and marketing.

Quality-How many of you own Chrysler's? Why would i ask? Because they are perfect example of USA made product that has terrible build quality, resale, and etc... However, i do believe as a American we need to support all the USA companies to sustain our nations economy, god knows we need it! The cheap boards that Burton, LTD, and etc.. make need to be made by somebody for the individuals that are "fair weather" fans of winter sports. Not everybody needs or wants the best of the best. So there is no reason to blast them because someone got to do it.

Jones snowboard company-How in the hell can you name a first year company one of the top 5 companies in specifically durability? Performance maybe... I understand they are using existing tech from other companies, but really the durability thing kills me. No way could you put them in the top ten since there R&D time in years could be counted on one hand, realistically more like months! That had to be a paid endorsement! Nobody knows how those boards will fare after years or seasons of use and abuse.

BTW- I ride Arbor currently, i love its graphics, durability, reputation, resale value, and of course its performance!
As far as I can see Arbor just uses bamboo, just go look at what Lib is doing for eco crap.environMENTAL Lib Tech Snowboards
Even their outerwear is made with recycled products, something no other snowboard company is doing as far as I know.

And I sort of agree with the car analogy. Here's my take. When autos were first being mass produced at the turn of the century the USA was miles ahead of the pack, as time went on companies like Ford had a solid rep and seemed to put profits ahead of quality and they ended up with crappy products nobody really wants. It's kind of comparable to snowboarding, it is a sport that is maybe just coming out of it's infancy, and it was the American companies that did most of the early innovating. Burton is kind of like Ford in that respect, they helped bring snowboarding to the masses and got to a point where quality started to suffer and smaller companies who were more focused on making a better board started sprouting up, and surpassing them is terms of innovations and quality.
Alright enough stoner theory.

I ride a Lib for all the same reasons you mentioned, performance, durability, graphics, reputation, resale, also because I feel like they are always innovating, and another one you never mentioned; warranty. Mervin's warranty is legendary, did you know Gnu almost went bust because in the early 90's (I believe) they had a major problem with the edges ripping out of their boards. They stayed true to their word and warrantied every single board that came in almost making them bankrupt.
I had an experience where my roof racks failed and my wife's and my boards went flying on the highway. My Lib and her Gnu both survived the ordeal unscathed but my Bent Metal binding's heelcups got bent to shit; they warrantied those even tho it was not a manufactures defect. Stuff like that just goes a long way with me.

Like someone mentioned, I am repping what I like and what I know. I know Libtech will never let me down, I have had super good luck with them in the past and I just can't say enough good stuff about them.
freshy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2011, 12:54 AM   #97 (permalink)
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by freshy View Post
Even their outerwear is made with recycled products, something no other snowboard company is doing as far as I know.
Bond Outerwear is 100% carbon neutral and uses all the recycled materials possible. And Holden has been using Hemp for years.

That thing I do to escape the world and have fun with my friend
Nivek is offline   Reply With Quote