Best board company - Page 2 - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-28-2011, 05:53 PM   #11 (permalink)

I've never ridden a Burton board myself but I do have a lot of friends that ride Burton. A buddy of mine actually split his Burton V-rocker the other week by simply falling, a skier cut him off, so he called Burton on the moutain and they gave him a RA# and he sent it back the following day. I think regardless of the brand or board its all about customer service. Different strokes for different folks
Advertisement

Old 01-28-2011, 05:58 PM   #12 (permalink)
Veteran Member

burton boards are pretty good but extremely overrated and overpriced. not nearly the best boards out there.

for my money I'd say Lib Tech, Never Summer, Venture, Jones, and Rossignol make some of the best boards. I started riding a Lib this year and its completely changed me . I had a ride before that and riding a lib made me realize what a piece of shit ride was.
Shocktroop531 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2011, 06:32 PM   #13 (permalink)
Veteran Member

LOve my Arbor A - Frame....amazing board..and love my Burton Driver X boots too. Why hate them? Because they are successful? Check "Powder and Rails" movie (Netflix Streaming), and tell me igf you can hate Jake.
Burton Driver-X
K2-Cinch-CTX
Subaru WRX 06
KIRKRIDER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2011, 04:22 AM   #14 (permalink)

Another vote for the Driver X's. Love my Lib Tech TRS also.
LI Boarder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2011, 06:51 AM   #15 (permalink)

The second board I got was a Burton a-series 149. This was back in 1996-98 if I recall correctly, and that thing held up for 6-7 years! I bought the board in a package with boots (ruler) and freestyle bindings. Replaced a couple of straps on the bindings, otherwise that whole package held up more than anything I've bought these later years.

I understand the haters saying low to mid sucks as far as bang for the bucks, but this company started the whole thing, and snowboards would probably not be the same today if it wasn't for Burton. I may sound like a burton fan-boy, but in reality I'm not. I just don't think they deserve all the hate they get.
init is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2011, 06:59 AM   #16 (permalink)

My first board was a burton SuperModel that I still have and ride, probably 12 yrs old. I also have tried Rome SDS and NeverSummer. I was recently looking for a new board and thought for sure I was going to get either a Rome Agent or NS Evo. I ended up either the Burton Nug because it was just so much fun and under $500. I've never ridden the higher end Burton boards so Im curious to hear which are overpriced and what the counter parts that are cheaper/better from the other companies.
eddoggydog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2011, 09:00 AM   #17 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shocktroop531 View Post
I had a ride before that and riding a lib made me realize what a piece of shit ride was.
I'm thinking about stocking Ride in my shop in the 2011/2012 season. Which particular Ride board(s) was it that you thought was bad? Cheers
Old 02-08-2011, 09:13 AM   #18 (permalink)

it's not that burton is bad. it's just that neversummer and Lib are so far ahead in at this point (in my opinion). i rode a burton for a long time...deciding on a neversummer SL this year was a complete game changer for me and i have newfound excitement for the sport.
cjs2002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2011, 09:15 AM   #19 (permalink)

I currently ride a Lib Tech board, but have also ridden Ride boards a lot over the past few years, and I have to say I can't disagree more. Ride boards are awesome--fun, poppy, and tons of life. I rode a Ride Society for a couple of seasons and still think that board had the most pop of any board I've ever had under my feet. Definitely a park monster.

When compared to the Rome Agent, which people on this forum love--the Ride Society made the Agent feel like a dead piece of wood under my feet.

I will definitely buy another Ride board in the future.
Ride Society 157 - Ride Beta MVMT - 32 Ultralight
M3 Discord 155.5 - Drake SuperSport - Northwave Decade SL
maybeitsjustme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2011, 09:33 AM   #20 (permalink)

I keep gravitating back to Burton probably because I am comfortable with their product.

I remember the days of the Burton Air, Crazy Banana, Barfoot etc and we thought a few feet of air and a clean grab was all a man (or woman) could ask for. It didn't matter what you rode, just the fact that you rode was bonding. I remember when skiers told us we were not welcome on 'their' hill and to F-off (lol had fun with some of those tough guys)

My friend became a Burton rep and I watched as Burton really progressed the industry, sometimes in a good way, sometimes in a not so good way. I was fortunate to be able to ride a lot of different boards and got hooked on the Custom for years.

Of course there are Burton boards I feel are crap, just like I feel there are other manufacturers that have some crappy boards too. I just haven't been on another manufacturer's board that I have liked more than some of my Burton's. I do believe they are out there, and in greater numbers than ever. I wish I still had a large group of friends to ride with on a frequent basis so I could still try various equipment.

I would like to try a NS Evo, a Bataleon ET (almost bought one a little while ago), Capita Stairmaster..

Any other recommendations on boards/brands I should try? I like a board I can press, and I like a true twin. Currently I ride a Burton Love which I, well uh, love.
Chaos Theory is offline   Reply With Quote