Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums

Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums (http://www.snowboardingforum.com/forum.php)
-   Boards (http://www.snowboardingforum.com/boards/)
-   -   Best board company (http://www.snowboardingforum.com/boards/36594-best-board-company.html)

keepridingi5 01-27-2011 12:42 PM

Best board company

What do you guys think is the best company all around year after year? for innovation, types of boards, graphics, apparel, etc.

Burton probably sells the most boards but are they really the best overall company out there?

What makes you guys buy the boards and gear that you do?

enayes 01-27-2011 01:04 PM

I would never buy a Burton, don't really have a reason but I just prefer to support other companies. I've heard that there high-end stuff is top-notch but they sell a lot of mediocre boards for more than there worth.

I bought a Bataleon Evil twin this year because the TBT tech sounds really cool and makes sense. The only other board I bought was a used 04 arbor mystic.

WHOisDAN 01-27-2011 05:55 PM

Subjective

Everyone has their own opinion.

The top five snowboard brands that provide performance and durability - Yahoo! Sports

MistahTaki 01-27-2011 08:03 PM

burton of course because burton is snowboarding and snowboarding is burton.

uh oh a virus 01-27-2011 08:20 PM

ehh i dont buy burton. its more of a mainstream thing for me... i prefer getting brands that have amazing quality, but not as known.

keepridingi5 01-28-2011 10:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by uh oh a virus (Post 366049)
ehh i dont buy burton. its more of a mainstream thing for me... i prefer getting brands that have amazing quality, but not as known.

Yeah Im not a burton fan at all. I think they are far over priced for the lack of quality. I like looking at the "good wood" of the year rankings to find the best boards.

Do most people do this or is it just me?

thetraveler 01-28-2011 02:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keepridingi5 (Post 366405)
I think they are far over priced for the lack of quality.

which Burton boards in particular and which other brands have cheaper boards in the same class as those overpriced Burtons?

WHOisDAN 01-28-2011 03:20 PM

Burton made good boards for a long time. A decade ago, Burton was ahead of the pack. It doesn't appear that way now because other companies are stepping up their game. I wouldn't recommend mid to low range boards from Burton, but I see nothing wrong with their high-end models. Brand name recognition is the reason why they cost more, and the same can be said about Nike.

Hating Burton because they are mainstream is something I often hear from "hypbeasts" here in trendy California. You shouldn't dislike something if you never tried it.

Huy 01-28-2011 04:41 PM

Lib Tech and K2 boards are my favorite

thetraveler 01-28-2011 04:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WHOisDAN (Post 366541)
Burton made good boards for a long time. A decade ago, Burton was ahead of the pack. It doesn't appear that way now because other companies are stepping up their game. I wouldn't recommend mid to low range boards from Burton, but I see nothing wrong with their high-end models. Brand name recognition is the reason why they cost more, and the same can be said about Nike.

Hating Burton because they are mainstream is something I often hear from "hypbeasts" here in trendy California. You shouldn't dislike something if you never tried it.

I guess I have to take your word for it. I never owned a Burton board but I also never rode on one that I thought was bad and I've ridden a few. I was curious as to which Burton boards people are referring to when they're talking about bad quality and what specifically are they comparing them to.