Another( What size board should i buy) question? - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-05-2008, 02:15 PM   #1 (permalink)
powershiftz02gt

Default Another( What size board should i buy) question?

Im looking at the custom x. The 2 sizes that will fit me are 147 and 152. I am 5ft 4inches. i weigh 115lbs. i wear a Size 8 boot with medium size bindings. I ride duck stance. I dont think ill grow over 5ft 7in or 5ft 8in so would 147 fit me forever or would that be really short. i cant find a 147 anywhere locally so i cant measure myself with it. I do very little park. Mostly freeride. If i go with 147 will i loose stability and speed if i grow any more? i have a 151 size board now and it fits me pretty well i think but the thing has no edge and maneuvering at lower speeds is a little tough to turn. If i went with the 147 i know ill be able to turn a whole lot easier. But is this an edge issue or a board length issue?

thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-05-2008, 08:41 PM   #2 (permalink)
jibbah686

Quote:
Originally Posted by powershiftz02gt View Post
Im looking at the custom x. The 2 sizes that will fit me are 147 and 152. I am 5ft 4inches. i weigh 115lbs. i wear a Size 8 boot with medium size bindings. I ride duck stance. I dont think ill grow over 5ft 7in or 5ft 8in so would 147 fit me forever or would that be really short. i cant find a 147 anywhere locally so i cant measure myself with it. I do very little park. Mostly freeride. If i go with 147 will i loose stability and speed if i grow any more? i have a 151 size board now and it fits me pretty well i think but the thing has no edge and maneuvering at lower speeds is a little tough to turn. If i went with the 147 i know ill be able to turn a whole lot easier. But is this an edge issue or a board length issue?

thanks
im going to go with a 147 but the better you get the less long a board is gonna last you. but if your only going to grow to 5ft 8 you should be fine with a 147. youll get more response more snap and more flex. custom x is a good decision. have you looked into any other boards?
Old 02-05-2008, 11:04 PM   #3 (permalink)
Veteran Member

don't worry about not being able to measure it up, it has nothing to do with height anyway. it really depends on weight. if you think you wont get above 115 then the 147 is good for you. if you think your going to get heavier, then the 152. i really only recommend the custom x to bigger guys that dont want to use a massive board. if you can afford the custom x, i'd say just get the custom ICS. i rode the jeremy jones with the ICS and it was so good. it felt like i'd been riding the board for years. if you can afford to get the custom ICS with the uninc ICS bindings, do it, you wont regret it. the smallest it comes in is a 154, but if you're 5'4 and 115 now and you plan to get to around 5'8, which is where i'm at, then you should be ok with a 154. i started on a 155 when i was about your size and it worked fine for me.

That thing I do to escape the world and have fun with my friend
Nivek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2008, 02:42 PM   #4 (permalink)
powershiftz02gt

Quote:
Originally Posted by jibbah686 View Post
im going to go with a 147 but the better you get the less long a board is gonna last you. but if your only going to grow to 5ft 8 you should be fine with a 147. youll get more response more snap and more flex. custom x is a good decision. have you looked into any other boards?
Um the only other board im thinking about is the 151 Custom. But other then Burton im not really looking into other companies because i really have only researched burton and i know the most about them. i dont know really anyting about other companies. but i figued the custom X is good because i enjoy freeriding more then park but i do a little bit of park but i just keep it mellow so i figured the x is for me
Old 02-06-2008, 02:48 PM   #5 (permalink)
PapaWood

Sounds about right for what you want to do. I am 5 7 and 130 lbs, riding a 151-152 for park and 155 for all mountain/pow days if that helps for comparison.
Old 02-06-2008, 07:08 PM   #6 (permalink)

sry to thread jack, but would a royale 162 be too long for an all-mountain board? i'm 5'10, 140lbs
italiaboi24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2008, 10:55 PM   #7 (permalink)
meeble

Quote:
Originally Posted by italiaboi24 View Post
sry to thread jack, but would a royale 162 be too long for an all-mountain board? i'm 5'10, 140lbs
if you are sorry to thread jack, why don't you just start a new thread?