Lib Tech Dark Series, Capita Snowboard of Death....? - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-28-2011, 02:20 AM   #1 (permalink)

Default Lib Tech Dark Series, Capita Snowboard of Death....?

I've been looking at the both the Capita BSOD and the LIB Dark Series in the wide. I wear Salomon f series boots to shrink my foot print down so that's the reason for the wide DS. My question is which board out of those would you say is better for freeriding, but also good for some jumps and some mellow pipe riding? I'm looking for something as stable as the Jones Flagship I'm riding right now, but something that can hold it's own on jumps and in the pipe.
Meatball707 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-28-2011, 01:16 PM   #2 (permalink)

This guy, goride, is selling his 2009-2010 LT DS 161W C2BTX for $275:

snowboard community forums - Lib Tech Dark Series c2, forum scallywag, flux's

I briefly owned a 2006-2007 Capita Black Death Speed Tribe 162 that I only spent one day on in early 2007-2008 before I sold it to help pay for a 2006-2007 Burton T6 162--which I considered to be the superior of the two boards. While I liked the BDST, the T6's base was much faster and it also seemed to edge a little better. That T6 was my go-to board for 2007-2008 and was an awesome board.

I picked up a 2008-2009 LT DS 161 MTX in December of 2008 and even though my T6's base was noticeably faster than my Dark's, I liked the Dark better than the T6 because of its MTX and it became my go-to board in 2008-2009. I sold my T6 after getting my Dark. My Dark is very responsive--it's stiff enough to bomb on, super poppy, and super edge-y with its MTX edges. I think it's a killer high speed all-mountain board. I'm pretty sure that the Dark is and always has been LT's stiffest and edge-iest board.

I've tried regular BTX on a 2008-2009 TRS and did not like it at all, but I have no experience with C2BTX. However, I suspect that C2BTX would be much better than regular BTX for faster, more-aggressive riding...

p.s. I'm 5'9"/185# with size 10 feet/boots and generally prefer high-speed oriented all-mountain type riding with random/infrequent excursions through the park to hit the medium-sized jumps.

Last edited by PATKOUG; 01-28-2011 at 10:08 PM.
PATKOUG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2011, 01:57 PM   #3 (permalink)
Veteran Member

I got a 61 W Dark Series and I absolutely love it! My next one will be a DS as well.
Looks like I use it much the same as you, mostly freeriding, some pipe and a little park, it doesent have any problems handling any of those.
The pop is just insane and it handles bombing speeds with great ease. It is one of Libs techiest boards. Totally worth the high price tag.

Last edited by freshy; 01-28-2011 at 02:00 PM.
freshy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2011, 09:39 PM   #4 (permalink)
Veteran Member

I got the 2011 161 Dark Series. It is a great freeride board. floats well in powder. I haven't took mine in the park yet. I mainly bought it for speed and handling and it does that with no issues. I have been riding for 20+ years and it's the best board I've ever ridden.
Lstarrasl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2011, 09:59 PM   #5 (permalink)

Stoked to hear all the positive replys I picked one up today, feels great, and looks awesome in person. You can actually see the wood through the graphics. Now I just need to go boarding!
Old 01-29-2011, 07:57 PM   #6 (permalink)
Veteran Member

You are Stoked!!! 1st Lib tech?
Lstarrasl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2011, 11:51 AM   #7 (permalink)

Default Yep!

Thanks I am STOKED!!! I'm hoping Mammoth gets a dump soon I've ridden a few Mervin's(old T.Rice, Gnu Rider's choice, which was awesome)but this is my first Lib!

Side note to this, I'm having a hard time figuring out what bindings I want on this board, I have some old Union Airblaster inverters, but was thinking of some Flux DMCC's, Flux SF45, or Union Asadachi 3's, Force SLs, Standard Force, or the softer Contact pro, any thoughts or input?
Old 01-30-2011, 02:36 PM   #8 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meatball707 View Post
Thanks I am STOKED!!! I'm hoping Mammoth gets a dump soon I've ridden a few Mervin's(old T.Rice, Gnu Rider's choice, which was awesome)but this is my first Lib!

Side note to this, I'm having a hard time figuring out what bindings I want on this board, I have some old Union Airblaster inverters, but was thinking of some Flux DMCC's, Flux SF45, or Union Asadachi 3's, Force SLs, Standard Force, or the softer Contact pro, any thoughts or input?
CO2s are my favorite binding.
PATKOUG is offline   Reply With Quote