Arbor Push Question - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-29-2011, 01:40 AM   #1 (permalink)

Default Arbor Push Question

My girlfriend really likes the graphics to the 08/09 Arbor Push board, but it's really hard to find and I just found a good deal on a 152cm board. She is 5'6 and 120 pounds, so I was wondering if it would be too big for her. shes only a beginner and currently riding a Nidecker Picto 143 cm, but I was thinking of buying the board for when she gets better.

does anyone with similar weight ride the Push? if so what do you guys think? would she be able to ride it when she gets more advanced? i know you shouldn't buy a board based on graphics alone, but what can i say she's kind of vain in that regard -_-

thanks in advance
ts2mars is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-29-2011, 03:20 AM   #2 (permalink)
Veteran Member

Yeah, that's a big board especially as a beginner. I'd put her on something like a 147-149. Also the Push is their stiffer freeride board for women, so not really best for a beginner. She'd be better off on the Eden 148 or Cadence 147, which both have sick graphics too.

Last edited by Triple8Sol; 01-29-2011 at 03:22 AM.
Triple8Sol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2011, 01:32 PM   #3 (permalink)
Veteran Member

+1 to what Triple8Sole said. Going from a 143 to a 152 is a HUGE leap and a 152 is pretty long for her.

Tell her to put on her big girl panties and choose a more appropriate board.

The Push is a stiff cambered board. She'll need solid technique before she can ride it.

Does she like the 2011 graphics? They are somewhat similar and will likely go on sale in a month or so.
lilfoot1598 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2011, 05:23 PM   #4 (permalink)

Hi! My wife is 5'6' and 120 pounds too, and she have Arbor Push 152. this board not so stiff, it have flexible nose, like many freeride boards and therefore it's very easy to initiate turns.

Please don't kick me for bad English
Ratsch-Bumm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2011, 06:42 PM   #5 (permalink)

thanks for the replies guys. yea i was thinking around 148 would be better too...oh well i guess ill just be patience.
Old 01-29-2011, 06:45 PM   #6 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ratsch-Bumm View Post
Hi! My wife is 5'6' and 120 pounds too, and she have Arbor Push 152. this board not so stiff, it have flexible nose, like many freeride boards and therefore it's very easy to initiate turns.

sweet! how good was your wife when she first got it? did it take a while to get used to? thanks
Old 01-30-2011, 06:13 AM   #7 (permalink)

My wife had opened her fourth season with this board. But our season is 15-25 days per year (actually we have no mountaines around us, and this and last years we flied to Europe). A previous board was Nitro Mistique 146 and it was short to speed run. Only with Arbor she takes sure on the red pistes in Alps. Changing of board was really easy and cool, because Nitro board has stiffer nose than this Arbor has, as I said above. When we had powder days i had moved wife's bindings back, had a lack of float without it.

Last edited by Ratsch-Bumm; 01-30-2011 at 06:16 AM.
Old 01-31-2011, 11:12 PM   #8 (permalink)

I am 5'-7", weigh 125 + 3 lbs, and ride the 152. I was a bit hesitant on getting the Push since reviews rate it for advanced to expert freeride and I am an intermediate rider. I don't regret the purchase and I am happy with the size! It is just the right length for me to not be overwhelming yet gain significant speed. The turn initiation is easier than I anticipated for a stiff board. It's a great board (imo) for an intermediate rider to carve with and progress to the next level.
catherony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2011, 09:31 PM   #9 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by catherony View Post
I am 5'-7", weigh 125 + 3 lbs, and ride the 152. I was a bit hesitant on getting the Push since reviews rate it for advanced to expert freeride and I am an intermediate rider. I don't regret the purchase and I am happy with the size! It is just the right length for me to not be overwhelming yet gain significant speed. The turn initiation is easier than I anticipated for a stiff board. It's a great board (imo) for an intermediate rider to carve with and progress to the next level.
oh thanks a lot for sharing your experience...

yea i ended up pulling the trigger and got her the 152 this past weekend. she tried it and really liked it but like many of you said, it was a bit long. miraculously i found the board in 148 yesterday and bought that one too (so broke now) and plan on selling the 152.

thanks for everyone's advice...anyone looking for the push 152 by any chance =)?
Old 02-02-2011, 02:12 AM   #10 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ts2mars View Post
oh thanks a lot for sharing your experience...

yea i ended up pulling the trigger and got her the 152 this past weekend. she tried it and really liked it but like many of you said, it was a bit long. miraculously i found the board in 148 yesterday and bought that one too (so broke now) and plan on selling the 152.

thanks for everyone's advice...anyone looking for the push 152 by any chance =)?
My wife think about 155