Bataleon Fun Kink US edition 2011 - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-29-2011, 11:01 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default Bataleon Fun Kink US edition 2011

Hey. just wanna know, a friend of mine is getting the US edition of Bataleon Fun kink. how does it ride? any of u guys have any experience riding it before?

oh and well he loves to bomb down groomed mountains, and like he doesnt go to the park at all. but he might in the future. but he does likes to throw in little tricks here and there on the way down the mountain. would the board work well for him?

does it ride well when going at fast speed too?

yea would love all ur opinions thanks!
glenny is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-29-2011, 11:10 PM   #2 (permalink)

Goliath would probably be a better pick then.
Biornus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2011, 11:42 PM   #3 (permalink)

bataleon shows their riders bombing down cliffs and cruising in powder with the fun kink, but we are not pros, it's def on the softer side but I don't have any actual experience with it
enayes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2011, 01:50 AM   #4 (permalink)
Veteran Member

He shouldn't get the fun.kink if he likes to go fast. I'm riding last year's ET and it gets sketchy at high speeds. I've had edges give out a couple times just due to speed and uneven terrain and the ET is stiffer than the fun.kink.
crazyface is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2011, 03:27 AM   #5 (permalink)
Veteran Member

FK is a jib board. He wants the Goliath or ET.
Triple8Sol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2011, 06:35 AM   #6 (permalink)
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Hi guys,

To clarify, Bataleon considers the Fun Kink in their all mountain / freestyle category with the Goliath. The Evil Twins are both considered True Twin freesyle boards and lack that all mountain label (even though plenty of riders use ET's for everything.

Check it out here: 2010-2011 BOARD RANGE | BATALEON SNOWBOARDS | Triple Base Tech, the best thing to happen to snowboards since edges.
Wiredsport is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2011, 10:57 AM   #7 (permalink)
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wiredsport View Post
Hi guys,

To clarify, Bataleon considers the Fun Kink in their all mountain / freestyle category with the Goliath. The Evil Twins are both considered True Twin freesyle boards and lack that all mountain label (even though plenty of riders use ET's for everything.

Check it out here: 2010-2011 BOARD RANGE | BATALEON SNOWBOARDS | Triple Base Tech, the best thing to happen to snowboards since edges.
Yeah, I can control my 147 ET bombing, but it gets very sketchy. I wouldn't trust a less experienced rider to bomb with it. My Goliath handles very well at speed though.
phile00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2011, 11:02 AM   #8 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wiredsport View Post
Hi guys,

But still, when he rarely want's to hit the park and instead the whole mountain, it seems like he would be better off by a more focused all-mountain board. And with a Goliath you will still be able to do some park stuff. Better than the Kink will be able to bomb down a mountain, that's for sure.
Old 01-30-2011, 11:08 AM   #9 (permalink)

ya he even emailed bataleon about it asking them for a flexible all mountain board lol. they did give him 3 boards to choose from, the Goliath (flex rating of 5), fun kink (flex 3.5) and the us fun kink (flex 3).

sorry just to double confirm, whats the flex in your board for? i know its how much ur board can flex, but does it help getting higher olies or something? >< my bad im a noob at this sorta things lol thanks
glenny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2011, 11:34 AM   #10 (permalink)

Snowboard Buying Guide & Shop - How & Where to buy a Snowboard

Scroll down to: How flexible should my board be

But in short, freestyle riders want a more flexible board and freeriders want a more stiff board.
Goliath is quite in the middle of the chart and will not perform as good as a true freeride board as the undisputed and not as good as a true freestyle board as the Evil Twin, but imo you will get the best of both worlds in an awesome board.