New Custom X doesn't handle as expected. Why? - Page 3 - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-30-2011, 02:54 PM   #21 (permalink)

Yes ,
If you want to widen you stance, you move the bindings toward the tips of the board by the same amount from the ref. point.
If you want to narrow the stance , you move the bindings toward each other ,also symmetrically .
Using more forward lean makes you keep your knees bent and increases responsiveness at the expense of your quadriceps getting tired faster.
FirstChair is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-22-2011, 04:41 PM   #22 (permalink)

Quote:
This was actually one of the reasons I went for this board. I figured it would help me in my progression. I fully expected having to adjust to it. However I was expecting I'd have problems initiating turns or catching edges, whereas it turns out my main problem was the board slipping out from under me. Just didn't seem consistent with what I had heard from other people.
Stevitome, I had the same thing feeling when I first got my cx, you have to make sure you start your turns from your knees- that probably sounds wrong but stay with me, you have to make sure that you keep your body as over the board as possible so get down low, stay loose and maintain your body position centered over the top of the board and that will help a lot. Oh and what everybody else said about the binding set up too.
tyler243 is offline   Reply With Quote