Easiest/Slowest/Smallest Board for My Size? - Page 2 - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-01-2011, 10:08 PM   #11 (permalink)

someone elsewhere said 140cm minimum and others said 150ish minimum, which is only about 4 inches difference legnth, so eaither way it's almost the same. I'm size 11 and not growing. now, I just want to know what width i should get that will have no chance of catching the boot toe or heel on sharp carving icey or powder. I'm getting this cheap off craigslist or ebay, so i don't care about getting a permenant board.

so: width for size 11 that should never catch on hard carve on ice or snow?

and: how's width effect the performance, is it 'easier' or 'harder' with a wide ass board?
thanks
eeli0s is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-01-2011, 10:34 PM   #12 (permalink)

the length you require depends on a variety of factors including weight, height, experience, riding style etc. for a beginner board i would go with something that is up to your chin on you, so probably around 149-151. now for width, with a size 11 boot you could really go either way. i wear a size 11 and will always buy wide boards because i like to lay down a deep carve now and then and don't like a very extreme stance. for yourself, it probably doesn't matter that much to avoid toe drag when you're learning so i wouldn't worry about it if you're only gonna have this board for a couple of years to get yourself started.

and if you're learning, you're going to catch your edges. that's just the name of the game. if you don't wanna catch your heel edge and get whipped backwards crushing your head into hard snow then you best take up skiing.

good luck!

Last edited by ryannorthcott; 02-01-2011 at 10:36 PM.
ryannorthcott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2011, 07:33 AM   #13 (permalink)

Look for a 09/10 Gnu Carbon Credit in 153. It will be a good board for your size and skill level and to allow you to advance. No need for the wide.
Grasschopper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2011, 12:52 PM   #14 (permalink)

I wear 11.5 boots and have no problem on a 156 regular board... Since your looking for a more park oriented board i guess you won't have any use for a wide one.
Just my thoughts about wide or not.
init is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2011, 10:58 PM   #15 (permalink)

my foot's 10.5" and wide, so I heard that i'll probably need a 12 or 12.5 boot. I'm gonna get about a 155cm, wide, 260 waist, about 29cm wide board and add risers to be extra sure i don't "boot out"/catch the boot on the carve!
thanks everyone
eeli0s is offline   Reply With Quote