Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums

Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums (http://www.snowboardingforum.com/forum.php)
-   Boards (http://www.snowboardingforum.com/boards/)
-   -   Easiest/Slowest/Smallest Board for My Size? (http://www.snowboardingforum.com/boards/36782-easiest-slowest-smallest-board-my-size.html)

eeli0s 01-30-2011 03:22 PM

Easiest/Slowest/Smallest Board for My Size?

I'm 5' 8"
155lbs
size 10 or 11

I want the easiest/slowest/smallest board for park and slope on packed snow almost like ice.. what legnth and width should i get without the heel or toes hanging over too far? thank you so much!

WMM 01-30-2011 03:27 PM

Size: 147 -155cm
You should probably get a wide.

How long have you been boarding? That way I can tell you whats the best board.

eeli0s 01-30-2011 03:34 PM

i only boarded once on a click in rental(less controll than locked in), and i had trouble carving both ways. i barely made it down a blue square and had to 180 constantly to avoid carving the harder whay that felt like a righty writing with their left hand. I thought i'd be good at it cause i was almost an intermediate skateboarder. i could do stuff like smith/5-0 grinds, olley 5 steps, drop in an straight down quarter pipe, etc.

WMM 02-01-2011 11:07 AM

I suggest you look into omatic their known for having the BS technology which helps you not catch edges.

MistahTaki 02-01-2011 11:36 AM

i think it's better for you to not get the easiest/slowest/smallest board because after going several more times believe me you are going to progress and you will out grow the board, and will want something better. the size of board you want will vary with what type of riding you do but regardless definitely the shorter a board is the easier it is to maneuver. i would suggest that before making an investment on a board you should go out ride more and get a feel of what type of riding you would like to get into. It sucks to drop money on something and end up regretting it because you now want something else. anyways, when in doubt it's best to get an all-mountain board because they are the most versatile. that's my 2 cents.

edit: sorry i dont read. forget about what i said about types of riding and al-mountain crap.

Cobra 02-01-2011 11:44 AM

And 10 or 11 is very important, find out which one exactly. Also, you won't need a wide board.

MistahTaki 02-01-2011 11:47 AM

he might need one if he's going to get the "smallest" board possible.

WMM 02-01-2011 11:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cobra (Post 368526)
And 10 or 11 is very important, find out which one exactly. Also, you won't need a wide board.

If his shoe size is size 11 I would think he would need one. Specially if he is a kid and still growing.

jliu 02-01-2011 02:13 PM

Look into the Arbor Formula...nice easy flex and griptech edges to help on hardpack...good price too $299

Plus...like another poster mentioned...gives you room to progress

JoeR 02-01-2011 05:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by eeli0s (Post 367375)
I want the easiest/slowest/smallest board for park and slope on packed snow almost like ice

You should get a board that's appropriate for a beginner, i.e., easy to maneuver and not too stiff, but don't worry about trying to identify the "slowest" board. There is a tendency for beginners to think that the whole procedure of snowboarding would be easier to handle if only it could be slowed down! I kind of remember feeling that way myself at one stage. In reality, learning to balance on the board properly requires a certain amount of speed; sludge-like movement makes some things more difficult, not less. Also, once you learn how to control your speed effectively with your edges, you'll feel more confident and a lot less anxious about the board's possibly taking off on you.