Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums

Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums (http://www.snowboardingforum.com/forum.php)
-   Boards (http://www.snowboardingforum.com/boards/)
-   -   NS Revolver new at 40% off -should I buy? (http://www.snowboardingforum.com/boards/36792-ns-revolver-new-40-off-should.html)

v-verb 01-30-2011 04:52 PM

NS Revolver -should I buy?

I ride a Bataleon Fun Kink 153 with GNU Street Fastecs (love that binding!). Size 10 boots

I have a chance to grab a new NS Revolver 156 for $350 - very tempting! However I don't ride park just freeride and my Bataleon is doing OK.

So is the Revolver a nice to have or not needed?

Thanks in advance

nigel

DanielOlver 01-30-2011 07:41 PM

Ive got the Evo (narrow version of revolver, same board) and i love it. The only issue i have with it is how soft of a flex it is, may be too soft for freeride, as it gets mpretty shakey up at speed. Great for pow and cruising though.

v-verb 01-30-2011 07:44 PM

Thanks for letting me know Daniel!

SPAZ 01-30-2011 08:07 PM

I have the same board and as stated it will not do great for freeride. Keep in mind that this is a park board and a very soft one at that. I recommend getting it though, and trying it for a day or two. With that much off the price you can probably sell it on the forum for about what you payed.

Triple8Sol 01-30-2011 09:57 PM

Good deal isn't that good if you don't need the board, and doesn't sound like it'll do you any good.

DC5R 01-30-2011 11:25 PM

At 40% off, I'd do what Spaz recommended.

v-verb 01-31-2011 05:11 PM

Thanks Guys! I'll mull it over

Cheers

nigel

Smitty 02-02-2011 04:44 PM

So you have a board that works fine that you like... you don't ride park... mostly freeride... are you just looking to spend money? If so you can just send me a check for the cash you'd spend on the board. PM me if you are interested.

Grasschopper 02-02-2011 05:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Smitty (Post 369329)
So you have a board that works fine that you like... you don't ride park... mostly freeride... are you just looking to spend money? If so you can just send me a check for the cash you'd spend on the board. PM me if you are interested.

I don't know if he is like me but there are some of us out there that have the money to spend and just like to try different things. I did this with golf clubs, at one point I had 10 sets of irons in my basement I hadn't even played yet. For people like me it's about finding deals like this and trying different equipment.

For instance I just sold a perfectly good (great?) Lib Tech T.Rice and bought a NS Heritage (didn't get a deal though...)...I needed a slightly longer board and could have gotten a longer T.Rice but everyone here talks about NS so I had to try one. Honestly I haven't even ridden it yet (haven't seen it in fact even though it was delivered to my office yesterday) and I am just about certain I am going to buy a 11/12 T.Rice next season (longer than the one I just sold). On the other hand those Bataleons look cool and I wouldn't mind a parkish board...so maybe an Evil Twin......

v-verb 02-02-2011 05:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Smitty (Post 369329)

Sure!!!!!!!!:laugh: