Casual, Int. Rider = New Board Question (Bataleon Jam) - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-30-2011, 06:37 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default Casual, Int. Rider = New Board Question (Bataleon Jam)

I am on my Third season of snowboarding and have never used the same board more than 3 times, so I think it is time to finally make a small investment. Everytime I switch boards is 3 runs to get used to it. I can go down any run without problems when adjusted, and can hit the smaller jumps and am venturing more into the parks, although they aren't my main focus. I am mainly looking for a board to casually go with friends and enjoy my time, not become a Park expert. Just enough to keep up if needed in any condition.

I can get an '08 Bataleon "The Jam" for ~170, and was looking to see some suggestions/opinions on this board. It is the same board pictured here. One of the things that appeals to me is it is under $200 and from the limited opinions here found via search, is still a good board to use. Of course, other opinions are welcomed! Thank you in advance.

I am 5' 8" and 175lbs with size 11.5 boot. Most of my Boarding will be done in the Northeast (Vermont, Northern New York, Possibly PA).
MUTCHYMAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-01-2011, 11:33 AM   #2 (permalink)

No one has any info on this board or any knowledge? Help, please! I will give more info if needed.

New information on the board - There is a p-tex repair on the bottom (a little smaller than a pencil) that was just deep enough to warrant repair, but not deep enough to get to the core or anything. Is the stated price still a decent cost? Thanks!
Old 02-01-2011, 11:51 AM   #3 (permalink)

170 for a a 3 year old used and lightly damaged board is a little much i think. Check out all the online sites clearance sections and you'll find better deals, i got an 09 NS Evo on evo.com for about $160 last year because they had some crazy sale. If you're only casually riding i think you'll be fine on anything and unless you're hardcore i doubt you'll be able to tell a big difference in boards.
stunt66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2011, 03:43 PM   #4 (permalink)

I have the 09 Jam and love it. For your size a 155 Jam would be ideal for all around riding, 153 for park. I think that price is not terrible since Bataleons are not easy to get.

If you are still skid turning instead of carving, you may find TBT squirrely at first. You will appreciate TBT when you progress. The Jam is also towards the stiff side (at least to my weak legs), which makes it a good all around board for charging, carving and jumps, but is still good in the park because of the TBT makes the edges less catchy.
pencap75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2011, 09:09 PM   #5 (permalink)

also got the 09 jam and love it. great all mountain board, a bit a on the stiff side. i got my jam at 200$ at the beginning of the season in almost new condition. imo it was a great deal, esp as i love the graphics and its hard to find these days in that kind of condition. ill say its a great board, but whether ur willing to spend the money is up to u. if i were u, i prob would.
songa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2011, 12:27 AM   #6 (permalink)
Veteran Member

I would go for either a Goliath or ET if you want Bataleon.

That thing I do to escape the world and have fun with my friend

Also, buy my things?
http://www.snowboardingforum.com/buy...ml#post1737634
Nivek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2011, 07:12 PM   #7 (permalink)
Veteran Member

That should be a great board for you. It's my fav in the entire lineup. Although that's a 3-4 season old model, it's not too different from the current one and that are is the best Jam graphic so far imo.
Triple8Sol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2011, 07:22 PM   #8 (permalink)

It is going to be between the Goliath (david_z's) or The Jam. Both seem to be within my budget/good deals. The next thing though, is what bindings to pair up with the stick!
Old 02-03-2011, 07:28 PM   #9 (permalink)
Veteran Member

rome targas, union. burtons blow
snowjab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2011, 07:57 PM   #10 (permalink)
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MUTCHYMAN View Post
It is going to be between the Goliath (david_z's) or The Jam. Both seem to be within my budget/good deals. The next thing though, is what bindings to pair up with the stick!
Skip Union, most of them are overrated.

On the Jam or Goliath I would look at Raiden Phantoms, Flow NXT-AT's, or 390boss

That thing I do to escape the world and have fun with my friend

Also, buy my things?
http://www.snowboardingforum.com/buy...ml#post1737634
Nivek is offline   Reply With Quote