Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums

Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums (http://www.snowboardingforum.com/forum.php)
-   Boards (http://www.snowboardingforum.com/boards/)
-   -   Anyone missing their cambered board? (http://www.snowboardingforum.com/boards/36805-anyone-missing-their-cambered-board.html)

BRsnow 01-30-2011 07:32 PM

Anyone missing their cambered board?

I am awaiting the delivery of an Arbor Coda, really looking forward to it. Sounds like a fun board, and I also tend to spend most of my time in the bumps, trees, powder, and smaller cliff/drops, so I think it will match my riding well. This will be my first non-cambered board, curious if anyone regretted heading this direction. Thanks for the insight. BR

DanielOlver 01-30-2011 08:39 PM

I got a Never Summer evo at the beginning of the season, and i love the rocker in the park and pow. The only problem is how squirley it feels bombing down groomers, and on choppy stuff it really sucks. For your style it seems like a rockered board would be good for you,with the exception of bumps unless you cruise through, and not bomb through.

BRsnow 01-30-2011 09:04 PM

Thanks, looking forward to see how it does on the bumps. The mountain(mary Jane) I spend most of my time on has some serious bumps and I do run through them pretty quick. I was hoping the flex would make it a bit easier, so we will see. I am keeping my old board as well, appreciate the insight.BR

abadidol 01-30-2011 09:09 PM

I'm on a Libtech C-2 Camber (TR) and really haven't missed my traditional camber yet, this board does everything I ask of it.

Nivek 01-30-2011 09:22 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Nope, zero cam. That's where its at.

Qball 01-30-2011 10:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DanielOlver (Post 367586)
I got a Never Summer evo at the beginning of the season, and i love the rocker in the park and pow. The only problem is how squirley it feels bombing down groomers, and on choppy stuff it really sucks. For your style it seems like a rockered board would be good for you,with the exception of bumps unless you cruise through, and not bomb through.

That's because it's a park board

roremc 01-30-2011 11:55 PM

Yeah I have a EVO as well as a Titan and the evo is rubbish in chop but its not meant for that. Good for park and messing around. No good for anything freeride.

snoeboarder 01-31-2011 09:07 AM

on piste, camber and me go way back ... but for pow adventures rock me like a baby

david_z 01-31-2011 10:10 AM

103 Attachment(s)
I've got an '05 NS Legacy that I just refuse to let go of... Rode it for 4 or 5 years until I bought some new boards last season and she's pretty much retired now, but I did take her out at Snowbird last February. That deck is a tank and the edge-hold & braking power is superb - I trust that board in places I wouldn't take my other ones :D

SJ10 01-31-2011 12:06 PM

Currently ride NS Revolver, Titan TX, and Raptor X. The RC or hybird type rockers are pretty hard to beat for freestyle and all mountain. Tons of versatility and few drawbacks, especially if you want one do it all board. I'm not quite sold on it for freeride. The Raptor for example is very versatile and easy to ride, but at the limit in almost any condition I prefer Titan. I still think cambered boards are best at the upper end each discipline, with the exception of dedicated powder riding.