Never Summer Raptor or Ride Highlife - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-01-2011, 11:51 AM   #1 (permalink)

Default Never Summer Premier F1 or Ride Highlife

I have my park board but I tend to do more all mountain stuff, and get super pumped when there is powder. I also want a board that will increase my confidence at super speeds. I'm real familiar with rides construction and quality and like thier product. I have never dealt with never summer but see a lot of you guys here give them props. Which of these boards would you go with and why? So far I am leaning towards the ride highlife. Is the ride board made in USA like never summer?

EDIT: THIS WAS SUPPOSED TO SAY PREMIER F1 NOT RAPTOR. I WAS READING, SIDETRACKED, AND TYPED THE BOARD I WAS READING ABOUT IN!!!!!

Last edited by Prime320; 02-01-2011 at 12:31 PM.
Prime320 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-01-2011, 02:11 PM   #2 (permalink)
Veteran Member

Both are sick boards, but Ride is made in China.
Triple8Sol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2011, 02:23 PM   #3 (permalink)

Yea, I'd say never summer is #1 choice and not just between these two.
Old 02-01-2011, 05:15 PM   #4 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prime320 View Post
I have my park board but I tend to do more all mountain stuff, and get super pumped when there is powder. I also want a board that will increase my confidence at super speeds. I'm real familiar with rides construction and quality and like thier product. I have never dealt with never summer but see a lot of you guys here give them props. Which of these boards would you go with and why? So far I am leaning towards the ride highlife. Is the ride board made in USA like never summer?

EDIT: THIS WAS SUPPOSED TO SAY PREMIER F1 NOT RAPTOR. I WAS READING, SIDETRACKED, AND TYPED THE BOARD I WAS READING ABOUT IN!!!!!
Those are the two boards between which I will be choosing at the end of the season (and maybe the Venture Zephyr). I have two Ride boards already and love them, and also have a Never Summer SL. I'm curious to know what you choose, so keep us posted.
Listheeb21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2011, 11:16 PM   #5 (permalink)

That made in china thing is a big one. I wish some people had some more facts about why one is better than the other instead of just opinions.
Old 02-01-2011, 11:24 PM   #6 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Listheeb21 View Post
Those are the two boards between which I will be choosing at the end of the season (and maybe the Venture Zephyr). I have two Ride boards already and love them, and also have a Never Summer SL. I'm curious to know what you choose, so keep us posted.
I like Venture Zephyr. I have found it easy to control. The other one I just own is this one . How does it look? It looks really cool to me!! I love this Rossignol Scope. I brought this from the-house.com which I had saved $80. I like all mountain freestyle board because they are suitable for many different mountains, and it is also easy to control. I will now stay to my two boards. I also want to buy a K2, but may be later.
gamer12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2011, 12:02 AM   #7 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prime320 View Post
That made in china thing is a big one. I wish some people had some more facts about why one is better than the other instead of just opinions.
For two high-end boards like these, you can only expect to get facts about how they are different. "Better" will always remain a matter of opinion.
JoeR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2011, 02:19 AM   #8 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeR View Post
For two high-end boards like these, you can only expect to get facts about how they are different. "Better" will always remain a matter of opinion.
There has to be some facts. Like for example the base on the f1 is a higher number than the base of the ride. One might be more durable, or something. But I do understand exactly where you are comming from. I hate it, when I woke up today I was thinking high life, going to bed I am thinking never summer.
Old 02-02-2011, 09:58 AM   #9 (permalink)
Veteran Member

I've been riding the Highlife now for about two months and it has actually become my favorite stick in my quiver, over my Never Summer SL. Comparing NS's RC tech and the Highlife's LowPro rocker, I actually like the LowPro better. While the RC design is really fun and playful, I sometimes don't like the pivot point of the board being directly between the bindings. If you shift your weight back, the entire front half of the board comes off the ground. Granted this is also because the SL is a bit softer for bigger, harder charging lines. The LowPro on the Highlife is super stable, still a bit playful, has great float in the pow, and amazing stability in the tail for bigger landings. I can attest to both Ride's and NS's constuctuon. We all know NS boards are built like tanks and my SL is no different. I'm very happy with the durability of my Highlife as well. I had an interesting close encounter with a tree at Beaver Creek yesterday and am happy to report there was no damage.

It really comes down to which board YOU prefer; RC or LowPro. I absolutely LOVE my Highlife and don't know if I would trade it for the Premier F1.
DrnknZag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2011, 02:35 PM   #10 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrnknZag View Post
I've been riding the Highlife now for about two months and it has actually become my favorite stick in my quiver, over my Never Summer SL. Comparing NS's RC tech and the Highlife's LowPro rocker, I actually like the LowPro better. While the RC design is really fun and playful, I sometimes don't like the pivot point of the board being directly between the bindings. If you shift your weight back, the entire front half of the board comes off the ground. Granted this is also because the SL is a bit softer for bigger, harder charging lines. The LowPro on the Highlife is super stable, still a bit playful, has great float in the pow, and amazing stability in the tail for bigger landings. I can attest to both Ride's and NS's constuctuon. We all know NS boards are built like tanks and my SL is no different. I'm very happy with the durability of my Highlife as well. I had an interesting close encounter with a tree at Beaver Creek yesterday and am happy to report there was no damage.

It really comes down to which board YOU prefer; RC or LowPro. I absolutely LOVE my Highlife and don't know if I would trade it for the Premier F1.
Is it fair to compare a Highlife to a SL? One is a freestyle board and one is a direction, right?
Listheeb21 is offline   Reply With Quote