Going from Camber to Hybrid Rocker - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-02-2011, 10:42 AM   #1 (permalink)

Default Going from Camber to Hybrid Rocker

My first board was a Rome Crail (Soft, Cambered, Directional) and I could carve a turkey with that thing.
My new board is the 2011 GNU Rider's Choice and I can't carve the way I used to on my old Crail (I really miss the pop when transitioning edges)

Just wondering what peoples experiences are going from a cambered board to a hybrid rocker, and how you ride differently as a result.

Last edited by ChiGGz; 02-02-2011 at 11:32 AM.
ChiGGz is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-02-2011, 03:14 PM   #2 (permalink)
Veteran Member

If you can't carve C2 with Magne you're doing something wrong. Just give it time, that is one of the grippiest tech-combos out there

That thing I do to escape the world and have fun with my friend

Also, buy my things?
http://www.snowboardingforum.com/buy...ml#post1737634
Nivek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2011, 03:19 PM   #3 (permalink)

i just got the gnu riders choice to it was hard to carve for me the first time i went but it was the stance i had it ducked to much so idk if u have the same problem good luck with it i love my riders choice
snowboarder1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2011, 03:57 PM   #4 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nivek View Post
If you can't carve C2 with Magne you're doing something wrong. Just give it time, that is one of the grippiest tech-combos out there
Just doesn't feel as smooth when I transition sides during a carve. On my old camber board, I felt alot of G Forces going into a carve.

Quote:
Originally Posted by snowboarder1 View Post
i just got the gnu riders choice to it was hard to carve for me the first time i went but it was the stance i had it ducked to much so idk if u have the same problem good luck with it i love my riders choice
What did you have your stance set at? I admit I usually ride +25/-15 but I switched this one to +15/-15 for better switch riding since its twin tip.
Old 02-02-2011, 04:17 PM   #5 (permalink)

your style and technique does change a bit when switching. Traditional camber boards are all about clearly digging in your edge and going directly from edge to edge, where the new technology has a kind of skatey feeling because you don't have to dig your edges in and watch your edges like mad.

Personally, I really like it, because it allows me to be a lot more ballsy. On my camber board, it was like life or death. Do something out of the box, and you catch and edge and eat shit. Ride switch, catch an edge and eat shit. It got to the point where the board trained me not to go outside of the safety zone.

If your one of those hard-charger groomer people, you may not like it.
Old 02-02-2011, 04:31 PM   #6 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by HoboMaster View Post
your style and technique does change a bit when switching. Traditional camber boards are all about clearly digging in your edge and going directly from edge to edge, where the new technology has a kind of skatey feeling because you don't have to dig your edges in and watch your edges like mad.

Personally, I really like it, because it allows me to be a lot more ballsy. On my camber board, it was like life or death. Do something out of the box, and you catch and edge and eat shit. Ride switch, catch an edge and eat shit. It got to the point where the board trained me not to go outside of the safety zone.

If your one of those hard-charger groomer people, you may not like it.
You're right, before I had to dig in to the carve so it felt like I was carving more aggressively and I really got the hang of it. Truly a great feeling. The RC only needs a little bit of toe wiggle and it starts turning.
I do happen to fall into the hard-charging groomer category

I may be carving, but its a different feel all together
Old 02-02-2011, 04:42 PM   #7 (permalink)

i had it at something really drastic like +21 and -18 i just switched it to +12 and -6 and am gonna take it out this weekend
Old 02-02-2011, 04:44 PM   #8 (permalink)

and ya definitely the c2 btx initiates into turns alot faster than the regular camber boards
Old 02-02-2011, 08:55 PM   #9 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by snowboarder1 View Post
i had it at something really drastic like +21 and -18 i just switched it to +12 and -6 and am gonna take it out this weekend
Should changing from '+18/-15' to '+15/-15' have a big impact? It's only +3 degrees more.
Old 02-03-2011, 05:47 AM   #10 (permalink)

really all i could tell u is to play around with ur bindings everyone likes it set differently but the change from +18 to +15 would probably make a little difference