Help selecting a board? - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-02-2011, 07:26 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default Help selecting a board?

I've been looking at gear that I like and thought would suit me when my half brother's father (he's buying it for me) called me and asked me if I'd look at K2 boards, I said sure. I had originally picked the Salomon Pulse Crown 160 that was for $189 so I thought maybe the expenses for the gear was a bit much. I looked into the K2 board and it's like $300+. I don't know why he wants me to select a different board but whatever.

So, what's a good board for a beginner that weighs 195, is 6' tall, and wants to just go down the mountain with a little bit of park? I'd prefer it to be a K2 since that's what he's expecting me to reply with and I guess money isn't a factor. I'm wanting these bindings: Save on Ride LX Snowboard Bindings Black - Mens Snowboards Binding Snowboarding Gear Equipment and these boots: Save on K2 Range Snowboard Boots Black - Mens Snowboards Boot Snowboarding Gear Equipment

but open to any recommendations for anything. Thanks.
PAboarder is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-03-2011, 09:19 AM   #2 (permalink)
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Hi PAB,

Please let us know your foot size. Rider height is not actually a factor in board sizing.

Thanks!
Wiredsport is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2011, 10:25 AM   #3 (permalink)

If you want a board which gives you a more easy start, more for beginner level: The K2 Brigade

If you want a board which is also quite forgiving to start with, but you can progress on longer and have more fun on when you get some more skills: The K2 Raygun

For the bindings: I'd look for some bindings slightly more expensive, so you get some more comfort and quality. With these you'll be looking for new ones very soon!

And for the boots: Never, never just order boots. You really nead to try boots on first, before you can buy them. And that's a really important advice, I think everybody who just orders he's boots is just a complete retard

Have fun!
Old 02-03-2011, 04:16 PM   #4 (permalink)

I was actually looking at both of the boards you mentioned, LvdT. Wiredsport, I wear an 11 in men.
I'll look into different bindings and post here if I find some that I like. As for boots, there's not many good board shops around here that I know of :/ so ordering may be my only option, to be honest.
Old 02-04-2011, 08:36 PM   #5 (permalink)

Even a shop with only five kinds of snowboard boots (with some quality brands and normal prices ofcourse) is better than ordering online. That's really such a bad idea, believe me. Your boots decide if you can board a full day, or you need to stop within two hours...

And there must be a shop near the mountain you'll be riding, isn't there?
Old 02-04-2011, 11:27 PM   #6 (permalink)

yeah there's shop but when I was there, it didn't look like they had any boots there, or maybe I just didn't look for them. Either way, I look there again for some. Thanks for the help.
Old 02-04-2011, 11:40 PM   #7 (permalink)

K2 raygun + K2 formulas + K2 darko = winning combination
ryannorthcott is offline   Reply With Quote