New NS F1 Premier - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-02-2011, 11:40 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default New NS F1 Premier

This is my second NS board and I simply wanted to say how bad ass I think this board is. If anyone wants a real review i'll give one..but quite simply, if you're thinking about buying a freeride/pow/allmtn board...this is it...I would seriously consummate with it if capable...that is all.
alleyehave is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-03-2011, 04:28 PM   #2 (permalink)
Veteran Member

For me it was between that and the NS SL. I liked the weight of the SL and also a bit less stiff. But yea i heard awesome things about the premier
snowjab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2011, 05:21 PM   #3 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by alleyehave View Post
This is my second NS board and I simply wanted to say how bad ass I think this board is. If anyone wants a real review i'll give one..but quite simply, if you're thinking about buying a freeride/pow/allmtn board...this is it...I would seriously consummate with it if capable...that is all.
I'm sure you could rub up against it sufficiently enough. Um..not that I'm speaking from experience, of course!

What were you riding before? I'm looking into the F1, but am nervous about getting away from a traditional camber board....
Listheeb21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2011, 07:42 PM   #4 (permalink)

yeah sick board. i've got about 100 days on my 2010 premier and i'm in love. i was debating between the sl and premier, but thought the premier would be better suited to my love of speed, steeps, and pow. man was i right!! i will admit the sl is a bit more playful, but i have a omatic wigglestick to fill that void. i will be picking up a proto ct as soon as they're released. seems like a perfect board for resort days and all mountain fun. should help to fill out my quiver.....

Omatic Wigglestick....goof around park board

Never Summer Proto CT.....all-mountain fun

Never Summer Premier F1-r....freeride/pow board

Option Freeplus Splitboard....backcountry goodness
Ghost_Rider_X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2011, 10:20 AM   #5 (permalink)

what size should I buy, Im going to use the premier for backcountry and glades (east coast) . im 5`9 - 5`10 and weight 170 lbs

I currently ride a 155 and like how nimble it is. I emailed never summer but they never replied.
jumpinthefire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2011, 01:03 PM   #6 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghost_Rider_X View Post
yeah sick board. i've got about 100 days on my 2010 premier and i'm in love. i was debating between the sl and premier, but thought the premier would be better suited to my love of speed, steeps, and pow. man was i right!! i will admit the sl is a bit more playful, but i have a omatic wigglestick to fill that void. i will be picking up a proto ct as soon as they're released. seems like a perfect board for resort days and all mountain fun. should help to fill out my quiver.....

Omatic Wigglestick....goof around park board

Never Summer Proto CT.....all-mountain fun

Never Summer Premier F1-r....freeride/pow board

Option Freeplus Splitboard....backcountry goodness
Whats the Proto CT all about?? Is it replacing the SL, or...?? you totally got me interested haha, I have the 2011/12 catalog and haven't seen it in that...
Old 02-15-2011, 01:07 PM   #7 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jumpinthefire View Post
what size should I buy, Im going to use the premier for backcountry and glades (east coast) . im 5`9 - 5`10 and weight 170 lbs

I currently ride a 155 and like how nimble it is. I emailed never summer but they never replied.
I'm no authority on sizes...however if you currently ride a 155 and I am assuming its more of an all mtn board..I would say the 157 would fit you fine...unless you are still growing and you plan on having the board for a long time(NS boards have a 3yr warranty, right? ) then consider the 159...and surely nothing larger ...as I understand it...with NS's tech, you don't need to get a board as long as you would think even if geared primarily for pow...you can get away with a slightly shorter board, which has its obvious benefits over a long cadillac

PS...you probably wont even visibly/feel a real difference between a 155 and 157...and probably minimal vs a 159...