Bataleon 2012 Q & A - Page 10 - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-21-2011, 02:59 PM   #91 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
enayes's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 172
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by leif View Post
Thanks for your input. How much is shipping to canada from your website?
At 155 pounds I'd go 154 for all-mountain.
enayes is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 02-21-2011, 08:23 PM   #92 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 1
Smile 2012 Et

The 2012 ET looks sick, I'm debating sticking it out till the new model comes out. I'm kind of torn on board size though. I'm currently beginner/intermediate and spend most of my time on groomers but I'm looking to ride a lot more park next season while still dabbling a bit on the mountain. I'm 5'6", 135 lbs with sz 9-9.5 boots. If I wait for the 2012, Should I go 149 or 152?

Last edited by papertigers142; 02-21-2011 at 08:29 PM.
papertigers142 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2011, 09:27 AM   #93 (permalink)
-LIFETIME MEMBER-
 
Wiredsport's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 2,239
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by papertigers142 View Post
The 2012 ET looks sick, I'm debating sticking it out till the new model comes out. I'm kind of torn on board size though. I'm currently beginner/intermediate and spend most of my time on groomers but I'm looking to ride a lot more park next season while still dabbling a bit on the mountain. I'm 5'6", 135 lbs with sz 9-9.5 boots. If I wait for the 2012, Should I go 149 or 152?
I would suggest the 152. The effective edge is 114 with the newer tip/tail shape (this year's 151 had 117).
Wiredsport is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2011, 10:50 AM   #94 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 8
Default Help please!

Hi. there is a big sale and i am thinking about gettin a new parkboard.
i am 6'0 and 180 lbs. Ive got 32 Lashed in size 10,5. i ride a Capita Indoor FK 158 for the whole mountain and it works great. Right now i am looking for a board only for parkriding and jibbing around the mountain.
Which board would fit me best?

RIDE Kink 155
BATALEON Evil Twin 154
BATALEON Evil Twin 157
BATALEON Evil Twin Classic 155 (Or schould i wait for next years Evil Twin?? Maybe better construction??)
ROME Graft 155
ROME Artifact 153 (2009/2010)
CAPITA Stairmaster 156

i do medium kickers (0 - 10m, the 10s not very often) and all boxes and rails. never ride in the pipe.

Would be nice if you could help me because i like all of them!!!!

Last edited by bocapita11; 03-01-2011 at 10:56 AM.
bocapita11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2011, 10:08 AM   #95 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Brooklyn, NY
Posts: 82
Default

Do all the Bataleon boards for the 2012 season have chamber between the bindings? Lobster Snowboards founder (one of the brothers) said that the Lobster snowboard will have TBT and be flat between the bindings.
tomek142 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2011, 10:20 AM   #96 (permalink)
-LIFETIME MEMBER-
 
Wiredsport's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 2,239
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomek142 View Post
Do all the Bataleon boards for the 2012 season have chamber between the bindings? Lobster Snowboards founder (one of the brothers) said that the Lobster snowboard will have TBT and be flat between the bindings.
All Bataleon boards are cambered from contact point to contact point for the center base (not just cambered between the bindings). The outer base lines (at the edges) are more in line with a rocker-camber-rocker profile. It is important to remeber that Bataleon boards have a 3 dimensional base which makes the camber / rocker story a lot harder to classify.
Wiredsport is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2011, 11:43 AM   #97 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Brooklyn, NY
Posts: 82
Default

Catalog 2012:
:+: ???? :+: ???? - Bataleon
tomek142 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2011, 05:21 AM   #98 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 3
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wiredsport View Post
Bataleon Distortia 2012 - 143
Bataleon FeelBetter 2012 - 143
Bataleon Violenza 2012 - 146
Is 143 the shortest girls board yeah? When will Bataleon realise that there are girls out there who need a park board less than 143! Its the size that always sells out first cause I dont think other companies make many each season but at least they have the offer:
Never summer pandora - 140
Ride compact - 138
salomon lark rocker - 138
burton social - 138
k2 va va voom - 139
gnu b street - 141
Please Bataleon sort it out for 2013!! I got a 143 distortia last year, and although I love it it's a bit long for the park and dome - im only 5ft and dont weigh much so want one a bit shorter - was hoping they'd a done that for 2012
kmack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2011, 10:46 AM   #99 (permalink)
-LIFETIME MEMBER-
 
Wiredsport's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 2,239
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by kmack View Post
Is 143 the shortest girls board yeah? When will Bataleon realise that there are girls out there who need a park board less than 143! Its the size that always sells out first cause I dont think other companies make many each season but at least they have the offer:
Never summer pandora - 140
Ride compact - 138
salomon lark rocker - 138
burton social - 138
k2 va va voom - 139
gnu b street - 141
Please Bataleon sort it out for 2013!! I got a 143 distortia last year, and although I love it it's a bit long for the park and dome - im only 5ft and dont weigh much so want one a bit shorter - was hoping they'd a done that for 2012
Hi Kmack,

I am stoked that you are enjoying your Distortia! Unfortunately, a lot of the other boards you have listed will not ride smaller than what you already have.

I have written this here a lot but, tip to tip length means nothing these days. For instance, next years Distortia and Feelbetter 143 have the same tip to tip length as this year's Distortia 143 (obviously), but have 1 cm less running surface (107 and 108 cm). Both have less running surface than the Never Summer Pandora in 140 cm (109cm), Gnu B street 141 (108cm), K2 VaVa voom (109 cm in the 139), and so on. That is to say, they are shorter boards where it counts. But, to take that a step further, you have to compare the actual contact area which is higly dependent on what profile is being used (Rocker, camber, etc).

The Burton Social 138 only has 100 cm of running length and may be a good choice if going shorter is your primary concern.
Wiredsport is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2011, 10:57 AM   #100 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 3
Default

Ha cheers, goes to show what I know!! Id tried to read all the posts here to check I wasnt repeating anything that had already been mentioned but musta missed that!

Would the actual length of the board (irespective of the effective edge)not have some effect on the weight of the board and the ease to spin, butter etc or am I totaly off? I figured the point in the shape of the vvv for example was so you could have the benefits of a longer board for riding but then have a shorter, lighter board for jibbing? I kinda get lost in all the tech if Im honest tho!

Also, any reason the 2012 distortia is extruded when the 2011 was sinthuded and the 2012 et is sintered?Seems a weird direction to go! Thanks again

Last edited by kmack; 03-13-2011 at 11:05 AM.
kmack is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:40 AM.



Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0 PL2
VerticalSports
Baseball Forum Golf Forum Boxing Forum Snowmobile Forum
Basketball Forum Soccer Forum MMA Forum PWC Forum
Football Forum Cricket Forum Wrestling Forum ATV Forum
Hockey Forum Volleyball Forum Paintball Forum Snowboarding Forum
Tennis Forum Rugby Forums Lacrosse Forum Skiing Forums