Bataleon 2012 Q & A - Page 11 - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-13-2011, 12:31 PM   #101 (permalink)
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Hi Kmack,

Effective edge is again a different measurement than running surface. It takes into account the board's sidecut, so if for instance you have two boards with identical running surface but with different sidecut depth, the board with the deeper sidecut will have a longer effective edge.

You are going to get different answers to your question about spin resistance etc from being on a slightly longer/shorter board. My answer is that when you are talking 2-4 cm of tip/tail shaping, you will be hard pressed to feel any difference at all. Weight has a lot more to do with construction than length.

As for base materials, riders have become a lot more informed as to the relative benefits of the different base materials. Manufacturers are meeting their requests with the best base for the type of riding. Extruded bases are a great choice for hard riding and for those who in reality do little or no base tuning.
Wiredsport is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-13-2011, 12:44 PM   #102 (permalink)

Ah cool, thanks. So how come the men's evil twin is sintered next year (and it was also snthuded this year) since the distortia is supposed to be the female equivalent? So one went synth-ext and the other went synth-sintered...I woulda thought type of riding would be similar in both? I have burton hero smalls too which is extruded and it is noticeably slower than my distortia...does that mean next years is likely to be alot slower than the 2011 distortia or I am off here too?
kmack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2011, 12:57 PM   #103 (permalink)
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Quote:
Originally Posted by kmack View Post
Ah cool, thanks. So how come the men's evil twin is sintered next year (and it was also snthuded this year) since the distortia is supposed to be the female equivalent? So one went synth-ext and the other went synth-sintered...I woulda thought type of riding would be similar in both? I have burton hero smalls too which is extruded and it is noticeably slower than my distortia...does that mean next years is likely to be alot slower than the 2011 distortia or I am off here too?
Options. The ever popular ET Classic stays Synthduded (sintruded) which really means a tougher extruded option. That offers two base options in two boards that fall in the same model line.
Old 03-14-2011, 12:09 AM   #104 (permalink)
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

what is your noodliest board available in wide?
Droid Axiom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2011, 10:19 AM   #105 (permalink)
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

The 2012 Airobic 156 Wide.

What is your weight and foot size?
Old 03-14-2011, 03:54 PM   #106 (permalink)
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wiredsport View Post
The 2012 Airobic 156 Wide.

What is your weight and foot size?
Im 6'5, 225lbs with a foot that varies from sz 12.5-14 in boot brands. Right now I'm riding a NS Revolver 161 as my all purpose board, but I'd like a lighter noodle that I can swing around easier for butters and park
Droid Axiom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2011, 07:12 PM   #107 (permalink)

i have a 2008 goliath 153 that i am selling if anyone is interested.
n2i1c3k7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2011, 11:23 AM   #108 (permalink)
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Quote:
Originally Posted by Droid Axiom View Post
Im 6'5, 225lbs with a foot that varies from sz 12.5-14 in boot brands. Right now I'm riding a NS Revolver 161 as my all purpose board, but I'd like a lighter noodle that I can swing around easier for butters and park
Hi Droid,

Thanks for that info.

At 225 the Airobic is really too soft. You will constantly have it overflexed and it will not give you the resistance you need to have fun trickin' it. The ET 2012 comes in two wide sizes and will be more fun for you.

Let's get an actual measure on your foot if we can. Please measure your foot using this method:

Kick your heel (barefoot please, no socks) back against a wall. Mark the floor exactly at the tip of your toe (the one that sticks out furthest - which toe this is will vary by rider). Measure from the mark on the floor to the wall. That is your foot length and is the only measurement that you will want to use. Measure in centimeters if possible, but if not, take inches and multiply by 2.54 (example: an 11.25 inch foot x 2.54 = 28.57 centimeters).
Old 03-19-2011, 12:18 PM   #109 (permalink)

hey there, i have a question:
i've been riding the 07/08 Goliath 157 and am definitely going to buy a bataleon again next season. i'm quite sure that i'm going to go with the new evil twin artist edition, because it's a little softer between the bindings than the Goliath, which should make it easier to butter.
i'm 5'8, 165lbs, i spend most of my time riding parks, but i concentrate on riding kickers (up to 50' so far, planning to hit bigger ones in the future though). i hit a box or a rail once in a while but i don't plan on increasing this dramatically.
the only thing i can't seem to figure out is whether to take the 154 or 157 evil twin. how does the new evil twin compare to the goliath regarding running length and effective edge? if i'm not mistaken, the evil twin has a longer effective edge than the goliath at the same size. i tend towards the 154 evil twin, but i wouldn't want to compromise the effective edge and thus the running stability.
thanks for your help!
Kenny Powers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2011, 06:28 PM   #110 (permalink)
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenny Powers View Post
hey there, i have a question:
i've been riding the 07/08 Goliath 157 and am definitely going to buy a bataleon again next season. i'm quite sure that i'm going to go with the new evil twin artist edition, because it's a little softer between the bindings than the Goliath, which should make it easier to butter.
i'm 5'8, 165lbs, i spend most of my time riding parks, but i concentrate on riding kickers (up to 50' so far, planning to hit bigger ones in the future though). i hit a box or a rail once in a while but i don't plan on increasing this dramatically.
the only thing i can't seem to figure out is whether to take the 154 or 157 evil twin. how does the new evil twin compare to the goliath regarding running length and effective edge? if i'm not mistaken, the evil twin has a longer effective edge than the goliath at the same size. i tend towards the 154 evil twin, but i wouldn't want to compromise the effective edge and thus the running stability.
thanks for your help!
Please let us know your foot size as well. That will help us make some informed suggestions.

Thanks!