Bataleon 2012 Q & A - Page 12 - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-20-2011, 08:01 AM   #111 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wiredsport View Post
Please let us know your foot size as well. That will help us make some informed suggestions.

Thanks!

i'm size 10 - 10,5... thanks
Kenny Powers is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-20-2011, 05:44 PM   #112 (permalink)

I am riding a Capita Ultrafear FK 153 w/ Forces this year and was thinking about the 2012 154 Evil Twin w/ Union Contact Pros. I am 5'10.5", 150 lbs, sz 9 boots.

Is the Evil Twin any softer this year and how does it handle pow? Will it be any similar to flat kick in powder? I LOVE the loose quick turning and easy maneuverability of the 153 Ultrafear in powder but sort of wish it wasn't so washy when haulin on groomed snow.

I ride in Lake Tahoe (getting a pass to Squaw and Northstar 11-12) and am usually in either the park (some jibbing, mostly jumps up to 40-50 feet) or riding glades and steep lines when there is powder. I do double blacks, small cliff drops, etc. when there is powder to be found but otherwise its the park or playing around the mountain doing butters and side hits.

Could anyone answer this, which would float better in powder my 153 Ultrafear or 154 Evil Twin? I have a Capita 156 Indoor Survival cambered also but the 153 floats better in pow and is way easier to maneuver for quick technical turns around rocks and trees too.

So basically I want a board that floats good in pow but is not too long and is easy to maneuver for quick turns in extremely steep and technical pow terrain AND is still fun for when I hit the park late day. I know it's a compromise but if anything this board should be more pow free-riding oriented but still playful enough for the park.

Last edited by naughtry; 03-20-2011 at 06:03 PM.
naughtry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2011, 01:45 PM   #113 (permalink)
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenny Powers View Post
hey there, i have a question:
i've been riding the 07/08 Goliath 157 and am definitely going to buy a bataleon again next season. i'm quite sure that i'm going to go with the new evil twin artist edition, because it's a little softer between the bindings than the Goliath, which should make it easier to butter.
i'm 5'8, 165lbs, i spend most of my time riding parks, but i concentrate on riding kickers (up to 50' so far, planning to hit bigger ones in the future though). i hit a box or a rail once in a while but i don't plan on increasing this dramatically.
the only thing i can't seem to figure out is whether to take the 154 or 157 evil twin. how does the new evil twin compare to the goliath regarding running length and effective edge? if i'm not mistaken, the evil twin has a longer effective edge than the goliath at the same size. i tend towards the 154 evil twin, but i wouldn't want to compromise the effective edge and thus the running stability.
thanks for your help!
You will be great on the 154 ET AE. the 2012 ET AE 154 has the same contact as your Goliath 157 (116 cm). The effective will be slightly less than your board (but only slightly) as yours has a deeper sidecut. The AE is 255 at the waist and will likely be around 265 at the inserts which is great for size 10/10.5 which works out to 28/28.5. 1 cm of barefoot overhang for both toe and heel at straight angles will allow all stance options.

Thanks!
Wiredsport is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2011, 05:38 PM   #114 (permalink)

Do you know any place where I can demo Bataleon in Vancouver? I usually ride in whistler and I asked the only store that carries Bataleon over there and they say no demo boards.
skip11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2011, 06:06 PM   #115 (permalink)
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Quote:
Originally Posted by skip11 View Post
Do you know any place where I can demo Bataleon in Vancouver? I usually ride in whistler and I asked the only store that carries Bataleon over there and they say no demo boards.
Hi Skip,

We will be re-entering the Brick and Mortar retail scene late this summer / early fall. For next season we will be offering full Demo Services for all of our partner brands and of course that will include Bataleon. We are Oregon based and will be on the route from Portland to Mt Hood, so while its not Vancouver...its a pretty drive south .

One problem that we see in the market as it stands is that it is very hard to test before you buy on most products. We hope to correct that.
Old 03-29-2011, 01:31 PM   #116 (permalink)

Hi,
What board would you suggest for someone 6'5 200lbs,size 12 feet who wants to live in the park, jibbin and jumpin all day? I'm liking the look of the airobic 156W....too small? Also, I used to have a riot but felt the tbt wasn't the best for locking in nose/tail presses as the center base strip was too narrow and easier to slip off the rail....does the wider jib tbt correct this issue?
Cheers man!
dyno1980 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2011, 01:46 PM   #117 (permalink)
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Quote:
Originally Posted by dyno1980 View Post
Hi,
What board would you suggest for someone 6'5 200lbs,size 12 feet who wants to live in the park, jibbin and jumpin all day? I'm liking the look of the airobic 156W....too small? Also, I used to have a riot but felt the tbt wasn't the best for locking in nose/tail presses as the center base strip was too narrow and easier to slip off the rail....does the wider jib tbt correct this issue?
Cheers man!
Which size Riot did you have? I would suggest the 159W ET for you. The Airobic will be very soft for your specs.
Old 03-29-2011, 03:13 PM   #118 (permalink)

I had a 09/10 159 Riot...Really sick board for the big stuff! was maybe a bit too stiff for jibbin (imo)....Really liking the wide options for next year, and like the sound of jib tbt...shame there's no 159W airobic! Will next years riot have a similar flex pattern to previous years? Cheers again man!
Old 03-29-2011, 03:23 PM   #119 (permalink)

Riot vs. Evil Twin?

I am looking for an all mountain stick that can also do powder. occasionally go in the park.

How does the Riot handle pow? I have a hard time coming across reviews on the 2011 riot. Any major changes I should wait on for the 2012?

Will the ET handle pow better? do you think the et would be the better all around choice for my style of riding, even though the ET is a bit more flexible/park oriented?

THANKS!

btw, I am ~160 lbs, sz.10.5-11 boot
DrEricFautstein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2011, 03:36 PM   #120 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrEricFautstein View Post
Riot vs. Evil Twin?

I am looking for an all mountain stick that can also do powder. occasionally go in the park.

How does the Riot handle pow? I have a hard time coming across reviews on the 2011 riot. Any major changes I should wait on for the 2012?

Will the ET handle pow better? do you think the et would be the better all around choice for my style of riding, even though the ET is a bit more flexible/park oriented?

THANKS!

btw, I am ~160 lbs, sz.10.5-11 boot
Check out the Goliath or Jam amigo.