Bataleon 2012 Q & A - Page 14 - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-30-2011, 01:30 PM   #131 (permalink)
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomek142 View Post
What do you mean "the sleeper in Batleon's line. Not the style of riding they are best known for, but maybe it should be."?
If Bataleon has had a core rider type it had been focused more on the twin, park, freestyle and all mountain freestyle set, but as the brand as a whole has been exploding, a new set of riders has been checking out the freeride shapes and...
Wiredsport is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-30-2011, 01:55 PM   #132 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wiredsport View Post
If Bataleon has had a core rider type it had been focused more on the twin, park, freestyle and all mountain freestyle set, but as the brand as a whole has been exploding, a new set of riders has been checking out the freeride shapes and...
Yea I totally agree. Snowboard in general is focusing on freestyle and park not just Bataleon.
tomek142 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2011, 05:40 PM   #133 (permalink)

How much stiffer is the Jam compared to the Goliath? I'm considering a few boards for next season that's just a bit softer than my Lib's T.Rice. I see in the catalog that the Jam is only 1 notch stiffer than the Goliath, but I know that flex rating can be misleading.
skip11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2011, 09:24 PM   #134 (permalink)
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Quote:
Originally Posted by skip11 View Post
How much stiffer is the Jam compared to the Goliath? I'm considering a few boards for next season that's just a bit softer than my Lib's T.Rice. I see in the catalog that the Jam is only 1 notch stiffer than the Goliath, but I know that flex rating can be misleading.
The Stiffness difference is modest, but for 2012 the TBT shape is different (Freestyle vs All Mountain) and that is notable.
Old 04-03-2011, 08:43 PM   #135 (permalink)

HI! I am a Bataleon freak and I have 3 boards! A Riot 159 08 ', a FunKink 149 10', and last bought an Omni 163 11 'but I did not take the rode it this year so is in the box! I bought the Omni to deal with powder, in my local mountain in Greece, which often throws! I just saw the 2012 Omni with backshit inserts, I regret my last purchase, because I want the NEW Omni very very much. I do not care about anything but the backshit inserts that will help in deep powder. I should sell a couple boards to get the new! hahaha! Every year Bataleon is suprise me! Keep riding hard! BatFreak!

Lets get RIOT!Ride wild or die hard!
mafia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2011, 11:31 PM   #136 (permalink)
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Quote:
Originally Posted by mafia View Post
HI! I am a Bataleon freak and I have 3 boards! A Riot 159 08 ', a FunKink 149 10', and last bought an Omni 163 11 'but I did not take the rode it this year so is in the box! I bought the Omni to deal with powder, in my local mountain in Greece, which often throws! I just saw the 2012 Omni with backshit inserts, I regret my last purchase, because I want the NEW Omni very very much. I do not care about anything but the backshit inserts that will help in deep powder. I should sell a couple boards to get the new! hahaha! Every year Bataleon is suprise me! Keep riding hard! BatFreak!
Hi Mafia,

The new inserts were going to be called "backseat", but "backshit" is way better. Maybe there is still time for a change. Are you in marketing?

Stoked that you are loving your Bataleons!!!
Old 04-04-2011, 02:01 AM   #137 (permalink)

Set on getting a '12 ET. Any idea what the MSRP might be? also 5'7 195 lb rider with size 10 boot here. I've got the blue groomers down pretty much and wanna start learning in the park. Still going to wanna bomb down tho. Would the 157 be a good choice and be enough board? Don't wanna be sinking in powder even with the new shape boasting its pow abilities!
BigO5659 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2011, 10:27 AM   #138 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wiredsport View Post
Hi Mafia,

The new inserts were going to be called "backseat", but "backshit" is way better. Maybe there is still time for a change. Are you in marketing?

Stoked that you are loving your Bataleons!!!
Backseat is correct Sorry! My English not very well! A friend of mine suggested to me and bought the Bataleon Riot and was astounded by the TBT! I love my boards, and the next will be Bataleon again!

Lets get RIOT!Ride wild or die hard!
mafia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2011, 11:55 AM   #139 (permalink)
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigO5659 View Post
Set on getting a '12 ET. Any idea what the MSRP might be? also 5'7 195 lb rider with size 10 boot here. I've got the blue groomers down pretty much and wanna start learning in the park. Still going to wanna bomb down tho. Would the 157 be a good choice and be enough board? Don't wanna be sinking in powder even with the new shape boasting its pow abilities!
MSRP is $449.00. 157 will be a solid choice for your specs if your goal is to use it for park to powder.

Thanks!
Old 04-04-2011, 12:07 PM   #140 (permalink)

Is there a demo schedule yet? I haven't demo'd a board before so I don't know how it works but will Bataleon's current retailers have boards to demo next season? Would love to get on one before I purchase.
BigO5659 is offline   Reply With Quote