Bataleon 2012 Q & A - Page 16 - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-15-2011, 12:52 AM   #151 (permalink)
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mafia View Post
You've rode it?
yes...................

That thing I do to escape the world and have fun with my friend

Also, buy my things?
http://www.snowboardingforum.com/buy...ml#post1737634
Nivek is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-15-2011, 10:12 AM   #152 (permalink)

im having a tough time deciding where to go next season. (summary at the end if you want to skip all this ramble)

Lets see, heres my quiver so you can see theres pretty much limited space

2009 bataleon airobic 155
2010 capita sierrascope (indoor FK) 156
2010 capita quiver killer 157
2011 capita charlie slasher 164

Basically i want a board as cruise-tastic as the indoor fk and as reliable, lively and poppy as the quiver killer. Ive always had it in my head that the board i want is the riot because it always felt like that nimble little powerhouse in the line, but slowly (and on teh strength of the 2012 line) im coming around to the goliath. The jam would be awesome of course, but i reckon its gonna be just a hair too stiff, and the omni is the board i would LOVE but truth be told i have the charlie and im happy with it in both freeride and pow conditions (its longer than my usual ride so really on point - its also surprisingly quick edge to edge so the size doesnt restrict it so much in normal riding - its just a little big to cruise on is all, the 158 would rip im absolutely sure of it, taper or no taper).
Im not really a park rat, so the twin isnt my thing (i appreciate its still great everywhere else, and the artist edition might have a shout being a bit stiffer than the reg twin), the funkink sounds freaking awesome in truth, and if i was deciding on a softer bataleon board its my rig of choice without even a second guess.

So that leaves the whatever, the riot, the enemy, and the goliath. The whatever sounds like a goliath lite, the enemy is the board of my dreams but WAY too over budget (its all about the pop), so its between the riot and the goliath. And i cant help but feel that of those, its actually the goliath thats now the more aggressive board. Am i right? or is the riot still the all mountain sleek poppy diverse nippy lightning fast board of choice? I always had the goliath pictured as sort of the master of none board in their line, but maybe i was just being snobby?

If i could summarise:

I spend all my time dotting around in the trees or slackcountry (not full backcountry though).
Im going into my 5th year.
Not really a park rat at all. though still kinda like hitting kickers and still desperately want to play in the pipe (love hitting walls and natural pipes).
Have a lazy streak that some days i just cant be bothered riding and want to muck about a bit so need a deck that can cruise if it needs to.
Must have a LOT of POP. I discovered it properly last year, and cant get enough of it. Its made my ride much more fun.
I want a deck that feels nimble, lively and stable.
I could definitely do with some reasonable float since i do spend a great deal of my time hunting down rogue powder stashes.

Height/weight/boots: 175cm/160lbs/size 9 boots.

As i say, sounds like one of the riot, enemy (but too pricey), evil twin artist edition or goliath. The jam could be there, but it feels like it might just be a direct replacement of the quiver killer and thats not really what im after.
ippy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2011, 10:31 AM   #153 (permalink)
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Riot, Riot, Riot!

You will not be let down.
Wiredsport is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2011, 10:50 AM   #154 (permalink)

Im glad you said that. I know in my heart its the riot. I had one in my hands at niseko in january and if i didnt have three boards with me and was already BUSTING my weight limit for my flight home (as well as already having to carry three decks around japan with me) i would have dropped the meagre 40,000yen right there and then. I held it in my hands for twenty minutes partly because it sings beautiful music to me and we have to be together, but mainly because i was trying to engage my brain to concoct a scheme so devilish that i could take it home with me without it being a massive pain in the nuts Alas the grey matter let me down and i walked out empty handed. If i wasnt a grown man, but a four year old kid, i would have been balling my eyes out when i left that shop. What im trying to say is that I would feel very wrong on a goliath.
Old 04-15-2011, 10:53 AM   #155 (permalink)
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Quote:
Originally Posted by ippy View Post
Im glad you said that. I know in my heart its the riot. I had one in my hands at niseko in january and if i didnt have three boards with me and was already BUSTING my weight limit for my flight home (as well as already having to carry three decks around japan with me) i would have dropped the meagre 40,000yen right there and then. I held it in my hands for twenty minutes partly because it sings beautiful music to me and we have to be together, but mainly because i was trying to engage my brain to concoct a scheme so devilish that i could take it home with me without it being a massive pain in the nuts Alas the grey matter let me down and i walked out empty handed. If i wasnt a grown man, but a four year old kid, i would have been balling my eyes out when i left that shop. What im trying to say is that I would feel very wrong on a goliath.
When you used Caps for LOT of POP you sealed it. The Riot is the Pop KING.
Old 04-15-2011, 11:11 AM   #156 (permalink)

haha, i had a feeling thats what sealed the deal Dont worry though, its absolutely right. The only other board that would fit the criteria as well is the enemy+++ But nice to get a different opinion outside of my own on it And one thats as emphatic as the voice shouting in my head to "buy the riot!" is just the ticket!
Old 04-25-2011, 10:04 AM   #157 (permalink)

Hello
I have had a good read through the Bataleon 2012 thread and am still a bit confused as to which Bataleon board is best for my style of riding. I am 6 ft, 185 lbs with size 11.5 boot on Union L/XL bindings. I have normally got away with a standard board but have not ridden a Bataleon before. I spend most of my time on groomers and natural kickers, just learning presses and pipe but not really a park rat. Looking for a board that will be fun fun fun. Decision was between an 157 Evil Twin or 158 Goliath, but now there is also the Whatever! Any recommendations on board and size gratefully received.
Cheers
bartyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2011, 10:22 AM   #158 (permalink)
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

The Goliath in 157 Wide will be an excellent choice. You will be happier with the extra width and STOKED with the board. It is a textbook fit for your style of riding.

Yeeeeeooooowwww!
Old 04-25-2011, 11:53 AM   #159 (permalink)
Veteran Member

The Angry Snowboarder Blog Archive 2012 Bataleon Fun.Kink Used and Reviewed Here you guys go if you're looking for a 2012 review on the Fun.Kink.
Old 04-25-2011, 11:56 AM   #160 (permalink)
Stay Strapped

Plenty of info in this thread... awesome wiredsport for offering your insights

I'm thinking of a Bataleon for my third deck... any guidance?
I currently have the Burton Vapor and Never Summer Evo-R...looking for something to grow a quiver... As I'm progressing, I ride any and all terrain/style so mostly I just want to have a well rounded set