Bataleon 2012 Q & A - Page 19 - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-16-2011, 09:56 PM   #181 (permalink)

Default A Little Help for the 2012 Quiver

I am 5'08" & 175 lbs with Size 10 Boots. I currently have a 155 Sierra Reverse Crew in my arsenal which is practically identical to a Burton Custom V Rocker.

Loking to add a 2012 Bataleon to my quiver without duplicating my efforts.

I prefer all mtn riding and since I live on the Ice Coast I typically ride icey groomers in North Carolina.
I wouldn't mind hitting the park a little and adding some free ride to my character but I will mainly still ride all mountain.

Can you please offer any suggestions because I am torn between the ET, Riot, Whatever and Goliath....although I am leaning towards the Riot and Goliath. Also I am thinking about down sizing a couple of centimeters for control.

Another option may be to get a Fun Kink or Airobic and add to an all mtn board....

Thanks,

STRICK
STRICK-9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-16-2011, 10:15 PM   #182 (permalink)
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Quote:
Originally Posted by STRICK-9 View Post
I am 5'08" & 175 lbs with Size 10 Boots. I currently have a 155 Sierra Reverse Crew in my arsenal which is practically identical to a Burton Custom V Rocker.

Loking to add a 2012 Bataleon to my quiver without duplicating my efforts.

I prefer all mtn riding and since I live on the Ice Coast I typically ride icey groomers in North Carolina.
I wouldn't mind hitting the park a little and adding some free ride to my character but I will mainly still ride all mountain.

Can you please offer any suggestions because I am torn between the ET, Riot, Whatever and Goliath....although I am leaning towards the Riot and Goliath. Also I am thinking about down sizing a couple of centimeters for control.

Another option may be to get a Fun Kink or Airobic and add to an all mtn board....

Thanks,

STRICK
The Goliath 156 will be a great all mountain choice for you. The ET 154 if you want something leaning more toward freestyle. I would not go to any of the softer boards at 175 lbs.

Thanks!
Wiredsport is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2011, 11:43 PM   #183 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wiredsport View Post
The Goliath 156 will be a great all mountain choice for you. The ET 154 if you want something leaning more toward freestyle. I would not go to any of the softer boards at 175 lbs.

Thanks!
Thanks for such a quick response....which of the two offer a greater contrast to the Custom V Rocker I am riding now!
STRICK-9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2011, 11:58 PM   #184 (permalink)
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Quote:
Originally Posted by STRICK-9 View Post
Thanks for such a quick response....which of the two offer a greater contrast to the Custom V Rocker I am riding now!
They will both feel very different than your rockered Crew as they are cambered TBT models. It is a difficult comparison and they do not really line up well. If I had to choose for you, it would be the Goliath due to your location. It will not dissapoint!
Old 05-18-2011, 04:44 PM   #185 (permalink)

Hey ive been riding bataleon for a year or so now, and this year i was looking at getting the "whatever" for an all mountain board(mainly ride jibs down the main runs, and powder trees). Im about 6 feet tall, weight around 115 - 120 and have a boot size of a 10.5. I was just wondering if i should get a 156 or the 159??

Thanks
westsiderider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2011, 05:25 PM   #186 (permalink)
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Quote:
Originally Posted by westsiderider View Post
Hey ive been riding bataleon for a year or so now, and this year i was looking at getting the "whatever" for an all mountain board(mainly ride jibs down the main runs, and powder trees). Im about 6 feet tall, weight around 115 - 120 and have a boot size of a 10.5. I was just wondering if i should get a 156 or the 159??

Thanks
Stoked for you!

You will be much happier on the smaller board (slightly softer which will help with your light weight). Width will be fine assuming you ride with some angle.
Old 05-18-2011, 10:05 PM   #187 (permalink)

hi,

I'm looking into getting a Goliath for the up coming season. I want an all mountain/freestyle board that is half decent at buttering, jibbing and spinning, but also one that is good for all over the mountain; groomed runs, off piste, park etc.

Is the goliath the best option?

And if so, i weigh about 175 and stand about 5'10". would a 157 or 153 be the better option?

Thanks
halvies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2011, 10:20 PM   #188 (permalink)
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Quote:
Originally Posted by halvies View Post
hi,

I'm looking into getting a Goliath for the up coming season. I want an all mountain/freestyle board that is half decent at buttering, jibbing and spinning, but also one that is good for all over the mountain; groomed runs, off piste, park etc.

Is the goliath the best option?

And if so, i weigh about 175 and stand about 5'10". would a 157 or 153 be the better option?

Thanks
Please let us know your foot size as well.

Thanks!
Old 05-18-2011, 10:29 PM   #189 (permalink)

My boots are a size 10

Last edited by halvies; 05-18-2011 at 10:34 PM.
halvies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2011, 11:32 PM   #190 (permalink)
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Quote:
Originally Posted by halvies View Post
My boots are a size 10
The 156 will be an excellent choice for your specs.