Bataleon 2012 Q & A - Page 20 - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-19-2011, 05:42 PM   #191 (permalink)

Also, I just wanted to ask whether skill level is an issue with the goliath. I've only done about 5-7 days and am comfortable on blue runs, at reasonable speed and small kickers. I believe i have picked up snowboarding really quickly but i think i'm still a beginner, maybe getting close to intermediate. I hear that the Goliath is more for intermediate/advanced riders. Would it be a bad idea to start using the Goliath at my skill level?
halvies is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-19-2011, 09:48 PM   #192 (permalink)
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Quote:
Originally Posted by halvies View Post
Also, I just wanted to ask whether skill level is an issue with the goliath. I've only done about 5-7 days and am comfortable on blue runs, at reasonable speed and small kickers. I believe i have picked up snowboarding really quickly but i think i'm still a beginner, maybe getting close to intermediate. I hear that the Goliath is more for intermediate/advanced riders. Would it be a bad idea to start using the Goliath at my skill level?
Hi Halvies,

We feel great suggesting Bataleon boards, including the Goliath, even to first day riders. TBT is the reason. It simply reduces those hard take downs from caught tip and tail edges. As long as you do not go too long for yourself or too stiff, this will be a fun easy board to progress on...and when you go pro, I want a cut
Wiredsport is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2011, 11:07 PM   #193 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wiredsport View Post
Hi Halvies,

We feel great suggesting Bataleon boards, including the Goliath, even to first day riders. TBT is the reason. It simply reduces those hard take downs from caught tip and tail edges. As long as you do not go too long for yourself or too stiff, this will be a fun easy board to progress on...and when you go pro, I want a cut
Awesome. Thanks for all your help. You've made the decision much easier for me.
halvies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2011, 11:41 AM   #194 (permalink)

Default Stupid Question

So I am unfortunately color-blind and was wondering if anyone could tell me the colors on the new 154 ET....
STRICK-9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2011, 08:25 PM   #195 (permalink)
Stay Strapped

Quote:
Originally Posted by STRICK-9 View Post
So I am unfortunately color-blind and was wondering if anyone could tell me the colors on the new 154 ET....
blue on white

Edit: Now a question for you... how do colour-blind people drive if its difficult to differentiate between traffic lights... I considered the positioning (bottom, mid, top) but sometimes its sunny or you're just too far from the lights to tell

Last edited by InfiniteEclipse; 05-21-2011 at 08:28 PM.
InfiniteEclipse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2011, 09:10 AM   #196 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by InfiniteEclipse View Post
blue on white

Edit: Now a question for you... how do colour-blind people drive if its difficult to differentiate between traffic lights... I considered the positioning (bottom, mid, top) but sometimes its sunny or you're just too far from the lights to tell
Well, I am supposedly the worst kind, red/green, but I can tell you I can see every color. I have trained myself to recognize colors by the color, if that makes sense but when colors get placed next to one another they become difficult to differentiate. For example, green grass really looks orange to me while blue/purple, brown/green, yellow/green in particular shades make it really difficult. In this case, I couldn't tell if the blue on the 154 was purple and if the darker splots are navy/midnight blue or black.

As for driving, the green is really easy to recognize although it looks white to me and the yellow can be psimistic at times. And as you said, the patterns whether horizontal or vertical are always the same. Flashing yellows can be difficult when it's dark as not to confuse it with red! Hope that tangent helps.
STRICK-9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2011, 12:25 PM   #197 (permalink)
Stay Strapped

thank you, i was always curious

re: the 2012 ET.. I remember there was a blue on white one, but just looking again i saw a thread on snowboardclub.co.uk that shows it as a mix of mostly green and some blue on white... So perhaps there are different variants

Last edited by InfiniteEclipse; 05-22-2011 at 12:29 PM.
InfiniteEclipse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2011, 12:58 PM   #198 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wiredsport View Post
Stoked for you!

You will be much happier on the smaller board (slightly softer which will help with your light weight). Width will be fine assuming you ride with some angle.
I was also wondering, being 6 feet tall I like pretty wide stance and I noticed that the whatever has a stance width of 57.5 cm, whereas most of there older boards went up to 64 cm. Do you think it is really much of a noticeable difference?
westsiderider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2011, 05:01 PM   #199 (permalink)
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Quote:
Originally Posted by westsiderider View Post
I was also wondering, being 6 feet tall I like pretty wide stance and I noticed that the whatever has a stance width of 57.5 cm, whereas most of there older boards went up to 64 cm. Do you think it is really much of a noticeable difference?
That is just under 23 inches. Do you know what width you ride?
Wiredsport is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2011, 05:29 PM   #200 (permalink)

I ride a 2010 bataleon riot 155 right now, and i have it set 1 in from the max stance which is about 24"
westsiderider is offline   Reply With Quote