Bataleon 2012 Q & A - Page 21 - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-23-2011, 12:04 AM   #201 (permalink)

I wonder if 57.5 cm the max stance width or just the recommended width......
westsiderider is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-21-2011, 10:48 AM   #202 (permalink)

Hi Wiredsport,
Firstly, kudos on all the help youre giving everyone. Its great!

I have a bit of a different situation to most of the riders here. I spent the majority of my time this season hitting 40-50+ degree lines, including trees, no fall zones, cliffs and chutes. Im 85kg, 6'5 (200cm) with a size 12 boot. My biggest issues are small sidecuts (which ruin fast, steep carves), edgehold and dampness. For an example, a Never Summer SL is neither stiff nor damp enough for me. Im looking at Bataleon because im a nerd who loves trying new things and want to see what the tech is all about. I take good care of my bases, sintered is a must.

So anyway im looking at an undisputed and wondering whether anyone around here has taken one through the paces down some hectic terrain. I know there are companies out there that cater to this style of riding (Donek, APO, Venture, Jones, Prior etc) but I really want to try TBT in the gnar. Im spending the coming season at Revelstoke.

PS. Will probably get an ET wide as well for the few weeks of bad weather or when im feeling too lazy to hike.

EDIT: I like big boards. A 169 NS Titan was the most comfortable thing I rode all season. Bloody short board craze...

Last edited by Golliwog; 06-21-2011 at 10:55 AM. Reason: size reminder
Golliwog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2011, 11:15 AM   #203 (permalink)
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Hi Golliwog,

The Undisputed has a very unique feel. Got in some late season, fresh Hood days on the 167 and it blew me away. Your weight is going to to have a big impact on how damp the board feels to you, but for me (185 lbs) it feels very neutral in terms of rebound. The release from powered up, all-in turns is where it really seperates itself from the pack. You will not find a more manageable 167 and you can easiliy set her loose in big hairball conditions.
Wiredsport is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2011, 06:50 AM   #204 (permalink)

Has the undisputed changed in any way at all 10/11 vs 11/12? I like the graphics of the older one better but if they have optimized the TBT or added "freeride TBT" ill deal with the new gfx
Golliwog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2011, 07:08 AM   #205 (permalink)
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Quote:
Originally Posted by Golliwog View Post
Has the undisputed changed in any way at all 10/11 vs 11/12? I like the graphics of the older one better but if they have optimized the TBT or added "freeride TBT" ill deal with the new gfx
The 2012 still uses Freeride TBT, but the nose and tail profiles have longer, less abrupt upturn transitions. Also the flex pattern has been updated with stiffness enhancemnts in the tail and a subtle compliance in the nose. Also, "backseat" inserts are added in 2012 for those big dump setback days.

On this model, I would wait for the 2012.
Old 06-22-2011, 11:41 PM   #206 (permalink)

Hi i was just wondering which board size you would recommend be best for me. I was looking at getting the Bataleon Airobic in a 151 or 154, or getting a Bataleon Funkink in a 151 or 154 also. Im just over 6 feet tall, weigh 123 lbs and have a boot size of a 10. Any answers will help, Thank you.
Old 06-23-2011, 07:37 AM   #207 (permalink)
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Quote:
Originally Posted by westsiderider View Post
Hi i was just wondering which board size you would recommend be best for me. I was looking at getting the Bataleon Airobic in a 151 or 154, or getting a Bataleon Funkink in a 151 or 154 also. Im just over 6 feet tall, weigh 123 lbs and have a boot size of a 10. Any answers will help, Thank you.
Hi Westsiderider,

Happy to help. Tell me a little about where you ride and your style of riding. Will this be your only board?

Thanks
Old 06-23-2011, 04:01 PM   #208 (permalink)

Well i usually ride at local mountains like Big White, Sunpeaks, or Silver star (Canada). Pretty much everyday I ride the main runs and hit the lil jibs and jumps down the run, or hit powy trees if i can find any. After that i usually cut over to the park and and shred thought it, and then take the chairlift back up and do it all over again. I currently have a 2010-2011 Bataleon Riot 155 right now which I use for powy days, and i'm looking at either the Airobic, or Funkink for an every day riding board that will perform good in the park too.
Old 06-23-2011, 04:23 PM   #209 (permalink)

wired---thx for all of your expertise. can you take a look:

riding experience: 6 years
level: high intermediate
stats: 6'1", 200lbs, size 12 boot (before clothes, helmet, boots, etc)
stance: dont necessarily need a wide board. i usually ride all the way out (i am very long legged) and am naturally duck footed, so toe drag hasnt been an issue yet.
locations: primarily Rockies, take 3-4 trips a year. love JHole, and the Cottonwood Canyons of UT.
conditions: almost always off the groomers, hikes to fresh lines, and into the trees hunting for pow stashes, greens and most blues need not apply.
style: in typical coniditions---go to the top and conquer/jump everything in my path on the way down from hits to jibs to small drops and natural half pipes. like to haul tail. loved the stash parks at JHole. butter my way across groomers in between tree lines. if there is park or pipe in my path it will get my attention, but i usually dont hot lap until the end of the day or during really sub par conditions on the rest of the mountain.
current quiver: Undisputed 167, Smokin Big Wig 162. (have owned a bunch of bananas also).

goal: i fell in love with my TBT undisputed last year. i also had a ripping time on my GFs 159 Omni. i intend to keep my Undisputed for the deep pow days and replace my Big Wig with a TBT board for the average days. The Riot and Goliath (as due the ETAE and the Whatever) have my attention, but i am concerned about one being too noodly and the other being too stiff. i would really consider anything. from descriptions, i have the riot #1, and the goliath #2. What are your thoughts?

Last edited by tdc_worm; 06-23-2011 at 05:17 PM.
tdc_worm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2011, 05:09 PM   #210 (permalink)

Hi Wiredsport

I've been riding Libs for the ;last 5 years. I'm now interested in Bataleon. Two boards I'm looking at are the Evil Twin and Goliath. I'm 180cm tall and 92kg's. I'll be riding Japan and Canada, predominately freestyle with powder to boot (I'm from Australia). Can you give me advice on which model may be better for me? I'm looking at the 2012 models.
JVee is offline   Reply With Quote