Bataleon 2012 Q & A - Page 25 - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-07-2011, 09:05 AM   #241 (permalink)
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomek142 View Post
Sure no problem. I'll use the board for mostly riding down the mountain. I have a Capita Ultrafear that I love but that thing isn't working for me on black diamonds and icy conditions. So looking into something more all mountain that can handle those runs but also be a fun chill ride down. I also have a Burton UnInc. that I use for freeriding (might sell to get a Omni/Enemy/Undisputed/Capit Black Snowboard of Death) so already have two boards. Just looking into getting a third that's right between those two boards. Won't hit boxes or rails but might hit a small jump if anything.

Thinking of getting a Goliath, ET (might be too soft) or Riot. I'm 165 lbs and wear a 10 boot size.
Got it.

The Goliath 158 will be perfect for your needs. You fit well on the 156 and 158 but on the East Coast (and not primarily looking for airs/jibs/spins for this deck) the extra effective edge on the 158 will be welcomed.

The Flat Kick Rocker used on your Ultrafear is really fun and loose...until it hardens up and then the very short running surface and edge contact make it a handful.

Your uninc was a great board, but it was not designed as a freeride specific board. The goliath will actually reach further into freeride than the Uninc did (uninc was designed as a stiffer park board). Were you to go with a three board setup (Ultrafear-Goliath-Omni) you would have one sick and fully covered quiver.

Thanks!

Last edited by Wiredsport; 08-07-2011 at 09:20 AM.
Wiredsport is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-07-2011, 09:53 PM   #242 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wiredsport View Post
Pricing will look like this for 2012:

DISASTER $359.95
AIROBIC $399.95
EVIL TWIN $449.95
EVIL TWIN ARTIST $469.95
RIOT $549.95

FUNKINK $369.95
WHATEVER $399.95
GOLIATH $449.95
JAM $549.95
ENEMY $799.95

OMNI $449.95
UNDISPUTED $579.95

DISTORTIA $399.95
FEELBETTER $349.95
VIOLENZA $429.95
Good to see they dont have such a high price on the enemy this time around
ippy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2011, 02:05 PM   #243 (permalink)

Default Choices

Hello Wiredsport,

I have been looking to purchase a new snowboard and have really taken to the bataleon brand. I don't hit the park hard, infact I more so enjoy just cruising, and doing lots of buttering, presses, small rails and boxes. I am 175 pounds and 5'11. I was looking at their evil twin, evil twin artist edition and the goliath. I also have size 10.5-11 boot. These boards from their descriptions from the 2012 catalog seem to be the ones for me. Can you give any more advice or information on them? Also with the boot size mentioned, what is a minimum board width I should look for?

Much thanks if you could help me out!

Cheers.
Camkoobria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2011, 04:01 PM   #244 (permalink)
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Quote:
Originally Posted by Camkoobria View Post
Hello Wiredsport,

I have been looking to purchase a new snowboard and have really taken to the bataleon brand. I don't hit the park hard, infact I more so enjoy just cruising, and doing lots of buttering, presses, small rails and boxes. I am 175 pounds and 5'11. I was looking at their evil twin, evil twin artist edition and the goliath. I also have size 10.5-11 boot. These boards from their descriptions from the 2012 catalog seem to be the ones for me. Can you give any more advice or information on them? Also with the boot size mentioned, what is a minimum board width I should look for?

Much thanks if you could help me out!

Cheers.
Stoked to help Camkoobria,

Kindly let me know where you typically ride. I will be happy to provide a minimum width but will need your stance angles.

Please measure your foot using this method:

Kick your heel (barefoot please, no socks) back against a wall. Mark the floor exactly at the tip of your toe (the one that sticks out furthest - which toe this is will vary by rider). Measure from the mark on the floor to the wall. That is your foot length and is the only measurement that you will want to use. Measure in centimeters if possible, but if not, take inches and multiply by 2.54 (example: an 11.25 inch foot x 2.54 = 28.57 centimeters).
Old 08-08-2011, 05:13 PM   #245 (permalink)

Default Looking for a jib board thats rideable on piste

Hi,

I think its great that youre giving out advice.

I would really appreciate it if you could recommend a board for me.

Currently own 159 evil twin but looking for a smaller park specific board. However, I do not want it to be unrideable when cruising pistes and moderate powder.

I enjoy hitting decent sized kickers as well as rails and boxes, and going very fast on the piste.

I am 6 foot 1 and 92 kg.

I really like the idea of the 156W, but I fear it might be a bit small.

What do you think?

Edit:Size 10.5 / 11 UK feet

Last edited by BradMX; 08-08-2011 at 05:15 PM. Reason: foot size
BradMX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2011, 06:13 PM   #246 (permalink)
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Hi Brad,

If you have a 159 ET, that means it is the Classic round tip/tail model. That deck has a running length of 120 cm. The 2012 ET 156 Wide has blunted tip/tail and a running length of 118 cm. That is ample for you as a park board. 92 kg is 203 lbs, and this is a great fit as a park board. No worries cruising piste on it as well. Too icy or too deep and there is no substitute for surface area and effective edge, but there is a lot of crossover potential there.

Thanks!
Old 08-09-2011, 12:50 AM   #247 (permalink)

Quote:
Stoked to help Camkoobria,

Kindly let me know where you typically ride. I will be happy to provide a minimum width but will need your stance angles.

Please measure your foot using this method:

Kick your heel (barefoot please, no socks) back against a wall. Mark the floor exactly at the tip of your toe (the one that sticks out furthest - which toe this is will vary by rider). Measure from the mark on the floor to the wall. That is your foot length and is the only measurement that you will want to use. Measure in centimeters if possible, but if not, take inches and multiply by 2.54 (example: an 11.25 inch foot x 2.54 = 28.57 centimeters).

Alright so I measured it and got 26.76cm. Stance I use it usually 12 12
Old 08-09-2011, 09:01 AM   #248 (permalink)
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Quote:
Originally Posted by Camkoobria View Post
Alright so I measured it and got 26.76cm. Stance I use it usually 12 12
Got it. 26.7 is more typically a size 9 US

At 12/12 you can lose more width again, so you will be comfortable on boards that are 25 to 26 at the inserts (not the waist which will vary greatly depending on the board (more on that at: Wiredsport | Snowboard Fit Tips Part One .

You will love the Goliath 156. Let me know once you have had a chance to ride one.

Thanks!
Old 08-09-2011, 09:48 AM   #249 (permalink)

Hi Wiredsport,

I had some further questions on what board to get for next year. Like I said in a thread, currently I have a mostly freeride board-Burton Guru which is quite stiff. It is a pretty descent board for freeriding, but this year I am looking to progress into the park. When I am at my local mountain I hit the park-rails, kickers, boxes, bomb some hills, butter around, hit side bumps, and just have fun with everything over the hill. It is mostly hard pack groomers with some stashes of powder. I am also heading out to Breckenridge in January for a 5 day trip. I guess I cannot make up my mind on which of these two boards I would like to have. As far as my current board, I do not think that I will ride it that much if I can land a more park oriented board that can also kill it when bombing, carving, or hitting some kickers. I hope you can help me make a more informed decision. Thanks!

Height: 5'11"
Weight: 173-185 (varies throughout the year)
Boot: 9-9 1/2
losib3257 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2011, 09:53 AM   #250 (permalink)

Quote:
Got it. 26.7 is more typically a size 9 US

At 12/12 you can lose more width again, so you will be comfortable on boards that are 25 to 26 at the inserts (not the waist which will vary greatly depending on the board (more on that at: Wiredsport | Snowboard Fit Tips Part One .

You will love the Goliath 156. Let me know once you have had a chance to ride one.

Thanks!
Hey Wiredsport much thanks for the help so far. Although I got that measurement, I comfortably wear a size 10.5 boot. 9 is tight and my toes get jammed up in the front pretty bad. Would the 156 goliath still be a good size?